illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Claims of Ignoration of Claims

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 9>
Author
Jejune View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jejune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2015 at 15:45
Thanks, Janders. I think I understand the policy -- it makes total sense to me.

The reason I am asking is that I think that because the WoT policy restricts settlement of one very specific type of player (in this case, a player in a land claim alliance) from settling in one of WoT's large cluster of cities, that your large clusters could be demarcated on the land claim map. It wouldn't be marked as a "land claim" but rather as a "zone," similar to TVM's no-claim zone. This needs to be done so that the 300+ players in land claim alliances are able to access the map and see where they are ill-advised to settle. Does this make sense?

Diva View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Diva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2015 at 15:54
Make no marks on the map --- on behalf of WoT. Please and TYVM
"Um diva.... you are sort of acting like a .... diva...." - PhoenixFire
Jejune View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jejune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2015 at 15:57
The map is meant as a public service announcement to help direct players in settling cities in the broken lands. For as long as an alliance has a policy in place that is restrictive in who can settle where, it is going to be included on the map.

Diva View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2015 at 16:02
Originally posted by Jejune Jejune wrote:

The map is meant as a public service announcement to help direct players in settling cities in the broken lands. For as long as an alliance has a policy in place that is restrictive in who can settle where, it is going to be included on the map.

I shall post on the MAP page, that WoT is in direct OPPOSITION to the demarcation of ANYTHING posted by ANYONE other than WOT on the map. Our issue is with LAND CLAIMERS ONLY.

There is no need for a public service announcement from WoT, our policy is on our alliance page -- as is any land claiming alliance.

This is all getting to be a bit irritating and what YOU will do on behalf of WoT. The map is YOUR doing and we ask for no posting by anyone that is not WoT.
Diva View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2015 at 16:07
LET IT BE KNOWN HENCEFORCE:

WoT is in direct OPPOSITION to the demarcation of ANYTHING posted by ANYONE other than WOT on the map. Our issue is with LAND CLAIMERS ONLY.

There is no need for a public service announcement from WoT, our policy is on our alliance page -- as is any land claiming alliance.

This is all getting to be a bit irritating and what YOU will do on behalf of WoT. The map is YOUR doing and we ask for no posting by anyone that is not WoT.

Any posting HERE or marked on the map is in direct conflict with our wishes to have a demarcation on the map.
Jejune View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jejune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2015 at 16:09
Originally posted by Diva Diva wrote:

I'm not trying to irritate you or WoT, Diva, and like I said, I sincerely like and respect your claim policy. At the same time, me putting your policy on the map makes complete sense, given the restrictive nature of your policy. If it didn't have that one point, then it would not be on the map. Players are accessing the map to get a general idea of where to settle in the BL, so it is a valuable resource in that regard, and as the map administrator, I think it's an important feature to include.

If you look, I tried to include two factors to account for WoT's position: 1) it is not marked as a "land claim" 2) it clearly states your policy. I'm not going to include a long disclaimer on WoT's position on land claims as an ideology, but your alliance zone title is directly hyperlinked to the post above with your policy.

Edited by Jejune - 08 Jul 2015 at 16:10

Raco View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2015 at 16:17
As I understand, WoT policy, is not only an ignoration on Land Claims; but also a Claim 'against' a very specific type of player (Those who are claiming part of BL). I think it's useful to have all Land Claims and Ignorations on them and other related info in one sight, and Jejune's map accomplish that.

I don't know why would you be against of being included in the map as long as your policies are clear enough.

Diva View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2015 at 16:21
#1 position, we are NOT land claimers -- posting as such with the highlights on the map infers we are. 

We didn't ask for a place on the map, require one and oppose one being added. This map is JeJune's baby, and WoT wants no part or inference that is not already posted on it's alliance page.
Diva View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2015 at 16:38
And I don't know WHO moved my post from LAND CLAIMS section to here "Let it be known".. well, there's the control issue there..and I am HIGHLY HIGHLY ticked off.

The fact that I cannot post WHERE I want and it not be moved -- I'm so done.
phoenixfire View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phoenixfire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2015 at 16:55
Well this is where it fits into the discussion Diva....
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 9>
  Share Topic