illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Able to login but nothing loads

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Yargol gro-Lurkul View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yargol gro-Lurkul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Able to login but nothing loads
    Posted: 11 Apr 2019 at 00:16
I have logged in the last two days via Google Chrome in case that matters. Both days nothing has loaded. The tabs at top of screen show up and I'm assuming are clickable because the search bar changes but nothing is loading, I couldn't do the in-game petition process because none of the mini tabs are loading.
Frodo View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frodo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2019 at 08:59
Have you enabled javascript?

New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yargol gro-Lurkul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2019 at 03:13
Yep, I just checked the settings and it says javascript is enabled.
Tensmoor View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tensmoor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2019 at 08:37
Try loging in to the non-https version at: http://elgea.illyriad.co.uk/Account/LogOn

If I'm remembering and thinking correctly then that should help flush your dns cache. I've also noticed that sometimes privacy settings in a browser can block the loading of things.

On the subject of things not loading open the Network tab in Chrome Developer Tools:
To open the developer console window on Chrome, use the keyboard shortcut Ctrl Shift J (on Windows) or Ctrl Option J (on Mac).
That will show if any of the files were blocked from loading. You can also look at the Console tab to see if there are any errors.
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yargol gro-Lurkul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2019 at 03:10
I'm not great with computers but I did what you said and evidently there must be something going on because it says failed to load resource three times, err_content_decoding_failed, and some uncaught ReferenceError and TypeError. Something about a parser-blocking cross site script. Unfortunately, I do not know what any of that means though.
Llannedd View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Llannedd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2019 at 03:44
Try logging in with a different browser, like Firefox. If that works then something is obviously wrong with Chrome; try disabling any add-ons if you have any. If not then you might consider removing Chrome and reinstalling it.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic