illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Armies in Limbo? No Support!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Cactus View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cactus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Armies in Limbo? No Support!
    Posted: 13 Feb 2014 at 03:43

A little over a week ago I sent out some attacks. One of the attacks was a siege which incidentally landed on an NPC which appeared after the army was already sent.  My army won the fight , but he commander and the remaining troops just disappeared into limbo.  My city shows they are on maneuvers under the armies tab, however they cant be found.  They do not show up on the movements as coming or going...they are just not there.

What happened to my troops?  When can I get them  back?  I sent a petition regarding this but it was only acknowledged as being received and nothing more. That was on February 5th.  No communications for several days and nothing is being done about it.  This is totally frustrating!!  This makes it appear that the management is on a holiday and no one has been left behind to manage the store.

Is this game starting to fall apart?  Maybe some weird bugs getting in to the programming?  Hmmmm, that would be weird!  Scary too!  Whatever is happening, I would like my troops back and the commander.  You can see below the attack, but that is the only record I have of them except that they still appear as being out on maneuvers.  I didn’t pay them enough to stop of for some brews and pizzas.  Come on!  Please fix the glitch and send my troops back to their home.

Victorious battle against NPC units's forces at [75|129] in Norweld by Cactus's forces from Prickly Pear

Sent By:System
Received By:Cactus [BANE]
Date:06 Feb 2014 00:18
Two opposing forces clash against each other.

Attacking up a small hill offers little advantage, or penalty, to the attacking force.

Defences with a height advantage, however small, are better than nothing.

Attackers:Unit:Quantity:Casualties:Survivors:
Commander: ConanCharioteers Charioteer1Damaged for 55, 545 health remains.
Troops:Charioteers Charioteers1000554446
Troops:Catapults Catapults301614
Troops:Knights Knights20001107893

Defenders:Unit:Quantity:Casualties:Survivors:
Troops:Scuttlers Scuttlers287928790
Troops:Adult Scuttlers Adult Scuttlers312531250
Troops:Elder Scuttlers Elder Scuttlers2342340
Rill View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General
Player Council - Geographer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2014 at 04:47
There's nothing to siege adjacent to that square.  Did the city Exodus? Or did someone else raze it?  That information might help the devs nail down the problem.
Sisren View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sisren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2014 at 19:14
I thought posting of IGMs was agains the ToS??
Aurordan View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster
Player Council - Ambassador

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aurordan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2014 at 19:36
You might need to review the ToS.  

Hope this gets cleared up soon Cactus :(
Brandmeister View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brandmeister Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2014 at 20:08
Is it against the ToS to post your own IGMs? Because that would seem a little silly. The spirit of the rule is probably to avoid dragging private conversations onto the forums.

I will note, as a professional engineer, that long bug reports mixed with antagonism is not an effective way to get attention in the bug queue. Short, factual bug reports work the best. If no response is immediately received, then I recommend a short, polite request for an update every few days, made through the standard feedback system. While that might not be as emotionally satisfying for a frustrated customer, in my experience it is considerably more effective.
Malek View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Malek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2014 at 22:26
This has also occurred for another player with 26k knights in limbo. Petition # is 9655. To my knowledge it is a similar issue with the NPC bug that was corrected. 
Brandmeister View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brandmeister Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2014 at 00:33
It's possible that bug fix introduced a new bug. Which is why nightly regression testing is so important.
Cactus View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cactus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2014 at 13:16
When I sent, and when the siege arrived, the city was there. The problem started when the scuttlers happened to be on the tile when the siege landed.  I had since cleared the city with another attack..  I posted the email to show the situation because it actually shows the army and was easier than I could explain it.  It is just an attack email and nothing more.  

The attack was won but the remaining troops never returned and do not show up other than being on maneuvers.

I have been polite in my communications.  It is not like I am "name calling" or being mean.  I just want my problem fixed.  Some candor does come up with this request, and I have been posting  every couple of days to the petition asking about the problem.  

Posting this situation to the forums was suggested to me for possibly drawing more attention to the problem.  I don't normally post in the forums.  If I broke rules, it was unintentional.  

Bottom line; i just want the problem fixed and I am sure if you were in this situation, you would want it fixed too.
Arcangelo View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Arcangelo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2014 at 17:00
This is the same exact situation that has happened to me recently. I have filed a petition, but have heard nothing for two weeks. I sent an army and encountered NPC's on the square after it arrived. The army survived, but never started the siege. The army shows up on the tab as on maveoures, upkeep costs keep coming out, yet they are nowhere on the map or usable. And the city disappeared as well. Petition # 10283. 

How long did it take for your situation to get resolved? 
Angrim View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2014 at 21:52
Rikoo's advice for petitions that aren't moving is to update them regularly, which has the effect of keeping them at the top of the (apparently FIFO) queue.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic