illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The Horror Has Stirred (May-2019)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112>
Author
Hopper View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2021 at 07:11
New moon is on.

No sign of activity here, as yet.

aka ibn(whatever), or computer science developers…
Hopper View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2021 at 07:38
Waxing crescent...

I guess I can cancel any disposition set to progress and solve the mystery.

Has anybody noticed any rational for this situation?
Hopper View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2021 at 17:12
Full  moon…

No sign of activity.

• Did we miss a feature triggering the evasion of tentacles during the previous episodes?
  • Was it hand managed by the devs?
  • Is the algorithm broken?

Any idea, anubody?
Hopper View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2021 at 18:20
Full moon is over.

Nobody mentioned any activity.

My opinion is that we should consider the topic as closed, and stop trying to solve the riddle.
One more fool's errand!

Illy devs have already shown their ability to launch tracks, and not implement. Disappointing!

DeliciousJosh View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeliciousJosh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2021 at 18:27
I need proof that this is solvable. Devs could solve it and put up champion armor for 10billion in centrum juat to prove its doable.
Otherwise I agree with Hopper. Case closed.

PublicRelations
HumanResources
Hopper View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2021 at 15:36
Oldwolf told me about an exchange on GC about HoD:
Owning elementals (won from an old tourney) and garrisoning them in the city keeping the corrupt tentacles could be a condition in order to trigger the step of escape.

Has any vet or seasoned player any information about this?
Wartow View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wartow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2021 at 23:06
I am not under the impression that elementals do anything for or against this mystery.  

I am under the impression that it is a huge waste of time given the number of players required to build up and activate Audrey and the lack of feedback when you have the tentacles that do not escape.

It is also frustrating that the Old Crone won't visit certain cities any longer...  
Wartow View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wartow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2022 at 19:23
I still can't get the Old Crone to show up.  Has anyone else had success in 2022?

FYI.  On Jan-20 2022 FIFTY SIX new squares were corrupted.  At this point only the three temples await their corruption and I suspect the New Moon phase that is near will trigger the awakening. 

How do FIFTY SIX new squares get corrupted at a single time?  I don't think it is anything that a single player can do and I'm not aware of any massive efforts in which another alliance dumped that quantity of troops into the quest.

Let the conspiracy theories commence.
Rill View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General
Player Council - Geographer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2022 at 21:35
The developers are Up To Something.
Hopper View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2022 at 10:17
Something is obviously brewing up!

No success from any of two accounts with the third message of the old crone to send to Duraz Karag (while I did get in each the message "I'll come back to you...".

Other cue: on Saturday/Sunday the world map datafile again had wrong coords for the 8 FT pos. (It is back to correct, this Monday 31st.)

The corrupt places did appear suddenly: I didn't see any massive incoming these last weeks (I've set a city North of HoD, and keep sending herbalists, skinners across the place, and armies killing critters).

I'll brace up in order to try and keep my tentacles in store, even if it's rather inconvenient during the winter tourney.

I'm considering occupying one of the temples with an army, just for the test.
Any advice, experience are welcome!

Hopper on the Forum, players nicknames: Ada, IbnBattuta

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112>
  Share Topic