illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

31JAN20 - REGULAR SEASONAL TOURNAMENTS

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Starry View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Starry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2020 at 15:23
Thanks for the tourney, current and future.    We're looking forward to regular tourneys in Harmless. :)

Happy 10th Anniversary Devs!!!  :)    Wow, I can't believe I've been playing for almost ten years...(next month).    
CEO, Harmless?
Founder of Toothless?

"Truth never dies."
-HonoredMule

GM Stormcrow View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
GM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GM Stormcrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2020 at 13:03
Originally posted by eowan the short eowan the short wrote:

One... slight issue. The inability to be kicked for a month seems like a potentially abuseable thing if people know it will happen regularly. 

[snip]

Could there be some way for an alliance leader to force recall a player in that alliance's troops from a tourney square or some other way of dealing with this?

It's an interesting question, but I do rather see this as an edge case.  This scenario has been possible in any other previous tournament we've run, and hasn't happened before.  It would seem to me that a possible workaround would be for the alliance who wish to be rid of the player to simply recall all their own armies just before a large hit on the tournament square, leaving the disruptive player to take the hit on their own, and thus leaving them without any troops on a tournament square, and the ability to be kicked.  That is, if kicking someone from the alliance is deemed more important to the alliance leadership than potentially winning or losing the square. 

I think it's unlikely that we'll implement such a 'forced recall' process.  Alliances are responsible for their own recruitment and vetting procedures, and I'm not sure the dev team should be spending time on providing people with easy solutions to problems of their own making :)

Regards,

SC

EDIT: typo

Edited by GM Stormcrow - 02 Feb 2020 at 13:04
GM Stormcrow View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
GM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GM Stormcrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2020 at 00:13
Originally posted by Eros Eros wrote:

Totems can not be 'turned off'?

Sure, if the Regional Winning Alliance chooses the 'Inactive Totem'.  

As above, in the FAQs:

In the end, everyone either stays resource neutral (if the "Inactive Totem" is chosen)... or they get something distinctly useful, chosen by the Regional Winning Alliance. 

Cheers,

SC
Eros View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2020 at 00:01
Totems can not be 'turned off'?
It's late on Ash Wednesday. An Asian teenager in a slammed-out Acura offers you a plate of chicken vindaloo
BrianN View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrianN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2020 at 22:43
Hi, my name is "Near"
Grom View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2020 at 21:25
I agree with Huc and Laga. That  probably  means this is an update with near universal appeal. LOL
Eros View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2020 at 19:54
Agreed Laga, a grand initiative, bravo! 
It's late on Ash Wednesday. An Asian teenager in a slammed-out Acura offers you a plate of chicken vindaloo
eowan the short View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eowan the short Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2020 at 18:52
Awesome idea! I'm looking forward to being able to compete!

One... slight issue. The inability to be kicked for a month seems like a potentially abuseable thing if people know it will happen regularly. 

As an example of how this could be abused, let's say Arion Splintspur were to become dissatisfied with the leadership of Bob Diamond. 

In the past, if Arion then proceeded to trash the alliance in GC or attempted to cause significant diplomatic issues, Bob could kick Arion and the problem would be somewhat solved. Rather than being a player from that alliance warning all the new players to stay away it would be some unconnected player, and any diplomatic issues Arion caused would now be Arion's problem rather than Bob's.

However, now Arion could wait for a tourney, stick a whole bunch of troops on the tourney square that his alliance has won for the past 5 seasons in a row, and then Bob would have to wait a month to kick Arion. During this month, Arion would be able to do whatever he wanted to harm the reputation of that alliance.

Could there be some way for an alliance leader to force recall a player in that alliance's troops from a tourney square or some other way of dealing with this?

Edited by eowan the short - 31 Jan 2020 at 18:56
This is the thread that never ends, yes it goes on and on my friend. Some person started it, not knowing what it was, and we'll continue posting on it forever just because...
Lagavulin View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lagavulin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2020 at 18:38
This is one of the best ideas in years. A wonderful roll out for your 10th anniversary!
DeliciousJosh View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeliciousJosh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2020 at 18:14
Wooooot!
What a great addition to an already great game. Lovely.
+5 food inc

PublicRelations
HumanResources
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic