Topic ClosedActs of Agression

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
The Con Orc View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Acts of Agression
    Posted: 10 Dec 2010 at 18:18
We here at the D'Haran Alliance want nothing more than to create safer enviroment for our members. This does not appear to be... Yesterday one of our members was scouted  several times, our alliance diplomat adressed this with the offender and all seemed resolved... about 20 minutes ago i received a hostile diplomatic warning. i assumed it would be a scout perhaps? the alliance is newish to the area, and maybe someone nearby wnated to see if we were masing an army for hostile intentions.  I put up a slaying rune, if it was just a scouting party no one would be harmed.. sadly this was not to be true..   When the dust settlled i discovered a elf had sent saboetuers to MY city. A direct act of violence!

When we find the offender, the armies of the D'Haran  Empire will be unleashed.. We are not the villians here..
Gratch View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2010 at 18:24
This attack was uncalled for and in no way provoked.

However, I do implore of people to step forward with information. We only want to know the reason for an act or even the culprit. Force can be spared, we are afterall, with peaceful intentions.

Gratch
The_Dude View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2010 at 20:03
Hey, guys....Did you capture and obtain a confession from any of these hostile diplos?

Without proof as to the identity of the assailant, there is little anyone can help you with.

In the meantime, here are some things you can do to protect yourselves...

Increase your Consulate Level.

Build more Basic Scouts, Basic Spies, Basic Thieves, Basic Sabos.   These are the units that will capture hostile diplos.

Make sure you have researched Interrogation.  With this tech, you have a chance to solicit a confession from a captured hostile diplo.

Put up a killing rune (Death Rune, Killing Glyph, etc) to kill Sabos and Thieves.  Dead diplos never come back for follow-up attacks.

Also, Which Players and which cities are being hassled is helpful info.

On Chat, TCO said No_Mercy is the assailant.  How do you know this?

This is odd since NM is about 1,000 squares from TCO.  It is also odd because NM is in Strike Team which I have never heard of causing problems before.  My 2nd account has always been very near most of ST members and has never had any trouble.  Also, ST is mostly composed of inactive accounts now.  Even Tomicus, the founder, is hardly active anymore - he has only added 99 population in 1 month (adding all cities, only 99 pop inc.).

Some aggressive players enjoy hearing public pleas from their victims.  Cry  So posting your plight on Global Chat and this Forum many actually increase the hostilities against you.  Consider seeking advice and assistance in private from your allies and friends.Wink

Lastly, you advertise your alliance as being very tough Angry... 'steel vs. steel', etc.  This is a public taunt that invites aggression against you.  People are compelled to test your metal when you run around in public bragging about how tough you are.Shocked

I suggest you tone down your public bravado and beef up your defenses then, perhaps, trouble will find a new victim.  Clap

Edited by The_Dude - 10 Dec 2010 at 20:11
The Con Orc View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2010 at 20:21
ok The_dude everyone is making diplo units,

there were 2 different diplomatic attacks-2 diff people

no mercy was scouting kitcat repeatedly,

i recieved saboteurs from a elf.

everyone has diplos and we will find out who is doing this
Llyorn Of Jaensch View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2010 at 10:50
Originally posted by The_Dude The_Dude wrote:

Hey, guys....Did you capture and obtain a confession from any of these hostile diplos?

Without proof as to the identity of the assailant, there is little anyone can help you with.

In the meantime, here are some things you can do to protect yourselves...

Increase your Consulate Level.

Build more Basic Scouts, Basic Spies, Basic Thieves, Basic Sabos.   These are the units that will capture hostile diplos.

Make sure you have researched Interrogation.  With this tech, you have a chance to solicit a confession from a captured hostile diplo.

Put up a killing rune (Death Rune, Killing Glyph, etc) to kill Sabos and Thieves.  Dead diplos never come back for follow-up attacks.

Also, Which Players and which cities are being hassled is helpful info.

On Chat, TCO said No_Mercy is the assailant.  How do you know this?

This is odd since NM is about 1,000 squares from TCO.  It is also odd because NM is in Strike Team which I have never heard of causing problems before.  My 2nd account has always been very near most of ST members and has never had any trouble.  Also, ST is mostly composed of inactive accounts now.  Even Tomicus, the founder, is hardly active anymore - he has only added 99 population in 1 month (adding all cities, only 99 pop inc.).

Some aggressive players enjoy hearing public pleas from their victims.  Cry  So posting your plight on Global Chat and this Forum many actually increase the hostilities against you.  Consider seeking advice and assistance in private from your allies and friends.Wink

Lastly, you advertise your alliance as being very tough Angry... 'steel vs. steel', etc.  This is a public taunt that invites aggression against you.  People are compelled to test your metal when you run around in public bragging about how tough you are.Shocked

I suggest you tone down your public bravado and beef up your defenses then, perhaps, trouble will find a new victim.  Clap

The Dude abides. I don't know about you but I take comfort in that. It's good knowin' he's out there. The Dude. Takin' 'er easy for all us sinners.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic