illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

DB in the Coalition War

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
Author
abstractdream View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abstractdream Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2014 at 03:33
FYI: all IGMs are off limits for posting in the Illyriad Forum.
Bonfyr Verboo
Rill View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General
Player Council - Geographer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2014 at 04:02
Angrim seems to be the one who is mostly interested in prolonging this discussion, so I will leave it up to him.
Deranzin View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deranzin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2014 at 09:25
Originally posted by abstractdream abstractdream wrote:

I believe that holding a discussion over an IGM whose content is being commented upon, but is not presented is much worse in term of what that rule was meant to uphold and protect.

In the end of the day the content of the IGM belongs to Rill and she has every right to publish a content that she herself wrote.

So, if she really wants to clear any misunderstandings over the contents she should just post the text she wrote back then and shed light to the whole thing ... especially since she seems to be standing firm to the opinion she had back then I do not see how stating that opinion in a more clear way is "against the rules".

Originally posted by Rill Rill wrote:

Angrim seems to be the one who is mostly interested in prolonging this discussion, so I will leave it up to him.

Of the above it is obvious that only you can publish the IGM, since it is your opinion and your text and such an obligation/ability cannot be "bestowed" over to Angrim ...

Just like a "before and after" ad ! ahahahaah :p
Niccolò Machiavelli View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Niccolò Machiavelli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2014 at 12:27
Originally posted by Deranzin Deranzin wrote:

Originally posted by abstractdream abstractdream wrote:

I believe that holding a discussion over an IGM whose content is being commented upon, but is not presented is much worse in term of what that rule was meant to uphold and protect.

In the end of the day the content of the IGM belongs to Rill and she has every right to publish a content that she herself wrote.

So, if she really wants to clear any misunderstandings over the contents she should just post the text she wrote back then and shed light to the whole thing ... especially since she seems to be standing firm to the opinion she had back then I do not see how stating that opinion in a more clear way is "against the rules".

She could abide by the rules and refrain from posting the IGM to the forums. She could simply forward it to players that requested it, or; she could publish the message somewhere besides the forums. The rule just applies to sharing it within the forum.   
Originally posted by Illyriad Admin Illyriad Admin wrote:

"Forum Specific: Public posting of private messages between fellow players or players and Illyriad staff is prohibited".

Edited by Niccolò Machiavelli - 29 Mar 2014 at 12:30
Never was anything great achieved without danger. - Niccolo Machiavelli
Deranzin View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deranzin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2014 at 13:52
Originally posted by Niccolò Machiavelli Niccolò Machiavelli wrote:

She could abide by the rules and refrain from posting the IGM to the forums. She could simply forward it to players that requested it, or; she could publish the message somewhere besides the forums. The rule just applies to sharing it within the forum.   
Originally posted by Illyriad Admin Illyriad Admin wrote:

"Forum Specific: Public posting of private messages between fellow players or players and Illyriad staff is prohibited".

The rules are quite clear ... noone is asking from her to post the dialogue (the "between" part), but the IGM she herself wrote and sent ... that ALONE is not part of any communication ...

Supposing that I sent you an IGM requesting or discussing something ... later on I claim that I did in fact send such an IGM and someone calls me to prove that I send it ... If I publish MY OWN IGM and not any of your possible replies, in which way are the rules broken .?. Wink

GM Rikoo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Community & PR Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GM Rikoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2014 at 14:46
The rule is not up for debate. Please get back on topic or risk deletion or closing of the thread. I will re-state the rule for clarity:

"Public posting of private messages between fellow players or players and Illyriad staff is prohibited. This includes discussions of warnings and suspensions of both game and forum accounts."

Thanks all! Now let's have a good weekend of WAR! :)

EDIT: I want to clarify something. If a person posts their specific half of an in-game mail (example: "I went to the store") and does not tell anyone that she did so, there's no stopping her and no way to tell that she did that, unless I investigate it further.

Other than that, no posting of ANY part of an in-game mail is allowed because others can assume the other side of the conversation... something that might do more damage. So, no, don't do it. It's very easy to fake or change text as well, another reason not to do it.

GM Rikoo

Edited by GM Rikoo - 29 Mar 2014 at 15:00
Illyriad Community Manager / Public Relations / community@illyriad.co.uk
Rill View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General
Player Council - Geographer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2014 at 17:25
To be clear, what I am saying is that if Angrim wants to forward a mail he received to all and sundry, I do not intend to stand in his way.  That is acceptable under the Code of Conduct.

As for me, I consider this discussion over.  People who want to continue talking about it should apply to Angrim directly.
Deranzin View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deranzin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2014 at 18:09
Originally posted by GM Rikoo GM Rikoo wrote:

Thanks all! Now let's have a good weekend of WAR! :)

Whut .?.

Originally posted by GM Rikoo GM Rikoo wrote:

EDIT: I want to clarify something. If a person posts their specific half of an in-game mail (example: "I went to the store") and does not tell anyone that she did so, there's no stopping her and no way to tell that she did that, unless I investigate it further.

Other than that, no posting of ANY part of an in-game mail is allowed because others can assume the other side of the conversation... something that might do more damage. So, no, don't do it. It's very easy to fake or change text as well, another reason not to do it.

Anyway, I want to ask for a small clarification but I make the question in public in case someone else is interested in it ... what is the policy concerning the publishing of non-controversial IGMs, for example someone sending you a good in-game advice and you wish to share it in the forum or you want to share a discussion over the merits of particular settling spots and none of the participants have any problem in sharing their advice .?.

A real example that interests me is that defense guide I am slowly compiling ... I want to base it over a smaller guide I made and IGMed to some players and, of course, include some of the feedback I got ... but if I am reading your clarification correctly, if someone complains that the guide was part of an IGM it is immediately against the rules ! Unhappy

GM Rikoo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Community & PR Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GM Rikoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2014 at 18:16
It's simple. 

If someone sends you a private message -- giving advice for example -- and you later want to share that advice, put it in your words and without copying and pasting the email/message was sent to you.

Use common sense. We have gone over the reasons against allowing the posting of private messages, so you can refer to those posts if you need to. Feel free to email me directly. 

Let's get back to topic at hand, or I will close the thread.

PS: I meant "war" as in "go play the game!" ..it's a game that allows for war. ;)

GM Rikoo.
Illyriad Community Manager / Public Relations / community@illyriad.co.uk
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
  Share Topic