FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic Closedcity builds

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
mufridaz View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2012 at 00:56

Another thing is where I am there are not many natural resouces like the new things.  So that brings another decision whether to maybe move a city to where there are abundance of natural resouces and there are less neighbors.  Luckily the only thing I would be loosing by exodusing this city is time and downgrade of 20 warehouse and 15 storehouse back to 12.  Its an 8 day move.  I tried to put an army to protect the square in hopes noone else finds that square appealing.  There are of course risks I found like an animal spawning on the square.  What I didn't know is the rare herbs aren't always in the same place like mines always are.  So I could be moving my city to help get these rare herbs and the plots might disappear and respawn in another location thus making my move almost pointless if there is overfarming of the resouces.  Is this a wise decision to move a city where almost 1/2 the map is covered in animals or resouces or staying put where there might be 1 or 2 animals every 15 squares or a herb/mine every 20 squares.

If you were going to say have a small city that is just cotters/miners/herb/etc what buildings are must haves?  I assume market to transport those goods.  And library to get research points.  I can see bookbinder to make the advanced gathers.  And warehouse/storehouse.  What other buildings would be a must have? 

The spots I'm looking for are where they have 2 of the 3 resouces.  A lot of mines are in the mountains where there is not many 7 food plots.  But for example I could move where there are tons of basic herbs and tons of animals.  then make advanced skinners to gather the left overs from the animal kills and use cotters to gather the basic stuff. 

How many cotters do you typically send out to gather one resouce.  Do you typically scout it first?  Or is scouting just for the advanced plots to make sure don't overharvest.  Thanks.

mufridaz View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2012 at 01:08
yea the idea of one mage tower if all cities are close saves a plot just hope its not already lvl 20 in which case will probally just leave it

and guess don't need barracks if its a trade or diplo town etc

maybe have those cities that are close make all the basic stuff advanced materials bows etc.  but like maybe out of 3 cities only one makes plate or siege stuff if you don't use it that much. 

and maybe 2-3 of the tier 2 buildings as they eat up resouces and have an upkeep

like maybe one city has calvery parade ground, one archer's field, another geomancer retreat

with the new trade stuff i'm saving 2 plots for trade office and merchant's guild

books seem to be a bottle neck for me as i'm trying to make some diplo units and advanced herb/skinners both require books so trying to have more of those in cities

so like if i have 3 cities close by i might just have one siege, spear, forge building instead of making one in each if i don't use them that much.

i know like for some of the advanced gatherers they said you might need 3 buildings for some of the larger plots.  of course i wouldn't make any advanced miners if there was no mines nearby.

in my magic city i have 4 plots left.  one of those will probally be my 2nd geomancer building.  but isn't there like some other magic stuff coming soon like mana something etc.  so idk maybe could just put a cotter there until the new buildings come.  what's nice is they only take a minute to make so they are fast to demolish. 

just a lot to take in and i haven't even really messed with the crafting stuff as that is more buildings ha.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic