illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

A question for H?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
KillerPoodle View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KillerPoodle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2014 at 06:05
Sphen - better to ask how many players we took a couple of cities from during the war and then stopped attacking to move on to other targets - I'll give you a hint - many.

Re: Invictusa - my recollection is that he quit after the first 2 cities and then we cleaned up the rest. Aside from a bunch of sabre rattling from Eval - no one's presented any evidence to show otherwise.

Lets pretend it's true though and you found one example where our policy failed, I can find many more where it did not fail and on the flip side how many people have the NSGA Alliance resettled to the noob ring?

Edited by KillerPoodle - 30 Jun 2014 at 06:07
"This is a bad idea and we shouldn't do it." - endorsement by HM

"a little name-calling is a positive thing." - Rill
HATHALDIR View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HATHALDIR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2014 at 06:09
uhm.. the topic...the question....is there an answer?
There's worse blokes than me!!
KillerPoodle View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KillerPoodle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2014 at 06:18
It is more important to understand the why of the question :) 

Why would you like to know and what benefit does it provide to give an answer?
"This is a bad idea and we shouldn't do it." - endorsement by HM

"a little name-calling is a positive thing." - Rill
SunStorm View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SunStorm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2014 at 06:23
Originally posted by HATHALDIR HATHALDIR wrote:

A question to help me formulate an opinion.
Did every war you parcticipated in before the current one, did it end by the other side surrendering?
If the outcomes of wars are unfamiliar to you, then I suggest you dig through the forums and read about the history of Illyriad (Noki has a great thread for this - I believe Lorre did one as well). 

But I have been racking my brain to see where this line of questioning is going...and how it will help you formulate an opinion.  Is the purpose of the question to imply that Harmless has gone undefeated, or that every alliance has either been met with the option of surrender or annihilation?  Because I can recall a couple names which deny the latter...names of accounts which Harmless (following their attacks) neutralized the military threat but allowed to remain in the game even though they would never officially "surrender." 

(Opps, just saw H? reply as well with the same thought in mind...wanting to know the why of the question)

"Side? I am on nobody's side because nobody is on my side" ~LoTR

Deranzin View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Deranzin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2014 at 07:40
Originally posted by Spheniscidae Spheniscidae wrote:

P.S. Did H? continue to attack those opponents from the last war who continued to fight against them even when the rest of their alliance had made peace? E.g. invictusa... 

Invictusa left his alliance, created his own codenamed RED (iirc) and kept attacking in a Kamekaze fashion till he left ... will you ever write something accurate for once .?. Tongue

Edit:

There you go for some proof :
http://elgea.illyriad.co.uk/external/player_history.asp?PlayerID=123214

The alliance was named "Betrayed" because he disagreed with the peace negotiations and the codename was indeed "Red"
/edit

uhm.. the topic...the question....is there an answer?

Last time I checked H? is not your encyclopedia to query at will ... the reasons why you ask the question and what your follow-up argument is, are so transparent and so many times discussed, addressed and resolved that it is getting ludicrous for your side to create a new topic every time the last one does not go as you'd wish it to go ...

By now you should have realized that regardless of how many similar topics you create in a vain attempt to "bury" the previous once, the outcome will remain the same.

Edited by Deranzin - 30 Jun 2014 at 07:47

Just like a "before and after" ad ! ahahahaah :p
HATHALDIR View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HATHALDIR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2014 at 10:07
Actually it was a pretty simple question that i wanted to make sure that i was not wrong, and what better way than to go to the source!

I will take it that every other alliance has surrendered to H? due to the amount of gerrymandering.

And i will start as many topics as i like regarding what ever issue i like as long as it is in the terms and conditions of the game. If you do not like what i am posting either ignore it or argue your point, but please do not denigrate me as i have done nothing wrong

There's worse blokes than me!!
Deranzin View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deranzin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2014 at 10:13

Actually it was a pretty simple question that i wanted to make sure that i was not wrong, and what better way than to go to the source!

Good, let us say I believe you. In which case the answer is that the question has already been answered many times in these very same fora. Smile

And i will start as many topics as i like regarding what ever issue i like as long as it is in the terms and conditions of the game. If you do not like what i am posting either ignore it or argue your point, but please do not denigrate me as i have done nothing wrong

I never told you to not make any more topics, please read carefully ... I just said that the tactic of opening a new topic every time the last one doesn't go as you imagined/wished/planned, is just not working. By all means keep making new ones, you know I like them ... LOL

Hora View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Hora Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2014 at 10:27
... For the record... VIC had accepted peace terms, after long considerations, to end the war. We wanted the war to end, because we were nor are a fighters alliance, and had no chance to win it. Many players left because fighting a war is far more time consuming than living at peace and building cities.

So, e.g. Jasche indead might have been a victim to the war, but not to H?   -  important difference! And Invictusas one player alliance was suicide from the start... (nor more nor less).

H? is right when claiming there was no imminent threat of annihilation, it just wasn't enough fun anymore to carry on...  Wink

For me it took some time to notice, that no honourfull goal can make up loosing the fun playing this game.

Thus - and this goes to both sides of the war:   

Do you have still fun fighting the war? 
Then keep on fighting and quit talking. Else quit fighting, simple as that
Hug

Sir A View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sir A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2014 at 19:06
Its amazing how no one from H? has been able to answer such a simple question.  Of course we all know the answer and we all know the reason this war is still happening is because H? is too full of themselves to admit defeat.  Yes I said defeat.  You lost.  It happens.  Get over it.  
Deranzin View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deranzin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2014 at 20:11
Originally posted by Sir A Sir A wrote:

Its amazing how no one from H? has been able to answer such a simple question.  Of course we all know the answer and we all know the reason this war is still happening is because H? is too full of themselves to admit defeat.  Yes I said defeat.  You lost.  It happens.  Get over it.  

Well, I bet that many people can answer it pretty well ... the problem is that Hathaldir will have to make a new topic and ask again just like the other times we did address the same question ... Tongue

As far as I am concerned I do prefer to see him interject and ask the same thing again and again in this topic, instead of going to another one and filling the forum with similar topics ...

I will only say that I find quite funny two logical issues with his motive behind the question :

1) The logic that since something worked once ergo it will work in the future, forever and unchanged, without adapting to the new situations, is quite obviously wrong. Surrendering only works on people that are willing to surrender and that is all it takes to stop that tactic from working. Tongue  Just adapt instead of still trying to use out of seer frustration the same tactic which worked on yourself. I understand his need for vengeance and of course he wants a surrender just to feel nice about it, but it ain't happening. Move on.

2) After your side tilted the table and changed all the informal "rules of engagement" that existed in this game, it is quite a logical leap that you ask for the informal "standard way of ending a war" to still apply. If you wanted a surrender you should never have crossed lines which your opponents can never accept (massive destruction of multiple accounts). Then again, knowing Hathaldir's "quest for revenge" my guess is that this is exactly why he crossed those lines in the first place in order to create the current mayhem. Wink

I think that only those two are enough for him to make a new topic ! ahaahahh

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic