Play Now Login Create Account
illyriad
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Bejna's Push Notifications Mobile&Desktop (Alpha)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Bejna's Push Notifications Mobile&Desktop (Alpha)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Bejna View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Bejna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bejna's Push Notifications Mobile&Desktop (Alpha)
    Posted: 26 May 2016 at 14:33
Hello!
I've build a little service which will monitor your Illy notifications and than send them to your phone and/or desktop via PushBullet service.

I have and i am testing it, but right now i need a few more people to test things out.
So if you are interested PM ME! or leave a message here and i will pm you.
Note that i am using the notification service last 2 days and it works flawlessly :)

Requirements
1- You must install PushBullet to either your browser or phone and create an account there. PushBullet is already great service, but it will be better with your Illy Notifications :)
2- You will enter your notification api and pushbullet api to my service. You can create an alt account if you dont trust me with your apis. I think time will show that i have no bad intentions.

For now i will provide link via pm. and trust people won't spread it before its ready!
Also if you are not interested in testing things out, but you think this is cool and you would use it when its finished please say so! 

Also i'm a complete newbie who lives in the newbie ring. I've created my second city and trying to move out. So i could use resource donations for lvling up my warehouse etc.

Here are some screenshots;

Roadmap:
1- Test things out with few people and if there aren't many bugs or performanc issues start open beta :P
2- If someone has the ITML codes (like c=417 for minerals and c=416 for herbs) get them, if not try to find them all via testers.
3- Get IGM(in game mail) working with notifications
4- Add some settings so users can select what kind of notifications they want to get. (Like only building finished notifications. Or buildings+caravan movements but not researches.) DONE
5- Add some fun notes to notification messages maybe?

Edited by Bejna - 27 May 2016 at 10:28
Bejna View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bejna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2016 at 18:17
UPDATE
I think i've managed to implement a filtering system. So you can select what kinds of notifications you want to get!
Hyrdmoth View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hyrdmoth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2016 at 06:40
This sounds really interesting and useful. Can you explain a bit more how it works?
Bejna View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bejna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2016 at 10:23
Glad to hear that!
Well game gives notification data with your api. You enter your notification api to my service.
Pushbullet is an notification app which runs on multiple platforms, and they support api calls too.
You enter your pushbullet api to my app too.
After that, my sever checks your notifications every 10 minutes, and if ther are new notifications it sends them to pushbullet which sends it to your devices!
Also there is a filtering system so you don't get like tons and tons of notifications
Rill View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General
Player Council - Geographer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2016 at 21:25
I am using this, it's very helpful to know when armies are heading my way (or hitting the tournament squares) and when my caravans arrive.  Thanks Bejna!
Ricky View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ricky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2016 at 01:39
Sounds like how my good old Blackberry works!
GM Rikoo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Community & PR Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GM Rikoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2016 at 00:21
So, how is this working? Remember, players, Illyriad does not officially endorse anything outside of our development, but this sounds neat!

Have any of you been using it? I use Pushbullet all the time for work and personal.

GM Rikoo
Illyriad Community Manager / Public Relations / community@illyriad.co.uk
Bejna View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bejna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2016 at 14:00
Oh hi! A GM Shocked

Wel I've been using it for a while, without any problems at all!

Simply players must enter their Notification api to my service. And select what kind(s) of notifications they want to get. Also a pusbullet api is needed.
After that my server checks for new notifications, filters them, and pushes it to your pushbullet devices every 10 minutes :)

I've sent you a pm with the registration link. I can't go public with it because i don't know the limits of my server, and don't want it to be blown :)
Rill View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General
Player Council - Geographer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2016 at 10:42
This stopped working for me after about a week.  Don't know why.
Bejna View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bejna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2016 at 14:46
Hey Rill. 
Since there wasn't any interest with it. I've pulled the plug on it for now :)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic