illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Exodus - spot change

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Dziewul View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dziewul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Exodus - spot change
    Posted: 21 Feb 2016 at 09:02
Hello,

First of all if someone already created such topic please forgive me I was looking for it but couldn't find.

So I have a problem with exodus. I wanted to move one of my cities with capital status so the Capital status goes back to my former Capital (which was moved recently). After moving that city I wanted to wait 5 days (exodus cooldown time) and go back to the original location as it was 7 food spot. That was my plan but...

I used exodus and the city was moved from 7 food to the 6 food spot which was right next to it. After 8 minutes it was done and after that the former 7 food spot changed into 7 wood spot Shocked. So my question is: is this normal that removing your city from 7 food spot changes the spot?? If this is some kind of bug where I can report it?

Dziewul

Rill View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General
Player Council - Geographer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2016 at 09:08
That is normal if the original location was terraformed OR if it is in the newb ring and is being prepared to be occupied by a future newb spawn.

For all those who were saying "spots don't revert after Exodus":  They do so!

Unfortunately for Dziewul.

By the way, there is really no reason to care which of your cities is your capital.  The only different it makes is for awarding the discoveries related to achieving 10 and 30 cities, and those are pretty minor.  So for anyone else thinking of doing the Exodus thing to change back your capital, it really is not worth it.
Dziewul View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dziewul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2016 at 09:19
Bah... It is in the newb ring and I've thought that this is important to have the proper capital city...

Seems like I have lost a lot of time just for nothing and lost 7 food spot Clap

But it is ok who doesn't make mistakes doesn't learn anything :-)
Rill View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General
Player Council - Geographer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2016 at 09:27
That's a great attitude, and I promise, it will turn out ok.  In a year, this will be a story you tell newbs to make them laugh.  Like the time I diplo'd myself to see what would happen and forgot to take down the rune ...
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic