Play Now Login Create Account
illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Announcement: Broken Lands Expansion!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 19>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
abstractdream View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abstractdream Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2013 at 21:03
Originally posted by GM ThunderCat GM ThunderCat wrote:

Originally posted by abstractdream abstractdream wrote:

WebGL, I assume means no more iPad play? I guess my days here are numbered then...
If WebGL is not supported (or desired) it will fallback to the current map interface.

Excellent, and thanks.
Bonfyr Verboo
scaramouche View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scaramouche Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2013 at 21:47
Without seeming ungrateful for the hard work and effort the DEVS has put into creating the BL, but as TD said in GC earlier, isnt there still a lot to finish off in Elgea? before embarking on Elgea 2?

Also I cant help but feel this is a ploy to just get hardened players to part with more money from prestige.

Will this also create a " THEM and US " attitude in the game?
Dont get me wrong, I find BL an exciting prospect but it does raise some questions.
NO..I dont do the Fandango!
Brids17 View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Brids17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2013 at 21:50
I wonder if there will be muskrats in the broken lands....
arnesson View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arnesson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2013 at 21:50
We are currently permitted to have two accounts in Elgea.  If I read your reply above correctly, we would have to abandon one of them in order to establish an account in the Broken Lands.  If such is the case, can the Prestige balance of the abandoned Elgea account be transferred to the new account in the Broken Lands?
GM Luna View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster
Community Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GM Luna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2013 at 21:55
Originally posted by arnesson arnesson wrote:

We are currently permitted to have two accounts in Elgea.  If I read your reply above correctly, we would have to abandon one of them in order to establish an account in the Broken Lands.  If such is the case, can the Prestige balance of the abandoned Elgea account be transferred to the new account in the Broken Lands?

You are misunderstanding. Broken Lands is not a separate server, just a new continent. You don't need to make a new account or abandon your existing one to play on it. The FAQ explains in a little more detail as well.

Luna
GM Luna | Illyriad Community Manager | community@illyriad.co.uk

isabela View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote isabela Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2013 at 21:56
YES IN  THE NEW MAP DO  WE HAVE TO SEND SETTLERS FROM MAIN ACCOUNT TO THE NEW MAP? OR WE HAVE TO MAKE A NOTHER ACCOUNT? OR IS IT AUTO OR SOMETHING? Big smile
arnesson View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arnesson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2013 at 22:14
Thank you for your reply Luna, but I am still a tad confused.  The FAQ clearly states:

Yes. Existing players will be able to have towns in the Broken Lands areas. The account limit for towns has been raised to include 10 towns on Elgea and 10 in the Broken Lands.

Are you saying that I can have an account, AND an alt account, in BOTH Elgea AND in the Broken Lands?
GM Luna View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster
Community Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GM Luna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2013 at 22:21
You can have 2 game accounts. Each game account can have 10 cities on Elgea and 10 on Broken Lands if they want. 

Luna
GM Luna | Illyriad Community Manager | community@illyriad.co.uk

Loud Whispers View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Loud Whispers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2013 at 22:27
Originally posted by isabela isabela wrote:

YES IN  THE NEW MAP DO  WE HAVE TO SEND SETTLERS FROM MAIN ACCOUNT TO THE NEW MAP? OR WE HAVE TO MAKE A NOTHER ACCOUNT? OR IS IT AUTO OR SOMETHING? Big smile

In the FAQ it says a research is required to settle a city upon the other continent. It is implied then that settlers will be required, at least for the first city, to settle on Elgea from BL or BL from Elgea.

On that note, thanks for putting broken lands in the South. Makes for a great view on the Southern Islands :D
Kumomoto View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kumomoto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2013 at 22:27
Will those accounts be allowed to join different alliances in the BL or does an account need to belong to the same alliance in both? (this will greatly impact the strategies that alliances take...)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 19>
  Share Topic