Topic ClosedCombat

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
joekewl View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Combat
    Posted: 08 Mar 2010 at 17:00
Is there a minimum number of troops you need to send or any automatic casualties?

If it matters lets assume a totally undefended town first and then feel free to add any other details... all are appreciated!!
Wuzzel View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2010 at 17:10
Check here for more information:

http://forum.illyriad.co.uk/5-combat_topic71.html

Edited by Wuzzel - 08 Mar 2010 at 17:10
joekewl View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2010 at 17:30
Thanks but I have already read that. It didnt seem to specify what happens when you attack an undefended town or that there are minimum casualties for attacking. It was pretty generic and vague in that area.

I have played a variety of this type of game and they are all a little different. Some will give you no casualties for attacking an undefended town and others will give you automatic casualties to attack anyone because of various reasons such as the villagers defending. Sometimes your army size or troop types can also affect this number...
Kumomoto View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2010 at 18:29
Originally posted by joekewl joekewl wrote:

Thanks but I have already read that. It didnt seem to specify what happens when you attack an undefended town or that there are minimum casualties for attacking. It was pretty generic and vague in that area.

I have played a variety of this type of game and they are all a little different. Some will give you no casualties for attacking an undefended town and others will give you automatic casualties to attack anyone because of various reasons such as the villagers defending. Sometimes your army size or troop types can also affect this number...

I can tell you that if you attack an undefended town in Illyriad, you don't get any casualties...
GM ThunderCat View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
GM

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2010 at 18:33
In order to send an army for a regular attack you need 1 commander in it and 1 unit.

If the town is completely undefended your commander may take a little damage, but you troops should be fine. You commander heals over time - so its not too much of an issue.

As you "won" the battle you will be able to return with the spoils of war (if they are not fully covered in the town's vault). However as you did not engage any real resistance your commander will not gain any experience, nor will you gain any score in the Attack league table.

However the town may be undefended, but protected by runes e.g. fear or slaying. Fear will make you troops not attack and slaying will kill them - the degree depends on the power.
joekewl View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2010 at 18:39
Thats exactly what I was looking for. Thanks!!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic