Topic ClosedAlliance Options

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
HonoredMule View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2010 at 13:15
Originally posted by [ZF [ZF wrote:

GeoffGoB]In my view that's not a skill you can develop, that's life and what it allows you.

This is where I disagree.  Reality has the full gamut of possibility when it comes to managing your time.  You can decide whether a launch time is important enough to get up at 3am, you can make friends with players in other time zones or schedules so you can help each other, and you can do a few painful page loads on a smartphone during work hours (assuming this won't get you in trouble).  Furthermore, you can join an alliance that does things on a better schedule for you or has players across many time zones, and if you are in charge of operations or operating alone, you can plan your maneuvers so that launch times are at reasonable hours of the day.  When reacting to hostile actions, you can choose whether to throw the kitchen sink into your defense now or perform carefully timed surgical defenses based on what you can do and when you are available to do it.  All this qualifies as "time management," and some people are definitely far better at it than others.

Not every obstacle is surmountable and not every option for dealing with it is always available to you personally...but that is the spice of life.  A web-based game is most bland without spice.
[ZF]GeoffGoB View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2010 at 21:47
Suggesting some people are better at time management than others is a bit strong, I choose to game for fun and fit it around my life, my desire to not to make certain sacrifices hardly constitutes weaker gameplay.

I guess we'll agree to differ on this
Duke Felirae View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2010 at 22:45
Also the Field Marshall idea isn't really necessary.

In a decent alliance you should be able to explicitly trust the leader(s). So what the alliance leader(s) can do is designate one person in the alliance to be the Field Marshall or whatever. Then the members make that person their account sitter. That way the alliance can send everyone's armies off within a few minutes.
His Grace the Duke of Felirae
[ZF]GeoffGoB View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2010 at 23:30
you can only sit 2 accounts at one time though, unless we are doing something wrong
Duke Felirae View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2010 at 11:05
I think you can only have 2 sitters at one time, but one person can sit as much accounts as other players want him to. I'm not sure.
His Grace the Duke of Felirae
Wuzzel View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2010 at 21:59
You can have 2 sitters and you can sit 2 accounts.
Both 2.
col0005 View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2010 at 14:44
What is the general consensus on a button that will allow an army to LEAVE at a specific time, this won't make it rediculously easy to co-ordinate but it doesn't require mass account sitting or late nights
HonoredMule View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2010 at 22:44
You can already control that by setting the duration of stay.  Wanting to change it after launch is already the domain of messengers, so I view it in much the same way as any other form of "make a decision while I'm not here."
Torn Sky View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2010 at 05:01
be able to adjust your armies travel speed of your armies adjust it by 10% so next to the armys speed in the Move window has a drop down box with the opton of 10%,20%...90% and 100% as the default then when your told to have your army at point A by time B you set your armys speed to C that will land you there at closely (depending how well you can time it) the correct time then no automation or waking up in the middle of the night would be needed 

edited for a few missed letters wireless keyboard doesnt pick up every keystroke

Edited by Torn Sky - 12 Jun 2010 at 05:04
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic