illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Heart of corruption

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
zap View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Heart of corruption
    Posted: 20 Apr 2018 at 03:39
several days ago many in gc where discussing how many units it would take to get the heart to grow another tentacle. since then I sent 50k units (all T1 scouts).at the start there were 18 corupted tentacles after 30k of the scouts arrived I have counted 19 corrupted tentacles.
Just here
Ten Kulch View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ten Kulch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2018 at 03:41
But how much had Audrey eaten beforehand?

Didn't someone publish a study of feeding the HoC on this forum?
Check out my blog, Warmongering in Illyriad for self-defense techniques, military city construction, and PvP strategies.
zap View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2018 at 03:42
I just started this one no idea who has sent what
Just here
Alcie View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alcie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2018 at 05:13
Originally posted by Ten Kulch Ten Kulch wrote:

But how much had Audrey eaten beforehand?

Didn't someone publish a study of feeding the HoC on this forum?

First, great experiment Zap! We should do more.

Ten Kulch, There were various experiments but only partial conclusions which were not super specific. e.g. we know military units seem to work faster. Do all units definitely help when eaten? Is it gold per hour/experience worth which matters? If I recall, Audrey needs to eat more and more every additional square so that the first few after she goes to sleep are easy, but the last few are the hardest. I would not swear to that, but it is the impression a lot of people had.

The 30k scouts tests generally agrees with previous hypotheses that
1. Scouts are also good Audrey food
2. Somewhere in the realm of 50k experience worth of units (that number is definitely not close to precise) might be enough when Audrey is 'medium'

Given the developers penchant, my guess is that there is a semi-nice formula which depends on how many squares have already been corrupted. Since it usually takes months to wake Audrey up, and since waking her up usually takes lots of people but lots of people muddle up experiments, there haven't been all that many great experiments.

One of the most rigorous experiments (along with video evidence) is here: http://www.puzzleslogic.com/illy/home.html

That experiment shows around how many troops were needed for a couple specific squares, so give a decent starting point. A few other similar experiments might be enough to figure it all out completely. If anyone wants to try these experiments again, I think people would be interested in participating. Though... maybe not immediately since we just had the announcement of a new Kodabear-and-friends tournament to look forward to.

zap View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2018 at 00:43
the last 20k scouts have arrived at the heart and no more change. So first 30k got another corrupted tentacle but next 20k did nothing . Will send another 50k to see what happens. If I had estimates about how many sent before I did would be much more controlled.
Just here
Wartow View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wartow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2018 at 21:26
I have been sending charioteers, but usually less than 1k at a time.  Do the little hits count for nothing?  Or is it an accumulation of all hits?
Ten Kulch View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ten Kulch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2018 at 21:27
Originally posted by Wartow Wartow wrote:

I have been sending charioteers, but usually less than 1k at a time.  Do the little hits count for nothing?  Or is it an accumulation of all hits?

Nobody knows for sure.

Perhaps, like LSoH, you have to feed Audrey ever-increasing amounts.
Check out my blog, Warmongering in Illyriad for self-defense techniques, military city construction, and PvP strategies.
zap View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2018 at 21:32
I am thinking its an accumulation of hits. I will be sending another 50k sometime today. Try to get another tentacle to show. But it takes my units 4 days to arrive. But if another tentacle does grow ,will be getting closer to figuring out how many it does take. Right now I am thinking about 25-30k units gets some growth.
Just here
Ten Kulch View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ten Kulch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2018 at 23:40
Then you are talking about 2M units to wake Audrey. That seems like a lot.
Almost Balanced View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Almost Balanced Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2018 at 08:47
Audrey is troll.
Do not feed trolls.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
  Share Topic