FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Claims of Ignoration of Claims

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 9>
Author
GM Rikoo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Community & PR Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GM Rikoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2015 at 16:56
Originally posted by Diva Diva wrote:

And I don't know WHO moved my post from LAND CLAIMS section to here "Let it be known".. well, there's the control issue there..and I am HIGHLY HIGHLY ticked off.

The fact that I cannot post WHERE I want and it not be moved -- I'm so done.

You cannot post an anti-land claim post in the land claim thread. 

I will also begin deleting posts that are attempting to goad or troll the conversation or topic. (Not you, Diva, I am referring to someone else.)

When a thread is made as a legitimate attempt at discussion or information-gathering, I will police it. We already have too many good threads destroyed by off-topic banter. 

If a poster continues to post off-topic posts, let me know. Eventually I will have to ban the person from the forums.

Thanks! Continue on!

GM Rikoo

Illyriad Community Manager / Public Relations / community@illyriad.co.uk
Diva View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2015 at 17:01
Rikoo says:

Then how can JeJune post/place a anti-land claim on a map in Alliance Land Claims that WoT has not claimed.. we are not only located in Aindara.. this is FALSE and his doing only. 

I have NOT posted an Alliance Land Claim, therefore should NOT be on his map.

"Um diva.... you are sort of acting like a .... diva...." - PhoenixFire
GM Rikoo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Community & PR Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GM Rikoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2015 at 17:02

Rikoo says:

Then how can JeJune post/place a anti-land claim on a map in Alliance Land Claims that WoT has not claimed.. we are not only located in Aindara.. this is FALSE and his doing only. 

I have NOT posted an Alliance Land Claim, therefore should NOT be on his map.

I cannot control his map. I can control the forums, though.

Rikoo

Illyriad Community Manager / Public Relations / community@illyriad.co.uk
Diva View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2015 at 17:05
Alright, again, let it be said ... for the map itself, WOT has never made a land claim, and the demarcation on the JeJune map is false and assumed. 

LOUD and clear JeJune?
King korr View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote King korr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2015 at 17:09
Originally posted by Janders Janders wrote:

Jejune, we mean this in a case-by-case basis.  Just a VERY hypothetical example--
(1) HYPOTHETICALLY, SIN claims Fellandire, and despite WoT having cities on the border / a few squares within, states we don't have the right to harvest or expand around those cities.
(2) HYPOTHETICALLY, WoT has a large cluster of cities (say 45) spread around Farshards outside of the SIN claim. However SIN has 5 cities mixed into this area, which they plan of leaving there and using to harvest aggressively.  

We would be AGAINST this arrangement.  We are against LC in general, but especially if you are going to kick us out of an area and tell us not to harvest there, but then leave cities of your own outside of your claim and harvest amongst us.  Certainly we don't mind random people settling within our loose clusters, and harvesting as they see fit as friendly neighbors.  But if you are going to restrict our livelihood, crafting, hunting and trade, we will feel free to do the same in return.

Now all of this is quite hypothetical, we don't have clusters of cities next to SIN and SIN doesn't have cities amongst our cluster stealing our earth salts ;)

Let me expand on this Say Alliance A has claimed a region next to WoT we have no cities in that region. BUT they have a few cities in Ainoara, where we have cities. What would stop Alliance A claiming a second region as their alliance expands and needs more harvest able location so then WoT would either have to go bow to this alliance demands to settle in a region we've been, be kicked out or go to war. 

Seeing as how WoT as a whole is against land claims and won't avoid region's where there are some, and will defend members right's to settle anywhere (out side of 10sq radius of course), and will use ALL  means to defend our right to do so. How this makes use grey i don't know as we not saying we're against land claims but will just stay in our location's we are actively settling where members want to and informed alliance's close to use that if they stick to their land claims it will bring them in to conflict with us.

Also we don't believe alliance's should be able to have their cake and eat it as the saying goes if you want a region to your self you should

1. Be able to defend and enforce such claim
  2. If blocking others from a region you should stay in that region and not be surprised others are hostile to you trying to have a land claimed region. While still settling freely everywhere else, this is a double standard and we're pointing it out it's a double said. 

Edited by King korr - 08 Jul 2015 at 17:19
Wartow View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wartow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2015 at 18:53
Originally posted by King korr King korr wrote:

Also we don't believe alliance's should be able to have their cake and eat it as the saying goes if you want a region to your self you should
  1. Be able to defend and enforce such claim
  2. If blocking others from a region you should stay in that region and not be surprised others are hostile to you trying to have a land claimed region. While still settling freely everywhere else, this is a double standard and we're pointing it out it's a double said. 

Can I toss another hypothetical out there?  

Assume I am an alliance with a land claim.  I play nicely and keep my business to my claimed area.  Perhaps I send a few traders out of the claimed area to get my goods to market which does benefit all in the game.

What if I am associated with another alliance, perhaps a training, feeder, or sister alliance, without a claim that sets up pockets of cities (all over the world) for harvesting those resources not found in the claimed area?  Are these other alliances free to do as they will?  Even if they have known alts from the claiming alliance leading them up?

Now... this is a tremendous tribute the organization power of a group of players in the game... but isn't this also "having the cake and eating it too"?  Or do we fundamentally disassociate the actions of a player and that player's alt?  Or two alliances with close ties?
Beyljr View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Beyljr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2015 at 19:20
Originally posted by Jejune Jejune wrote:

The map is meant as a public service announcement to help direct players in settling cities in the broken lands. ...

Extremely well put Jejune!

This is the real benefit of the whole LC process. Not as a means of generating conflict where there wouldn't be conflict otherwise, but as a public service announcement to help people determine where they wish to settle, and what to expect if they settle in a particular area. I do so wish that people would stop trying to turn a public service into a reason for conflict. Everyone has boundaries, and always have. This is just providing an easy way of identifying where they are. You can still settle anywhere you wish, but atleast now you can know in advance what to expect, who will be friendly with you, and who will not be friendly with you, when you do.

Diva, deciding to ignore LCs is perfectly acceptable. Most people that make an LC won't act any different toward anyone whether or not the LC is written down somewhere or has exactly defined boundaries. This has nothing to do with defining a new way of behaving. But at the same time I agree with the people that say that your statement that you will not accept certain people settling in your area, is infact a land claim. An "old style" land claim, where people can't tell for certain where the boundaries are, and therefore can never really know what to expect from you. The type of land claim that we all ran into in Elgea before BL even existed. The very type of land claim that makes LCs so desirable in BL. And that is a valid way of doing business if that is your choice. People aren't restricting the way you operate. And we are asking that you not try to restrict the way that we operate. Just like it is fine if you don't want to specify exact boundaries for your land claim, and it is also fine if you wish to ignore other people's stated boundaries, it should also be fine if someone else does choose to state them. As the old saying goes, "what is good for the goose, is good for the gander". If you want tolerance of your desires, then you have to tolerate other people's desires.

Enjoy.
twilights View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote twilights Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2015 at 21:18
let me be clear on my personal stance on this issue..if either side lays a seige in my backyard I will use my assets to try to break it...you can attack. raid. or dip each other around me but I will not stay idle if seige is used...around my locations it is a war free seige zone and will remain so until the devs make changes to make its damage more in line with other functions..good luck and have fun but no use of what I consider out of whack war game functions around me with me watching
Diva View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2015 at 23:47
Again, people like to interpret something different for their use to whitewash and or discredit. My post is on the ANTI-LAND claim thread, our policy is on our Alliance page, which you assume people to read on yours as well INSTEAD of coming to look at the Alliance Land Claims here in the forums.

The borders on your map signifying where WOT DID NOT SAY it was EVER claiming (assumed by JeJune if you look on THE LAND CLAIMER'S map) As the old saying goes --- I won't post it so Rikoo has a reason to ban me or close the thread. 

Definitely has the TWISTING of intent to your benefit though. I see no other Anti-land claim on your map, and what TVM does is what TVM said, don't compare what has not been said. Tell me where I posted a anti - land claim to any area of Broken Lands that should be on that map, PLEASE.

I thought so. No where.

Edited by Diva - 08 Jul 2015 at 23:51
Raco View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2015 at 23:54

• If LC's insists on land claiming we will insist you move any LC cities into your "region". We won't accept cities of LC near where WoT resides and harvests and will target them for removal.

Here.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 9>
  Share Topic