FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Data requests

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 14>
Author
GM ThunderCat View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
GM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GM ThunderCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2011 at 18:44
Originally posted by Hugie Hugie wrote:

1) - can you display the scouts on the game board for this race?
Yes, but only to 0|-2

2) - how can I download the times - if I forward a system message it leaves off the time, so if people forward me system messages I can't tell what time they arrived and anyway I'll have far too many to deal with
We can provide this

3) - is there a way that you can ensure "safe passage" (ie prevent hostile action against diplomatic units) for the duration of the race?
Hostile action against diplo units cannot be done at this point currently

Hope that helps...
Hugie View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hugie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2011 at 09:49
wow - so the race is on?
I presume nobody can get to 0 0 because it's marked as "impassable", which is why i'm racing to 0 -2.  But if you can provide the closest 20 scouts to 8pm on Sunday (either side before or afterwards) (and I imagine that most people will get within a minute of winning timeso it will probably be seconds or 100th of seconds) then that would be fantastic! Do you just send me a download link for the winning scouts?
Now to persuade some of the nay-sayers on General Chat who say it can't be done - Ryelle said she lost scouts when she sent them to 0 -2, whereas mine came back fine.
There are enough who say it can be done - have contributed to the prize pot!
Kilotov of DokGthung View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kilotov of DokGthung Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2011 at 09:54

wow - so the race is on?
I presume nobody can get to 0 0 because it's marked as "impassable", which is why i'm racing to 0 -2.  But if you can provide the closest 20 scouts to 8pm on Sunday (either side before or afterwards) (and I imagine that most people will get within a minute of winning timeso it will probably be seconds or 100th of seconds) then that would be fantastic! Do you just send me a download link for the winning scouts?
Now to persuade some of the nay-sayers on General Chat who say it can't be done - Ryelle said she lost scouts when she sent them to 0 -2, whereas mine came back fine.
There are enough who say it can be done - have contributed to the prize pot!

gm himself can announce the winners.
Ander View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ander Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2011 at 11:39
How can someone loose scouts? Armies don't destroy scouts! (i'm not sure if you could fail in the mission if you send just 1 scout though)

Hugie View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hugie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2011 at 14:15
yes to all.  Big learning curve for me!
Hugie View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hugie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2011 at 08:29
GM request (or actually anyone else) - roughly what time (to the nearest half a day) should each country set their scouts away?  I haven't really worked out speeds and so on and don't know the overall map, so I can't work it out.  I want to do a countdown on GC ("Worlds' End runners should be starting just about now" and so on)
If you wonder why I'm asking such ignorant questions, I only joined 19 Aug and I haven't ever played a strategy game on the internet before - Illy is fantastic!
Hugie View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hugie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2011 at 08:48
Please another request (after the race I'll leave you alone - maybe for ever because I don't understand data downloads much) - someone on caravanserai asked if GM could announce the race along with the link to the race thread (eg in Herald as a small ad) and then announce the winners in the Herald?
I'm not sure how winners will be rewarded.  I wanted winner plus 19 runners up plus newest member to enter (ie 50% to winner, 50% split between next 20) but we haven't really discussed this.  At least the prize pot is big enough to split!
TheNoon View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheNoon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2011 at 02:30
Hi there,

So I have a few data requests. One is for a tutorial on Rankings, and the other is a research interest. Feel free to PM me for more info as to what the research is.

OK rankings first: Quite a few people ask how the rankings are calculated. Could you give me the equations as to the way that this is done. OR alternatively I could reverse engineer the raw data to get the weightings, distribution curves etc...

Trades:- (this is for some research, and I would appreciate an PM about this and would highlight my credentials etc...)
I want basically the Sell and Buy times, and their associated Player Names and Town Name distance price and volume. For say a 3 month period.

Cheers,

TheNoon
Rill View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General
Player Council - Geographer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2011 at 02:47
TheNoon, this post describes how Rankings are calculated

I dunno how players would feel about release of their trade data ... since it could be used to indicate who is building how many of what troops where.  Might I suggest that player and town names be blinded (replaced by dummy numbers) as a compromise?  If I am correct that people might object?
TheNoon View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheNoon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2011 at 11:43
Originally posted by Rill Rill wrote:

TheNoon, this post describes how Rankings are calculated

Damn, really wanted to do a little bit of scripting in Matlab to work this out :-P 

Cheers Rill.

The other trade stuff would not be published in the public domain. I would keep it confidential  - the reason the names maybe of interest comes from a behavioural economics theory that I would like to test.

TheNoon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 14>
  Share Topic