illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Combat API Keys

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Tamaeon View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tamaeon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2015 at 19:13
Thanks for the info and clarifcation SC; I'll be awaiting the all clear.

Good luck, and thanks again.
"How happy is the blameless vestal's lot! The world forgetting, by the world forgot. Eternal sunshine of the spotless mind! Each prayer accepted, and each wish resigned."
GM Stormcrow View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
GM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GM Stormcrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2015 at 19:41
Originally posted by Tamaeon Tamaeon wrote:

Thanks for the info and clarifcation SC; I'll be awaiting the all clear.

Good luck, and thanks again.

Give it a whirl now...?

SC
Tamaeon View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tamaeon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2015 at 23:01
Originally posted by GM Stormcrow GM Stormcrow wrote:

Give it a whirl now...?

Just tried again and it works! Even better, the response time is excellent! So much better than before. Thanks SC (devs), keep up the good work!

edit: changed post from api down, to "works again"!

Edited by Tamaeon - 03 Jan 2015 at 08:52
"How happy is the blameless vestal's lot! The world forgetting, by the world forgot. Eternal sunshine of the spotless mind! Each prayer accepted, and each wish resigned."
Tamaeon View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tamaeon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2015 at 05:23
I've started work on a parser... and OMG, there's so much data here! It's literally a gold mine!
Of the earlier comments in this thread, I can only understand the one about the API not being RESTful. Other than that I can say with absolute confidence that it's beyond adequate for most uses in it's current form; especially considering that parsing and putting all this data to use, will not be for the feint of heart! LOL

I've been at it for over an hour and I'm only just finishing the xpath queries!

I don't often praise you guys, but major credit is definitely due here. The data is well structured, meaningful and best of all; it will allow for a whole new generation of user made enhancements to the game. Fantastic job devs, major kudos! Clap

PS: I've got a suggestion for another XML dump, but will open a new thread requesting it.

Edited by Tamaeon - 03 Jan 2015 at 09:14
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic