Play Now Login Create Account
illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

DurcTools

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1415161718 21>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Tensmoor View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tensmoor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2021 at 19:40
Exporting of data stored on your device by DurcTools

As part of trying to fix some bugs in durctools I'm creating the ability to export the data that the tools store on your device to csv files which you will also be able to read back into the tools. This is needed as there is a possibility that the bug fixes may need you to clear some or all of the stored data.

I'm writing the export part of this in stages starting with the inventories followed by the troop numbers. Each of these will be tested by volunteers before they go live for general use.

A bonus of this is that the csv files can also be shared as you see fit (for example sharing your town inventories with your alliance quartermaster or sending your troop numbers to your alliances military planning team).

I'm happy that the code for town and hub inventories are now stable and will be pushing that part out for general use later today. When it is ready I'll publish destructions on how to use it in this thread.

Tens
Tensmoor View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tensmoor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2021 at 20:16
Exporting inventories to CSV files

This is now live. To use it you should first make sure to visit the inventory (and sub-inventory) pages for the towns/hubs you want to export the data for. If you don't then the data will be out of date/inaccurate.

How to do it
  1. Open the Data Manager tool
  2. In the left column click on the entry for the inventory you want to export (hovering over the entries in the Town Data section will display the name of the town). Town inventories end with :inv while the hub inventories are found in the Player Data section and end with :hubs.
  3. Click on the Export button at the top of the tool (this is only enabled if you have clicked on an inventory.
  4. depending on your OS & browser settings you may now be asked to supply a filename and location to save the csv file(s). If you are exporting the hub inventories then you will be asked this for each hub that you have inventory information for including the All Hubs option.
That's it. You should now have a csv file on your device named for the town/hub inventory. You can send them to others, display/use them in spreadsheets etc but it is strongly recommended that you do not edit them. Remember the primary purpose for this is to serve as a backup incase your durctools data gets corrupted.

Tens
Tensmoor View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tensmoor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2021 at 15:21
Bug Fix - Error in stored adv res data
Fixed the bug that was incorrectly assigning data to resources in the adv res section - absolutely idiotic coding bug on my part so deepest apologies and yes I shall be given a public flogging with a soggy lettuce!

Next time you log in (after 14:15 19th May 2019) you'll have the updated code or you can do CTRL + F5 to reload everything without using the cache.

To correct the data simply view your town map and then scroll through all your towns.

Tens
GM Stormcrow View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
GM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GM Stormcrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2021 at 12:00
Originally posted by Tensmoor Tensmoor wrote:

I shall be given a public flogging with a soggy lettuce!
Shocked

Pics, or it never happened!
Tensmoor View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tensmoor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2021 at 14:29
Unfortunately I don't have access to a high enough resolution camera - all that showed up was my long hair and beard floating in min-air Embarrassed
MacheteV97 View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MacheteV97 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2022 at 23:43
Hello guys,
 I have an idea about a quest Userscript.
Basically, what I am thinking about, is gonna be a pop-up window with information about the quests you have waiting for you!
Info like, the tier of scouts and the how many of them you need to send in order to complete each part, the rewards ect.
The only problem about this project, is that I have no idea about how to do it!
I enjoy writing codes but I need some guidance.
If anyone is also interested and has the time to help me, I would like to be a part of other projects too!
Once orc, always orc!

Tensmoor View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Tensmoor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2022 at 11:24
Originally posted by MacheteV97 MacheteV97 wrote:

Hello guys,
 I have an idea about a quest Userscript.
Basically, what I am thinking about, is gonna be a pop-up window with information about the quests you have waiting for you!
Info like, the tier of scouts and the how many of them you need to send in order to complete each part, the rewards ect.
The only problem about this project, is that I have no idea about how to do it!
I enjoy writing codes but I need some guidance.
If anyone is also interested and has the time to help me, I would like to be a part of other projects too!

The first thing I'd do is work out how you are going to be able to gather the info you need. Whilst there is info on all the different quests that are possible bear in mind that some of them are race specific. I don't know if the order in which they are offered is fixed or if there is a random element in it.
Once you have worked out what info you can gather you can then work out what actual things you will be able to do in the userscript.
When I started writing DurcTools I couldn't get the scripts to work correctly if loaded as a userscript. That's why I resorted to simply having the userscript load the javascript for the tools direct into the game from my server. Bear in mind that Illy loads and uses jQuery which means you can also make use of it.
Hope this helps get you started.
Tens
Tensmoor View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Tensmoor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2022 at 19:39
Forgotten bit of code now activated

I've been doing a bit of a tidy up on one of my servers and found a bit of code I meant to include in DurcTools but never actually did. It was written because I got fed up constantly having to check if I was producing in a building I was about to demolish so I could get a new section of research done (I did that a lot in all my towns). All it does is put a warning flag up next to the Demolish button when you go to a building summary page if it knows there is production queued in it. Obviously I can't test it myself now to make sure it still works but I think it should. Hope this is of help to some folks and if you find any errors let me know as much detail as possible and I'll try to have a look when I get a chance.

Tens

Tensmoor View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tensmoor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2022 at 07:12
Problem with SSL Certificate for all my userscripts

Just found out that there is an issue with the SSL certificates for the domain used to host all my userscripts. I'm working on getting this fixed ASAP and estimate I'll have it sorted later today.

Apologies for the inconvenience

Tens
kodabear View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General
Player Council - Astronomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote kodabear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2022 at 07:30
Its alright Tensmoor. I would of tried to tell you sooner but i didn't know what the best way to contact you
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1415161718 21>
  Share Topic