illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Data requests

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 11121314>
Author
Tensmoor View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tensmoor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2016 at 21:33
Checked the player data file and it's giving a data generation date of today, and the world map file is now giving the correct Gypsy Fortune Teller locations so everything seems to be hunky dory TC Thumbs Up

Thanks for the hard work on this.
kodabear View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General
Player Council - Astronomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kodabear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2016 at 02:33
its also updated on my end too 
INSERT INTO `player`(`data_timestamp`, `player_id`, `Player_name`, `alliance_id`, `alliance_role_id`, `race_id`) VALUES ('2016-12-24T00:03:33.653',1','GM Stormcrow','18','85','1');
Tensmoor View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tensmoor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2017 at 04:46
Is there any way you could make the datafile_worldmap.txt sorted on the GeoOD?
Tensmoor View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Tensmoor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2021 at 09:57
XML Diplo Reports

Is there any chance of adding an XML button to Diplomatic Reports similar to the one on Combat Reports? A lot of players are not willing to share API keys which currently is the only way to share diplo reports and this would I think open up several possible uses.

Possible uses for it that I can think of:
  • Gathering details on anatomies dropped by NPCs.
  • Helping update inter-alliance standings in Faction Play.
  • Sharing info on enemies etc between allies.
  • Allow creation of 'Diplo' tourneys in my Tournament Creator.
There are probably a lot more that I haven't thought of.

Tens
Jejune View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Jejune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2021 at 12:42
I second this request. Adding the XML to diplo reports, hub buy/sell order IGMs, and even magic IGMs would be immensely helpful.

GM Stormcrow View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
GM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote GM Stormcrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2021 at 18:09
Originally posted by Tensmoor Tensmoor wrote:

Is there any way you could make the datafile_worldmap.txt sorted on the GeoOD?
Um, yes, easily done - I'm actually surprised it isn't!  If there aren't any objections to this idea (and I can't see why there would be), I'll get this done in the next 48hrs (albeit 4 yrs later XD).

Originally posted by Tensmoor Tensmoor wrote:

Is there any chance of adding an XML button to Diplomatic Reports similar to the one on Combat Reports? 

That's a great idea.  Not sure quite how feasible it is for the entirety of the scenarios you outline - I'll need to look at the retained data structures that are currently in place for what we actually store in the db versus what we generate on the fly and jettison.

Will get back to you on this shortly!

Best,

SC

Edited by GM Stormcrow - 21 Mar 2021 at 18:14
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
GM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote GM Stormcrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2021 at 18:13
Originally posted by Jejune Jejune wrote:

I second this request. Adding the XML to diplo reports, hub buy/sell order IGMs, and even magic IGMs would be immensely helpful.

Diplo reports *may* be feasible, pending further investigation.

Hub Buy/Sell Order igms should certainly be feasible.

Magic, similarly, but I guess less important?

I'm also assuming for diplo, trade and magic, specific API keys would also be useful?  Or not, because no one is willing to share their API keys?

Best,

SC
Jejune View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Jejune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2021 at 00:51
Many thanks for looking into it, SC!

My two cents:
  • Players tend to be more/most comfortable sharing individual apis within their respective alliances. Within the larger Faction Play universe, we aren't yet pursuing that level of buy-in, and instead asking Faction Players to simply log their combat XMLs (via Slack, using a simple slash command). So far, it seems like a secure and comfortable method for logging data that affects rankings.
  • Magic is probably least important, yes (though it would be cool to make magic actions part of ranking actions). Based on the level of interest thus far within the Faction Play sphere, I'd stack them thusly:
    • Trade XML
    • Diplo XML
    • Magic XML

Tensmoor View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Tensmoor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2021 at 05:58
Thanks SC Thumbs Up

I agree with Jejune regarding the sharing of APIs which is why I first started working on the Tournament Creator system. Players really need to have a high degree of confidence in the people they are sharing that API with.

Given that we can filter the results from the APIs to get only the messgae types we are interested in for a particular application I think the addition of the XML option to the individual reports would certainly be the most useful and I wouldn't see a great demand for the individual APIs.

Tens

Moderator Group
Moderator Group
GM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote GM Stormcrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2021 at 11:19
In the interests of completeness and providing common access to datafiles, I'm pleased to release the following available data dumps:

Please note that all are subject to the usual rules on copyright, trademarks etc.

Also, please don't hesitate to ask if there are any further broadly-static data-dumps that would be useful for third-party tool development that would save you time, if you could get accurate data-dumps for any pieces of data that are otherwise publicly-accessible via the Illyriad User Interface.

Best wishes,

SC

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 11121314>
  Share Topic