illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hope Ridge Hub visibility

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Etherea View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Etherea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hope Ridge Hub visibility
    Posted: 03 Dec 2019 at 19:33
Hi Devs, 
    I am putting this request here and linking it for others to comment on to show that this is something that many Broken Lands players wish to see. 

A project has been started to set Hope Ridge Hub as the primary use hub in Broken Lands, after the same fashion as Centrum. But to make this hub accessible to all Broken Lands players as a primary hub, we feel it is necessary for it to be made Capital Visible on accounts as Centrum is. Please consider this a petition by all with interests in seeing this a reality to have Hope Ridge made visible on all accounts through their Capital. 

To all with interest in seeing this happen, please comment below to make your wishes known. 

Kristaal
Gry View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Gry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2019 at 19:40
A second capital hub in the BL would be great!

Thanks for the effort 4WT is putting into Hope Ridge too :)
Lagavulin View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Lagavulin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2019 at 19:47
I like the idea of a second all visible hub in BL. Hope Ridge would be ok. But maybe the Council of Illyria could open a new one in BL?
Humanoid View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Humanoid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2019 at 20:01
+1 :D
The world is a soup and I am a fork ...
Beleg View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Beleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2019 at 21:45
+1
GM Stormcrow View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
GM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GM Stormcrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2019 at 22:22
It's a very intriguing idea.

Is Hope Ridge the pre-eminent trade hub capital in BL? Are there other contenders?  

Wonder if there should be an (eg) 1-2 month period where (at the end of the period) we run reports on the volumes (quantities/gold/tax etc) of all the trade hubs in BL, and the winner gets to be a default hub.  We'd clearly have to look at faction relationship tax penalities as well.

Obv if there was a default-tradable BL trade hub we'd either have to (my preference) add it to all Elgea-player-capital default Hub Access (alongside Centrum) *or* (not my preference) restrict BL default hubs to the winning BL hub and remove Centrum... I can imagine a lot of current BL players who wouldn't want their default access transferred from Centrum to Hope Ridge (or any other hub winner in a hub contest).

Just thinking aloud here; but I very much like the idea of a default-accessible BL hub.  It's more the mechanics that I would love thoughts on.

SC
Etherea View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Etherea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2019 at 03:09
Thank you for weighing in Stormcrow, 

I also thought a lot about it after the suggestion was made to me to contact the Dev team, and I agree that adding it alongside centrum would be the best answer, as the default BL Hub. Most pertinently becuase there are many players with interests on both continents, and they may choose to use both independantly based on city local, or together. But visibility to both would be of great assistance to them either way. 

As to Hope Ridge being our target of interest in working this up, we looked at centrality of locale as well as racial equality. Hope Ridge was the one hub that fit both markers as closely as possible. For years I had been reading postings by players in the BL for a primary marketplace, so using those messages and the placement/equality of a hub as the guide, came up with Hope Ridge as the answer. So I began a targeted advertisement campaign for Hope Ridge, and its trade is rising quickly. Players with interests in the BL have been sending traders there, sell and buy orders are up, some in the double digits, and more traders are on the way everyday. I sent mailings to every alliance on the first three pages of alliance listings asking them to forward them to all thier membership, and have recieved enough responses in return that I know the message was forwarded. I do a GC update on the status of Hope Ridge daily to keep interest up, and let more players that a primary hub has been targeted and is in activation. 
    I do hope that all this helps in the decision for you, and that the team will feel inclined to activate the process as soon as possible. I do think that it will be the end factor in determining the success of a hub finally be activated as a primary in the BL. 

Thank you again. 
     Kristaal
Tensmoor View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Tensmoor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2019 at 12:16
I'm for it and think that both Hope Ridge and Centrum should be 'capital visible' to all.
King View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote King Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2019 at 14:01
agrees with tens   should see both from capital  and any towns close.  thank you Dev team !!

TheFanciness View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote TheFanciness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2019 at 17:07
I'm not a BL player, but I'm all for this.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic