illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Refining Sov

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
BrianN View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrianN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Refining Sov
    Posted: 12 Sep 2019 at 06:59
So, yeah, ive read the other guides and it explains sov in a concrete sense, but not how to perfect it in a real world sense.  Yes i know it depends but I just need to be pointed in the right direction, Im doing this while half asleep so if u need clarification feel free to ask.
As I see it, sov is made up of several different resource flows:
Gold..call it A
Resources...Bw/Bc/Bi/Bs/Bf
Research...C
These are effected by
Tax...D
claimed Sov...E
Sov buildings...Fr(resource boosters)/Fp(production boosters)/Ft(troop boosters)
Population...G

So in my situation im trying to achieve
A and Ft as high as possible, B at or above 0 (must have), C at 0 or close below 0 (depending on city, must have) while not sacrificing G.
Bw/Bc/Bi/Bs are mostly so much in the green as to be useless with C running out and Bf a major negative.
My problem is that Im horribly low on Bf because of bad placement especially and C so I have dedicated about half of my E to Frf.  Ive already done all the basics for ABC but need to maximize productivity.

Where should I set the flows on the equalizer to maximize A and Ft and keep B and C above 0?  While under the stipulations of D being modified 1x or less per day, increasing E is a massive pain, and increasing F can take days.
Will decreasing Frf and the corresponding E end up increasing Bf because of less stress on A and C?
Is the idea to sacrifice A by lowering D to where B and C are unencumbered; when does this devolve into monster levels of negative A?
DeathDealer89 View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote DeathDealer89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2019 at 22:25
Open excel input the appropriate formulas and/or download one of the existing ones.
Input your city's info and the info for surrounding terrain
Optimize for whatever combination of parameters you think are best.

All gold, and import food people have done it.  All food and import gold people have done it.  Balanced approach to try and stay green people have done it.  But no one would be able to just up and tell you what the best tax rate and sov claims are for an unknown playstyle. 
BrianN View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrianN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2019 at 23:37
Sometimes an obvious answer is the right one....I do that stuff with everything else...do u happen to know somewhere that has said formulas?
Kimmyeo View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimmyeo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2019 at 03:45
I think the answer to your question is different for everyone because it all boils down to your city placement, bonuses available, food available, the buildings in your town and your own personal comfort level with being red on something. There is no way around it, if you build a lot of gold burning troops or diplo units. You will be negative on gold and research points. When I have a large number of troops in my towns, I have the tax up as high as I can, they are all a minimum of 60%. I am not comfortable with going negative on food, so I try to never have negative food production. That's me. I am willing to burn more gold than run out of food. I have known players to run negative gold up to the hundreds of thousands per hour in their cities. I hope that helps.
Kimmyeo View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimmyeo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2019 at 03:46
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic