Play Now Login Create Account
illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

IllyStuff

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Tensmoor View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tensmoor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: IllyStuff
    Posted: 28 Dec 2022 at 07:35
World Map File Search Bug Fix

Fixed(?) the bug where if you tried searching on either the coords or GEOID the tool crashed. This was due to a completely stupid mistake on my part when I added the ability to filter by adjacent tiles cbt terrains.

Please note that there are still limitations on the neighbours search in that if you try searching too large an area it will crash the tool giving you no results. I'm still trying to fix that.

Please let me know if you find any errors/glitches - if folks don't tell me something is broke then it won't get fixed!

Tens

Edited by Tensmoor - 28 Dec 2022 at 07:37
DranZail Gildenfyre View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote DranZail Gildenfyre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2022 at 18:50
First let us address the servings and cost- 16 1/2 cup servings as a side, as far as budget friendly, this dish(my version) is far from budget friendly. This dish set me back a bit(about $6 per 8oz block of cheese which I only used 4 kinds instead of the typically 6-8), and second- you sir did exactly what I want my viewers to do, make things their own. Experiment and improve is my motto. By adding all those delicious ingredients you have turned a side into a main dish which is to be another episode. I will also be doing an episode dealing with leftover chicken and using that to make a chicken pot pie on top of other budget friendly meals.
Well brother smoking a pork shoulder, testing before I attempt it for show, take care and Nad sends love 

Tensmoor View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tensmoor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2022 at 08:39
Originally posted by DranZail Gildenfyre DranZail Gildenfyre wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCc2xmVXCHUVHwp9rWgKirQ
The video will premier on 8/8, I hope it is to your liking sir. What I say at the end I sincerely mean.

Just watched it Dran - it looks really great Smile I do have to question one bit though - 16 servings? I'd eat that in about 3 maybe 4 all on my own Embarrassed
The current economic climate has me doing loads of reading/studying on ways I can reduce costs and I've found a really cheap way of getting my mac'n'cheese fix is to use a stoe bought bechamel that doesn't need the pasta cooked beforehand. I add loads of bacon bits, chopped up broccolli, sweetcorn and extra grated cheese to it before pouring it over the pasta. If I've got any cooked chicked about I'll sometimes add that instead of the bacon. 25mins uncovered then add that vital grated cheese topping before baking for a final 20mins.
With all the extra bits I add in I reckon I add about 25% extra volume which helps make it go a bit further. I normally get about 4 servings from this (it freezes really well).
One of the issues I have with a lot of recipes is they seldom take info account the cost of the cooking and an oven is certainly one of the most expensive things to use but for a lot of stuff it is the only way (that I've found so far). I did recently invest in a tabletop halogen oven though (£45 including all taxes & delivery) that helps reduce that though - under a minute from cold to cooking temp and it's fan assisted so reduces the temp/time needed as well. Cooking it like this costs me about £1.50 so something I can afford whenever I've got the bits.

Got to go now as it's time to go harvest some of the wild cherries right outside my door - hugs to you and Nad.
Stay safe, healthy and happy!

Edited by Tensmoor - 08 Aug 2022 at 08:41
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote DranZail Gildenfyre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2022 at 07:19
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCc2xmVXCHUVHwp9rWgKirQ
The video will premier on 8/8, I hope it is to your liking sir. What I say at the end I sincerely mean.
Tensmoor View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tensmoor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2022 at 09:57
Originally posted by DranZail Gildenfyre DranZail Gildenfyre wrote:

I have a problem I want to report sir....
I come back to Illy and you are not there!
Nad say hi and sends her love to you and this is your official notification I will be dropping a new vid on my channel with a dish dedicated to you.

Big smileLOL Give Nad my love and I'll look forward to the video and recipe!
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote DranZail Gildenfyre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2022 at 16:30
I have a problem I want to report sir....
I come back to Illy and you are not there!
Nad say hi and sends her love to you and this is your official notification I will be dropping a new vid on my channel with a dish dedicated to you.
Tensmoor View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tensmoor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2022 at 13:49
Menu Update

Added the Faction Ranges and Relationships pages to the menu plus a couple of minor tweaks.
Tensmoor View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Tensmoor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2022 at 21:13
Originally posted by eowan the short eowan the short wrote:

Honestly, I'd argue the best way to handle pathfinding is...well... to not handle pathfinding.

Instead, give players the option of choosing 'roads' themselves from a map screen showing each road. If it's not the most efficient route, ah well, not the devs' problem.

This gives the functionality people seem to want the most (roads) though does mean that terrain's not going to have a role to play. Perhaps that functionality could be added down the road, but it's not as important. 

One point that folks may not be taking into account when saying they want pathfinding is that it will make it impossible to track diplos etc. Currently with everything being 'straight line' you can make a pretty accurate estimate of where they came from (as long as you see them on the map) but with a non-straightline path they could start the return journey in any direction and it will change all along the way.

Another is that of timing sieges etc. suddenly you will need to have the routes for all armies calculated beforehand in order to work out when each should be sent.

Like everything in life there are always drawbacks to offset perceived bonuses. All in all though, trying to figure out pathfinding was a pretty fun exercise.
Tensmoor View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tensmoor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2022 at 21:04
Originally posted by Ordo Ordo wrote:

Pathfinding

GNU wants to bring some vids to SC and TC's attention

That video is a very basic implimentation of several pathfinding algorithms but is based on a very small grid. Scale it up to cover all of Illy (which it would need to) and suddenly you are looking at trying to find paths over much longer distances which means much greater computation needed which means a long delay between you saying where you want to go and getting a path. Now multiply that by the number of times a second that an army, caravan, diplo, npc moves in Illy and you start to see the problem with the fairly basic pathfinding methods.

If you want to see a much better interactive demo of pathfinding have a look at this:
It's a pathfinder covering Amsterdam and is pretty damn fast. There are also other cities you can load data for.

Alternatively or there is the version I did using the same library at: https://illystuff.uk/pathfinderDemo/ but it only covers the map from 1000 down to 0 in the Y direction (X is from -1000 to 1000). Some day i might get round to finishing generating all the intermediate grid points and pre-computing the paths between them.

Last time I spoke with SC about pathfinding they were still looking at lots of different methods but that was a little while ago.

Tens
eowan the short View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eowan the short Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2022 at 20:29
Honestly, I'd argue the best way to handle pathfinding is...well... to not handle pathfinding.

Instead, give players the option of choosing 'roads' themselves from a map screen showing each road. If it's not the most efficient route, ah well, not the devs' problem.

This gives the functionality people seem to want the most (roads) though does mean that terrain's not going to have a role to play. Perhaps that functionality could be added down the road, but it's not as important. 
This is the thread that never ends, yes it goes on and on my friend. Some person started it, not knowing what it was, and we'll continue posting on it forever just because...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
  Share Topic