illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Demonheart Mounts

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 8>
Author
Tensmoor View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tensmoor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2020 at 21:13
Originally posted by Wartow Wartow wrote:

Anyone have the following combination in one of their cities?

Level 20 paddock
Level 20 horse trainer
Level 20 runemaster

And in addition...

How many of Hearts of Darkness in the city?
How many mana crystals (all varieties)?  What is magic ranking?
Some of each shard and essence present in the city?
  • The crystals were released at the same time as the new horses.
My fear... you must have enough Hearts of Darkness to ascend to the top level of the current "event": https://elgea.illyriad.co.uk/#/World/Events  

Lupia is up top (Annihilator) with Ryklaw who has abandoned.  Did anyone taking a Ryklaw city notice the discovery?

Paddock, Horse Trainer & Runemaster all at lvl 20
338 HoDs in town - Queller of Kerberos III
At least one of each shard and essence in the town
6 of each Mana Crystals and Magic Ranking 455 (14,759,553)
No discovery and they have not silently been added to my production abilities.

Very unlikely that I will ever have the number of HoDs needed to get to Annihilator lvl so if that is what is needed I will retire from the chase.
Hopper View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2020 at 10:39
Lots of open questions there!

Was it effectively Ryklaw who got the ability?

If this was linked with some leadership in HoD/Kerberos challenge? (In which case Lupia might have some sttory to tell!)

Demons announced with the mana crystals: would sending some, with (racial?) mounts to Audrey send back Demon mounts as Melders? (Did Ryklaw was active in the last — very disapppointing — Audrey activity!)
Thor 2 View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor 2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2020 at 05:32
i am scouring illy and checking the devs pockets for info if i find out ill post
Lupia View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lupia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2021 at 13:52
Sadly no story to tell here, though I keep on gathering the hearts.  I have about 150k in storage now so 167k more to go to the next level...  I'll try out wartow's idea, knocking down cottages now.
Jejune View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jejune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2021 at 23:52
I think that Ryklaw is the player who unlocked the ability. It's just an educated guess, but based on his Kerberos ranking and the fact that he abandoned, I thin kit's pretty clear. There are still 4 Ryklaw cities under Ascn control. It's also possible that someone in Ascn already captured the city with the discovery.

Ascn, or someone in Ascn might very well have the city and its discovery. In my opinion, if only one player and city has ever achieved it, I think the owner of that player's cities should at least let the community know. Those cities are incredibly valuable -- perhaps the most valuable in the game -- and shoulld never get auto-deleted.

Wartow View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wartow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2021 at 18:41
I reviewed the growth charts for Ryklaw.  His build and trade scores are significantly higher than mine but the rest is comparable.  Lupia is also behind on trade scores but is closer to Ryklaw in build score than I am.  
Jejune View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jejune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2021 at 01:28
I think the only way to confirm if Ryklaw's Kerberos ranking is ultimately the thing that unlocks the discoveries is to crowdscourse HoDs into whoever is closest to achieving his rank and see if it unlocks the discovery. If we organized a multi-alliance effort to slay the Underworld and collect them into one pile of a person who is already close, we could probably find out quickly.

Who knows -- if the server went to war with the Tower, maybe we'd also unlock some other things?

Darifal View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darifal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2021 at 10:47
I killed throng size Underword units with two division fully equipped T2 cavalry.
Equipment:
  • 1+60+60 Dwarven Battle Mule
  • 1+60+60 Fiendish Lance
  • 1+60+60 Plate of the Void
  • Horse trainer lvl18
No discovery, no luck.
I thought that those Mules become Demonheart Battle Mules when everything else, what troops geared, was demonheart crafted :(
Darifal of Æsir
Rill View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General
Player Council - Geographer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2021 at 09:14
Is Ryklaw the one who engineered a city with one of each of the racial mounts? (By having it successively captured by players of different races and then completing crafting researches.)

Has anyone else tried this?
Solanar View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Solanar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2021 at 18:21
What I remember most about Ryklaw was that he had the Famine Management discovery in ALL of his cities, by chain capturing from his other account. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 8>
  Share Topic