illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

API and/or Slack help needed

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
GrayJediWarrior View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GrayJediWarrior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: API and/or Slack help needed
    Posted: 27 Mar 2020 at 01:09
Hey there,
So.... I've been trying to figure out how to use slack, and how to use the API generated by my profile and I seriously don't understand ANYTHING about this process.

I have a little bit of background in HTML, Linux Shell/Bash, and CSS but this is going way over my head.

Would anyone with experience mind explain exactly HOW I'm supposed to use a workspace in Slack, and how to integrate a illy API into said workspace? Preferably in an "idiot-proof" way?

Thanks in advance....
Tensmoor View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tensmoor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2020 at 07:21
Sorry bud - I've never used slack so can't offer any help on that side but I have written a couple of browser extensions that make use of the Mail and Notifications APIs so I may be offer you some help on that side of things.
GrayJediWarrior View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GrayJediWarrior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2020 at 18:59
That would be great Tensmoor!
Thanks in advance!
Tensmoor View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tensmoor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2020 at 19:46
Originally posted by GrayJediWarrior GrayJediWarrior wrote:

That would be great Tensmoor!
Thanks in advance!

Two references I used all the time while working on the extensions:

Another that I found handy in deciphering some parts of the data:

If you decide you want listings of the ids for things such as units, animal parts, equipment etc let me know via IGM and I'll mail you the files.

Tens
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic