Play Now Login Create Account
illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The Code

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Mafro View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Mafro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Code
    Posted: 13 Sep 2019 at 21:52
The following is a code of conduct designed to encourage fun, fair, and friendly contests of strength, strategy, and diplomacy amongst Illyrians. Adopting it is to enter an ongoing tournament of sorts where, with limited risk,  prizes of gold and titles of honour may be won!

The Code is entirely optional, applies only to interactions between those who have willingly adopted it, and in no way restricts the gameplay of those who have not. Enjoy!

~Mafro

THE CODE

Preamble
To encourage friendly and fair contests of strength among all willing Illyrians, we, the honour-bound Adherents to The Code, put forth the following code of conduct for the consideration of all.

Articles
1. Friendly War. I may, at times, seek out friendly conflict with other Adherents to The Code. It shall be understood by all parties that such a conflict carries with it no anger, hostility, or ill will, and therefore may be deemed a "friendly war".
2. Public War Declarations. I shall publicly declare a friendly war prior to any military action by having a war declaration thread created on the forums proclaiming that this conflict is to be carried out under The Code, with a link to this post. This declaration will include a link to my profile followed by my current population, as well as a link to the profile of my opponent followed by my opponent's current population.
3. Fair Targets Only. I shall only declare a friendly war against another Adherent who has a population no less than half my own population, whose growth charts show activity within the past week, and who is not currently engaged in a similar war, said war having been previously and publicly declared.
4. Joining Existing Conflicts. I shall only join an existing conflict if my population plus those on whose side I would join would not be more than twice the population of the opposing side (unless I am doing so to defend a vassal of mine who has been aggressed against, in which case any population restrictions may be ignored), and only upon receiving a written request by the primary participant (being the active participant with the earliest join date) on whose side I would join. Furthermore, I shall have notice of my joining the conflict posted within its war declaration thread prior to taking any military action, and shall include in that post the written request to join it, the name of the requestor, and a link to my profile followed by my current population.
5. Yielding & Tribute. I shall cease all hostilities against an opponent if I am shown proof that a payment in gold equal to 100 times that opponent's initial population (as captured in the war declaration thread), hereafter known as tribute, has been sent towards the primary participant on my side. This will serve as an offer to yield, which I shall automatically accept. If I am the yielding player, I shall have notice of this action posted on the war declaration thread, which will serve as proof I have yielded, and end my participation in that conflict for no less than three months.
6. Peace & Right of Vassalage. Upon having accepted an opponent's yield in a friendly war, I pledge not to attack them or join in a conflict against them for a period of no less than three months. Furthermore, I shall accept their Right of Vassalage, should they choose to claim it, in which case I shall pledge to protect them from any who would aggress against them for a period of no less than three months and shall add their name to a "Vassals" section within my profile. If it is I who am claiming Right of Vassalage, then I shall have that claim stated in my yield notice on the war declaration thread and during the time it is in effect I shall add "Liege: " followed by the name of the primary opponent, to whom I have yielded, near the top of my profile.
7. Lieges & Vassals. I recognize that any two players may agree to adopt a liege/vassal relationship at any time, provided that a vassal may have only one liege, and that the liege is to protect the vassal, the vassal to faithfully support the liege and have notice of this relationship posted in this thread with a link to both profiles, and for both players' profiles to be updated to publicly proclaim that relationship. Furthermore, I understand that any change in this relationship must be proclaimed by a post in this thread by the initiator of that change, and reflected in the profiles of both players at the first opportunity.
8. Adoption by Alliances. I understand that The Code is not limited to individuals, but may be adopted by alliances. In the event an alliance adopts The Code, its profile page is to be used in place of a player's profile page, its leader is to be treated as the point of contact for purposes of tribute and yielding, its current member list along with their populations (as taken from the Alliance Members page) is to be posted in the war declaration thread, and the combined population of its members is to be used for determining the fairness of a target as well as the amount of tribute the alliance must pay should it wish to yield. If individual players leave an alliance during war, they may be considered part of the conflict until they pay their individual tribute, represented by their population in the war declaration thread.
9. Ceasing Hostilities Without Tribute. I understand that I may release an agreeable opponent from conflict at any time, for any reason, without receiving tribute, and will have notice posted thereof on the war declaration thread.
10. Titles of Honour: I shall recognize those who follow The Code and honour them by a title related to their number of vassals, including in this number any and all sub-vassals, which may be taken from any culture as long as it is roughly equivalent to the following:
Sir: no vassals
Lord/Lady: 1 vassal
Baron/Baroness: 3 vassals
Count/Countess: 7 vassals
Duke/Duchess: 15 vassals
Petty King/Petty Queen: 50 vassals
King/Queen: 100 vassals
High King/High Queen: 250 vassals
11. Proclaiming & Suspending Adherence. I shall publicly proclaim my adherence to The Code by having notice posted thereof to this thread with a link to my profile, and at the top of my profile shall write "Adherent to The Code: " followed by a link back to this thread. Furthermore, should I ever choose to suspend adherence to The Code, I shall post notice thereof in this same thread and change the wording on my profile to "Adherent to The Code (Suspended)". Lastly, I shall not declare a friendly war within 24 hours of proclaiming or resuming my adherence to The Code, that others may have due notice.
Mafro View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mafro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2019 at 22:02
I, Mafro, hereby declare myself an Adherent to The Code! Big smile
Bill_Cipher View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill_Cipher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2019 at 23:01
I, BillCipher, hereby declare myself an Adherent to The Code!
Let fate chase you not me
zolvon View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zolvon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2019 at 12:29
Hmmm... you would have to wonder about a BillCipher type being adherent to the 'Code', being so dug into his warren holes?
Bill_Cipher View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill_Cipher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2019 at 07:03
Go back to being inactive Zolvon
Let fate chase you not me
abstractdream View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abstractdream Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2019 at 15:13
This is a really cool idea. It deserves some traction.
Bonfyr Verboo
Antivirus View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Antivirus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2019 at 07:10
I, Antivirus, do hereby yield to the code, only.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic