illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

audrey

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
demdigs View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote demdigs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: audrey
    Posted: 26 Feb 2024 at 01:04
is the quest still working? the old crone still hasn't visited me, and aurdey has been active for a few days. and i have visited the duraz kurag
Freyja. View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Freyja. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2024 at 14:58
We don't know when the old crone will visit exactly. We only know it is supposed to happen while Audrey is awake. She'll be awake for another week or so.

Wartow View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wartow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2024 at 02:08
Anyone get the "Horror has stirred" message?
demdigs View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote demdigs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2024 at 19:12
The old crone never visited. is the quest broken? Jejune?
Beleg View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2024 at 01:27
Hey demdigs I got the

Diplomats from ****** visit The Ruins of Duraz Karag.

When the dread corruption rises again, ***** will be in dire peril. Secure this town as best you can; you may wish to seek assistance from your compatriots, as the onslaught will be swift and ruinous when the time comes.

Edited by Beleg - 12 Mar 2024 at 01:27
Jadefae View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jadefae Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2024 at 20:01
What did you do step by step? Because you are the first to mention getting this message in the last two tries....
~*~Jadefae~*~
kodabear View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General
Player Council - Astronomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kodabear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2024 at 09:53
I have gotten this message before. But nothing seems to happen afterwards 
Freyja. View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Freyja. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2024 at 16:01
Beleg, that is not the message we're talking about. That's from sending a messenger to DK. 

In 2014, some players got another visit from the old crone while Audrey was awake. No one has gotten the visit since, and only players who got the visit had tentacles escape. This is the visit and message we have been trying to get ever since the first and only time in 2014. 

This is the old crone message we are talking about ... 

An old crone arrives at the doors of ******.

Into the Gatekeepers' hand she presses a small piece of parchment that reads:

"The Horror has stirred; and the fools continue to feed it - making your task ahead more arduous. You've spoken with the Ancient Dwarven warriors, and you've made your choice to stand in opposition.

Once it is sated, the next phase will begin.

You have only a few scant hours of preparation time left. If you're not well prepared to defend your city against the corruption, this could prove disastrous.

I wish you luck, Epidemic [Siege]. Stand firm. And if you cannot stand firm, then die well."

As swiftly as she arrived, she is gone.
Wartow View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wartow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2024 at 15:33
"If you're not well prepared to defend your city against the corruption, this could prove disastrous."

How to interpret this?

We've been given "recent" updates with the Runemaster and the Moonshatter gear (among other crafting goodies).  I see these choices by the DEVS to offer more than the obvious.  Does a city under the "swift" and "ruinous" threat need to have a defensive spell (against armies, not diplos) and ALL of the troops assigned to a unit AND fully equipped?

Similarly, the vault is needed to protect the festering boils that are tentacles from escaping.  The carrot to use a vault was the upgrade to what a vault offers in another "recent" update and that was increased city capacity.

Why are we not receiving the "horror stirred" message?  I don't know.  Could it be because your reputation does not warrant attention from the old crone due to previous failure of the quest?  Can doing more quests reset your reputation?

Why do we not have NEW cities with escaped tentacles?  Surely someone is "failing" to keep them in a vault.  My only suspicion here is that someone has previously NOT failed so the rest of us are no longer subjected to a world full of corrupted squares.

Remember, only fools continue to feed Audrey.  Your reputation is at risk!

My thoughts are my own, you get what you pay for, and I observe largely from the sidelines as someone who is frustrated with this quest and decided to invest time in efforts that are more straightforward in life.

Good luck!

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic