Play Now Login Create Account
illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

IllyStuff

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
eowan the short View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eowan the short Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2021 at 03:37
Always interested in data
This is the thread that never ends, yes it goes on and on my friend. Some person started it, not knowing what it was, and we'll continue posting on it forever just because...
Tensmoor View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Tensmoor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2021 at 00:48
New menu entry: Account Search
Added the Account Search page to the menu. This allows you to search for historical accounts as well as current players. Even after a player has left the game and all their towns are gone their profile page still exists. This tool lets you find and view those pages. Note that you need to be logged in to illy for this page to be able to retrieve and display the page.

This should now be fully up to date and (if I got it right) will also update each day after the datafiles have updated.

tens
Tensmoor View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tensmoor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2021 at 10:49
Update/Bugfix: Custom Map

The biome and Combat Terrains options in the Custom Map tool on IllyStuff is now working again. Note that the data for all of the overlays are stored as bitmap images that are 'full size' for Illy (2001 x 4301). This means that they can actually show an individual tile but at the same time are fairly large and this means the page takes a bit of time to load all the images at the start. The Rare Terrains option doesn't work and will probably never work - these are mostly single buildings which means they would be single pixels at 100% zoom so would be almost impossible to see anyway.

If anyone has any (reasonable) need for their own copy of a particular overlay please let me know and I'll get them listed somewhere when I can.

https://illystuff.uk/icm/index.html

Tensmoor View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tensmoor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2021 at 17:47
Pathfinding experiments

Made a couple of minor changes to the public page for my experiments with pathfinding using the world map in Illy. It now gives 3 different distances for the requested path:
  • Straight Line - a simple hypotenuse calculation between the start and end points.
  • Path Length - the actual length of the calculated path.
  • Weighted Length - the same as the Path Length but with the weight of each tile applied.
Please note that at present the code cannot handle long paths and if you ask it to do one that is too big then it will simply ignore you (hey I'm used to my code ignoring me!).

Currently I'm working on creating a network of pre-defined paths which should then allow the calculation of paths from one corner of the map to the other.

Feel free to have a play around and post any suggestions.

Tens
Tensmoor View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tensmoor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2021 at 08:42
IllyStuff downtime

IllyStuff may be unavailable for approx an hour from 09:00 GMT on 25 Nov 2021 while I (attempt?) some maintenance and upgrades. I'll post again when it is back up and running fully.

Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Tens
Tensmoor View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tensmoor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2021 at 10:16
Originally posted by Tensmoor Tensmoor wrote:

IllyStuff downtime

IllyStuff may be unavailable for approx an hour from 09:00 GMT on 25 Nov 2021 while I (attempt?) some maintenance and upgrades. I'll post again when it is back up and running fully.

Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Tens

Should be back up and running now. Upgrade failed so have restored everything back to the previous state. Off to go do some very complex reading on OS Upgrading...

Tens
Tensmoor View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tensmoor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2022 at 08:53
The current situation in the UK means I'm having to do some major re-thinking on all aspects of my budgeting (50% increase in energy bills and 10% increase in rent plus food prices rising by up to 40% with a 3% increase in income).

One of the few things I can cut back on is the money I spend on things like hosting of various websites etc. While this doesn't mean I'm closing DurcTools or IllyStuff I do need to look at ways to reduce the costs. To help me make a decision on what to cut back on/remove I'd really appreciate it if folks could let me know what parts of IllyStuff/Durctools you think are not really of any use/won't be missed.

Tens
Tensmoor View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tensmoor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2022 at 13:11
Faction Action

With the upcoming changes to factions I'm wondering if there would be any interest in re-activating the Faction Action page? I'd need to write something to allow easy reporting of any sightings of faction troops and also update the UI to allow filtering of what factions to display.

With the current setup it allows you to see where a faction has been seen and an idea of how far from each of their hubs they tend to operate (that part is a it buggy) however it is difficult to see what radius is refering to a given hub. The sightings data is also several years old so is probably not that much use anymore.

Perhaps the new GM can manage to get another data feed set up for Faction encampments?

Tens
Tensmoor View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tensmoor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2022 at 22:57
World Map File Search - Update

I've fixed the glitch that didn't display the results of a valid search if there were no matches.
Still working on the bigger issue of invalid searches (either missing comparison type or parameter). Trying to remember how I did stuff that long ago is pretty difficult. I'll keep plugging away and will eventually get there.

Tens
Tensmoor View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tensmoor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2022 at 08:28
Abandoned Accounts page - Not working(ish)

Got informed yesterday by forum PM that some folks had said in GC that this wasn't working so I've had a look and there is good news and bad news...

Good News: As far as I can tell all the code for loading and displaying this page is working fine!

Bad News: Seems that for some time there has several issues with the daily scripts that update the various database tables from the dev provided datafiles. Tables relating to players, towns and alliances are all affected.

Currently i've got no idea how this happened or how long it will take me to fix but I am working on trying to relearn how I set it all up and what needs changing to fix it.

In the meantime please stay safe, healthy and happy wherever you are in the galaxy/spacetime Smile

Tens
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567>
  Share Topic