illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Calamity Aftermath - Skyfallen Stones

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Author
rajput View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rajput Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2019 at 19:32
I harvested 5 spots so far, 1 was with the salts. Haven't came across spot with shards yet! 

Warning! Author of this post has weird sense of humor...
Tensmoor View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Tensmoor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2019 at 16:09
Done a breakdown of the biomes, regions and terrains that I spotted the Skysplinters on.

Hucbold View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hucbold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2019 at 20:33
From what I have observed:

Harvesters harvest splints at the rate of 3 per hr
They harvest salts at the rate of 1 per hr
They harvest shards at the rate of 1 per 4 hrs
(Can anyone confirm?)
When salts occur with the splints, there is always one of each.
When shards occur with splints, there is always one of each.
I have not yet seen any essences occur - don't know if that happens.
It is possible to harvest on unpassable ground using the trick outlined by Wartow in another post.

PS: These 'free' shards make the new runes more attractive to cast.

Edited by Hucbold - 11 Dec 2019 at 20:35
Tensmoor View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tensmoor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2019 at 06:12
My cotters only collect Skysplinters at the rate of 1 per hour. I can't comment on the rates for the extras as I've not found any of those.

Yes, you can use the method described by Wartow to harvest on Impassable tiles (done it myself) and Forbidden tiles (observed other players doing so).
JohnConn View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnConn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2019 at 03:52
I can confirm that Herbs take precedence AND that you never get to the Skyfallen Stones!!

I had 6 Cotters churning away and the countdown clock looked weird...They had arrived 10 hours ago, according to my notifications, but it said "16 hours remain".

I checked back later, still 16 hours remained, even though more than an hour had passed!

So, I watched it tick down. Switched to 15h 59m, etc. I thought, "okay, cool, maybe soon I'll hit the Skyfallen Stones!".

Nope. I switched screens, came back. Lo, and behold, 16 hours remained!!

Coming back close to when 17 hours had passed, it had *finally* gotten down lower - 3h+ remained.

But when the 20 hours were up, they were done. 600 Herbs and no SKyfallen Stones in sight.

I'm assuming the same thing would happen on Minerals as well. Perhaps Hides, too, if there are more present than the number of Cotters can harvest in 20 hours.

Please look into this!

On a side note - thank you for fixing the Cotter clock! On a regular harvest, it now shows the time remaining even beyond the first cycle! This *may* be related to the problem with the Stones...

Thanks.
Dungshoveleux View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dungshoveleux Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2020 at 23:49
Splinters on herbs is a waste of time. Salts and shards are fine. Never seen any essences though.
Alastor View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alastor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2020 at 05:49
Question to Tensmoor ...

Are the SkySplinters on Impassable Terrains simply an attempt of the SkySplinter Aliens to colonise our world ?
Tensmoor View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tensmoor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2020 at 07:30
I think it is more a case of them liking the isolation. Bear in mind they came from the moon which is not known for its large population.
Hopper View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2020 at 11:33
Another issue: did a genuine player find by her/himself the trick to send harvesters to - previously - impassable terrai, or was it an 'innovation' leaked by the developer?
Tensmoor View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tensmoor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2020 at 12:42
I've known of that method of sending for quite some time. I came accross it while gathering info on rare resources. Even if it was something leaked by the devs why would you say it is an issue?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
  Share Topic