illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Alligator Entrails

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Hucbold View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hucbold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Alligator Entrails
    Posted: 24 Jan 2019 at 09:30
Alligators are hard to find - I think the swamp in Wolgast is the only source. They occur in very small groups - 10 would be a big group. They drop skulls quite freely but entrails hardly at all. Only 12 have ever been traded and only 1 is currently for sale at nearly 8m gold. However 8 are required for a single 'shard of putrescence'. Could I suggest that spawn rates for Alligators and drop rates for their entrails need to be reviewed? Maybe add a second location? Or have I missed something?
Wartow View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wartow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2019 at 16:54
Bobtron's jungle white albino tiger has been eating them all.
KarL Aegis View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KarL Aegis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2019 at 17:07
Kill everything that isn't an alligator. There's some in Chulbran.
I am not amused.
Hucbold View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hucbold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2019 at 11:21
Saurian Entrails and Mammoth Hearts seem to have the same problem - I havn't seen ANY of either yet.
Tensmoor View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tensmoor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2019 at 14:53
Originally posted by Hucbold Hucbold wrote:

Saurian Entrails and Mammoth Hearts seem to have the same problem - I havn't seen ANY of either yet.

I have got some (not many though) of both of those Huc so they do get dropped.

Edited by Tensmoor - 25 Jan 2019 at 14:55
Hucbold View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hucbold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2019 at 23:12
Excellent, as always, Tens! Thanks for that.
Prometheus View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Prometheus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2019 at 21:08
I second this suggestion.

Devs - please review. You have worked hard to make the new Spells available, which is great BUT...
Shard of Putrescence is punitively difficult to achieve. 

Shard of Putrescence needs 8 whole alligator entrails - which is pretty much all of them on the market today, due to the remarkable rarity of alligators AND the infrequency of them being dropped you have effectively done all this work for nothing.

I am working hard at getting the anatomies required for the other shards - which are hard enough as it is... but these Alligator Entrails are making the whole exercise rather pointless.

Please - change the number required AND increase the frequency of Alligators across the map.
Tensmoor View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tensmoor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2019 at 21:15
They did say that they were going to be monitoring and tweaking both the scarcity of each NPC and the drop rates Prometheus. Post like yours are excellent at prompting them to do so. :)
Prometheus View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Prometheus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2019 at 21:21
Lets hope so - before when anatomies were only used to craft weapons it was different. Now that certain items are required for these new spells it would be a shame if nobody could use them because some items are so hard to find. 

I could understand if only 1 entrail were needed for this shard - but 8!  forget it.
Jarant View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jarant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2019 at 23:23
Hucbold maybe I was lucky but I got 12 Mammoth hearts from a kill. So I guess it is possible. I send less troops maybe that is the key?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic