illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

What is fair?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Corwin View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Corwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What is fair?
    Posted: 11 Mar 2019 at 08:25
Due to circumstances in rl I stopped logging in on my illy accounts mid november 2018. I returned a few days ago and noticed I had only 2 cities left of 12. I didn't expect to see my account intact on my return, but it bothers me to see how the scavengers had jumped on my towns. There are a few things about the sieges that annoy me:

• Sieges landed only a month after I left.
  • There has been no effort to contact me by igm to see wheter I was inactive.
  • Sieges were send by an alliance with whom my alliance had a NAP
  • My very own alliance 'mates' made no effort to prevent any of this
I know I can't turn it back and it isn't the end of the world, but I would like to hear how others think about this matter. What would be a right amount of time to wait to siege? Am I wrong to feel annoyed about the matter?

Maybe I should note that those towns were up to 9 years old, with lots of 130+ level commanders, special units gained through tournaments and a bulk of special resources for crafting. 

Note that I didn't expect my towns to be untouched, the way it happened seems unfair in my opinion.
Dungshoveleux View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dungshoveleux Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2019 at 09:28
did you leave a sitter?
smilee View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smilee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2019 at 11:40
If you disappear that long you're flat outta luck.

Why nobody helped you is something only your alliance mates can answer you, but I'd say you just found out who your friends are (and who aren't).

Wartow View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wartow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2019 at 13:25
Welcome back Corwin!  I'm sure the members of SkB would be willing to help you get back up on your feet.  Drop me a note if you are looking for a new home.
rajput View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rajput Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2019 at 20:08
Oh man! that's on your alliance... They should have made effort to defend your holdings till your account get marked inactive. 

Warning! Author of this post has weird sense of humor...
SirBradly View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SirBradly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2019 at 22:23
So you didnt have 5 min of time and an internet connection to log on during those 4 months away to set a sitter?

Maybe your alliance mates were annoyed you left them without the courtesy of an explanation.

Either way I don't think what happened to you was unfair in any way.

Nonetheless, welcome back

SB
Greywolf View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greywolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2019 at 01:38
In the three years I've been here, I've always had the impression that it wasn't cool to siege a town that wasn't officially abandoned. Things were busy for a while and I only logged in often enough to keep my account from being auto-abandoned. I wasn't expecting to be scavenged. Last time I logged in my capital from my main account was taken and my two biggest cities under siege. I IGM'd the siegers and they were good about backing off but it was in a nick of time. It came as a surprise to me that people were actually checking growth charts and scavenging if they thought you weren't active enough. That being said, it is what it is. I snooze, I lose. One thing I think Illy has in common with the real world is that you own nothing that you can't defend. Lesson learned.
OssianII View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OssianII Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2019 at 15:33
Welcome back Corwin. Smile
“If anyone was to ask for my opinion, which I note they’re not, I’d say we were taking the long way around.”
Gimli son of Gloin.
General Lacesso View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote General Lacesso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2019 at 02:09
Welcome back Corwin. The only thing about your situation I would find 'unfair' is that there was no contact to see if your towns were freely up for grabs. Even so, four months is four months, surprised you still had two towns left. So is it fair, yes. Is it kind of a jerk move, maybe.

Edited by General Lacesso - 13 Mar 2019 at 02:10
Bill_Cipher View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill_Cipher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2019 at 03:14
Nonetheless, Welcome back Corwin.

My 2 cents. I think your alliance should of done more to keep your account and towns protected.

You should of had a sitter.

On the other hand you were gone for four months people are going to assume you left and take advantage of your stuff while they can and while you are gone

Let fate chase you not me
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic