illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Day Night Cycle Times

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Fezz View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fezz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Day Night Cycle Times
    Posted: 11 Oct 2018 at 03:34
Heya Illyrians im trying to get the exact time of "Night" and "Day"
Ive seen multiple answers and with the new gear id like to know for certain what the times are.

I remember an old post that mentioned 7pm to 7am for night, but I can't find it, and im seeing 6pm in GC. So if you know thanks for the reply :)
GM Cerberus View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Creativity & Community Czar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GM Cerberus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2018 at 07:03
Hey there Fezz! Great question.

Illyriad's Day/Night cycle runs on the 7s, so Day is 7am - 7pm, night 7pm - 7am.

Regards,

GM Cerberus
Wartow View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wartow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2018 at 15:20

GM Smurfs: Can there be a difference in day or night length related to the current season?  I know the current definition of day and night is 12-hr regardless of season.

Tensmoor Part 1: Is there a way that day/night status could be identified like the seasons and moon phases above? 

Tensmoor Part 2:  Could Durc Tools include landing time for armies with day or night indicated?

Community Question: What are the applications of these new day/night bonuses?  Sitting armies would not want these bonuses and they are penalties for half of each day.  I guess the landing/hitting time would be main benefit of clearing or hunting armies?
eowan the short View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eowan the short Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2018 at 16:55
Also, equipping elite defensive units to be hit by an incoming hostile army
This is the thread that never ends, yes it goes on and on my friend. Some person started it, not knowing what it was, and we'll continue posting on it forever just because...
Mr. Ubiquitous Feral View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Ubiquitous Feral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2018 at 18:05
sounds like thinking to me. you guys get on it.
I am a Machine.
Wartow View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wartow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2018 at 18:28
Originally posted by eowan the short eowan the short wrote:

Also, equipping elite defensive units to be hit by an incoming hostile army

Most people won't update their standing army every 12 hours to switch day/night gear.  Perhaps for PvP but far less likely when NPCs (Shadow Mages) attack.  The wise choice would be to take the 24/7 bonuses even if they are smaller.

Originally posted by Mr. Ubiquitous Feral Mr. Ubiquitous Feral wrote:

sounds like thinking to me. you guys get on it.

The above quote concurs with my statement.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic