illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Badlands as an Arena for War

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Ptolemy View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ptolemy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2015 at 22:52
That is a good thing? Tongue
asr View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2016 at 11:35
Alliances are formed to crush and take over other alliances.

Defeated leftovers will move to distant lands forming new alliances recruiting fresh blood whatever they can, as time goes by different classes between players are forming, tensions will grow between them, greedy and stronger becoming their new kings banishing out those who they don't like, like it were done before to themselves.

Garbage recycling process.

Shûl-nak View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith
Warpainter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shûl-nak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2016 at 14:53
One man's trash is another man's treasure.
Ptolemy View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ptolemy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2016 at 21:12

Call your granddad, forget how the rest go's. Anyway, asr, LC's have yet to do that. Also, this is happening in BL, not Elgea. It's time to shake things up.

asr View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2016 at 14:15
land claiming is giving you only a common problem for many other players so you make sure that when you go attack someone you are not alone, you have larger changes to have comrades.

Talk that In Elgea somehow are less aggressive or warminded players is a tease. A small tickle.
Ptolemy View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ptolemy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2016 at 20:29
I didn't say Elgean's are less aggressive. All I said as BL is in't Elgea. I was saying that it doesn't have to follow the same standards and rules that elgea has.
Brandmeister View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brandmeister Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2016 at 20:52
As I have pointed out ad nauseam in other posts, using many actual events that really happened, Elgea doesn't follow the imaginary rules and standards that people fantasize it does.
ajqtrz View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ajqtrz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2016 at 22:01
First of all, the idea of having a war zone would be nice if it were to have been set up at the beginning and everybody who moved into said zone would have agreed.  But having any group of players decide to make any area of Illy a war zone over the objections of those who are there and those who are not, is imposing your style of play on already established players.  I don't mind at all if you warriors wish to declare any and/or all parts of Illy a war zone so long as you leave me and those like me out of your games and let me play mine.  The amount of resources you might lose is so small as to be of no significant consequence.

I've kept repeating the idea that you could just do two things and have all the PVP fun you want. 1) Drop the intimidation by threats of coercion you put upon the entire membership (and organize whatever PVP fights you want, complete with whatever intimidation by threats of coercion you choose to use on each other) ... in other words, retract your threats issued to all players and replace them with a DOH (Declaration of Homeland); and 2) stop trying to BL into a restricted war zone where any non-warriors are considered second-class.  It is the height of hubris to declare that you are the ones who have the right to make the game into what you wish it to be when all the declarations and intimidation is not necessary to accomplish the goals of area domination and extreme PVP you say you want.

I have a suggestion.  If you wish to play PVP I'll organize a PVP tournament with a negotiated set of rules of participation among those who wish to participate.  And those who do not wish to do so can be left alone.

A couple of things about the attacks on others.  Just because somebody disagrees with you does not make them a "hater."  Such a claim is just one of the many methods used to circumvent discussion....it's name calling and if it were me calling a group of people "haters" I have a lot more armies at my doorstep.  One wonders why one side can make mistakes and sound arrogant and condescending and get attacked, but the other can actually call people "haters" and nobody says a thing?  Just wondering.

And if really wanted to get out of your comfort zone, how about adopting my recommendations?  If, as you imply, I'm afraid to get out of my comfort zone and should be willing to do so, isn't it a bit strange to then say that you are making a land claim so that you can reserve land?  What's the point of reserving land unless you are just trying to avoid fighting for it later on?  In my opinion there is something illogical about saying you want more PVP and then doing everything you can to set yourselves up to avoid PVP.  One would think, since fighting is your comfort zone, you'd not want a land claim.  So how about dropping the land claim and showing us you can live dangerously like you are telling the rest of us we have to live?

AJ

ajqtrz View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ajqtrz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2016 at 22:06
asr

I'm sure there are other reasons for forming alliances.  I actually formed mine for discussion purposes.  Again, it's a sandbox and just as players can choose to have non-warfare ways of playing, so to alliances can exist for any number of reasons, including avoiding war for that matter.

AJ
Solanar View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Solanar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2016 at 00:57
Consent to PVP is given by playing a game where consent is not a necessary prerequisite to PVP. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic