illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

A few things...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
The_Spartan View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The_Spartan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A few things...
    Posted: 25 Nov 2019 at 00:08
Hello everyone, I actually wanted to avoid coming to these forums but I wanted to say a few things since I have been hearing bad rumours spreading around...

I am only The_Spartan. My old account used to be Strabo, as many might be aware of. I did, however, sit countless other accounts already. But I never - repeat - never, pretended to be them. Even when strangers spoke to me (when I was sitting those accounts), I always said - "I am not the account owner". Also note that certain other factors, like email, prove nothing.
Some weasels have been trying to frame me for longer than 1 year. Either innocent players on innocent alliances harvesting my stuff over and over again after being warned, trying to cause friction for a conflict, guys on innocent alliances settling towns right next door to mine (most of the time, players with a curious nickname, might I add) trying to cause friction for conflict as well, or simply, alleged friends of mine telling me to do something in their behalf and trying to get me framed in the process. Or even funny guys causing problems around and leaving you to fix the mess - more than once, trying to tarnish your reputation in the process as if you were somehow involved in the drama.
I don't give a damn about SS. Let the big boys have all SS they want. I won't take the bait again for something so irrelevant to me. I didn't buy SS, nor sell it, if that is what you are wondering. I always wanted to avoid problems.
Some funny players out there renamed their alts previously into something pretty similar to one of my sister's accounts (accounts I sit/sat for instance), just, once more, trying to make me look like someone else, someone else everyone hates and/or got a tarnished reputation even darker than certain smelly things out there
Frankly I don't really care about in-game conflicts since all I was doing was chatting with people around and having fun just by building my cities, hunting, crafting and selling and even helping others, but some little bastards just want to force your hand into said conflicts that are either 1º irrelevant to me 2º pointless 3º exercise in futility 4º will demand too much attention for almost no fun. Frankly don't know why I can't just be minding my own bussiness instead of PVPing, but some people are just like that. Taking a game so small/old/outdated as Illyriad as if we were speaking of something that just came out of the oven... Instead of letting the innocent bystanders enjoy their time with the simple things of life.
I am sorry if I jeopardized the safety of some of my associates/people trying to be useful, but it was never my intention to do so. F2P games always attract a certain type of players of questionable reputation, so although I am no snitch, people could see everything I did and heard. Frankly, again, I don't understand why they do this in a game like Illyriad - a game that launched on 2010 and was pratically outdated already (back at launch), but that is just the reality of things. Also note, that since they were "alleged friends of mine" - they kept blaming some people around for the... bad events hapening to me. Since they were my friends - I had no reason to not believe them so I might have said something I regret nowadays, specially since they always provided "legitimate proof" - like IGMs. They are very good at fabricating evidence, I have to give them that much.
Certain alleged friends of mine, are way above their allowed number of accounts. Problem is, they kept speaking to me from all their accounts, and before recently, I wasn't even aware they were the 1 and the same. So in some cases, I did hurt them in the process, specially since they have a tendency of speaking badly about themselves across multiple accounts. This is what happens when you do what you shouldn't do - it backfires in the foot, for you and and everyone involved. Had I known the truth, in most cases I wouldn't have done what I did. As the peaceful person I am, I rarely took direct action against them, but you can obviously act to the detriment of a player without sending 1 single soldier against his towns - in my case, I denied assistance and took certain actions since I wasn't aware of their power. Might have annoyed them, might have not. In the end it is their own fault but they prefer to think it is mine. The funny part is that a lot of people were aware of who they were - but since these things aren't openly spoken, how is a guy that joined in 2017 and that was barred from diplomacy (since it wasn't my prerogative) and was never made aware of anything and never had acess to anything but the discord channel at ICE (which was pratically inactive 90% of the time) supposed to know the truth? I always wondered and kept asking people why they thought I was X or Y person, but they always refused to tell me why. Next time do yourself and the new player a favor and be as direct as you can be.

On a side note, I am back, and please next time someone goes inactive for a while, try to bother sending an IGM to get the confirmation said players stopped playing. In my case, I never got a single IGM and none of my "friends" even bothered sending me a message on steam to speak about it. They were all quickly to siege me but they never uttered one single word about it. "Oh we thought you were inactive" - Of course you did. Some didn't even give an answer since I came back, and at this point I don't even expect compensation for all the towns I lost, thanks to my "friends". Did someone actually say I was gone in my behalf or something like that? I wonder...

Sorry for the wall of post. I don't have any problem towards anyone and that is why I am not even refering any names. I am merely posting this, so that the people that have the wrong idea about me know the truth.

Enjoy your day, fine gentlebeings!
OssianII View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OssianII Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2019 at 10:37
Clap
“If anyone was to ask for my opinion, which I note they’re not, I’d say we were taking the long way around.”
Gimli son of Gloin.
Hiei View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hiei Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2019 at 17:11
To be frank Spartan, I honestly feel like you’re taking the game a bit too serious and you take too many peoples’ opinions in the game very serious to the point that you’re delusional. At times it’s pretty scary. There may be some truth to some degree but the people are probably manipulating you or trying to get information out of you by telling you many lies. When people are even being 100% honest with you I don’t even think you would believe them simply because you don’t know who is trying to manipulate or be a true friend and it’s hurting you.

If it were me I would move on completely from my old friend group or play solo and play the way I wanted.

Cheers

Toki/hiei
Dreamz View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dreamz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2019 at 23:36
This is my first post on the forums. Spartan, I will respect you, your game, and your views by not debating your points 1 through 6.

However, I will not stand the slander of ICE or its former members just because you thought our relative inactivity implied secrecy. As an Officer of ICE just like you, I knew exactly as much information as you did; in fact, you were even promoted to your position (Chief Intelligence Officer) before I was promoted to mine (Chief Financial Officer). Given your size, alliance position, and level of activity higher than all the other ICE officers combined, you have no reason to plead ignorance and slander that we hid the truth from you.

I do not even know if you are directing the whole of your #7 at ICE members/officers specifically (although it certainly appears to be the case), but let it be known that we did/do not have the time to set up some elaborate scheme to fool you. We are here to play a casual game. We prioritize our IRL lives over Illy. Simply put, this game does not matter that much to us, and very few of us have the time to play for 6+ hours a day like you did. If our diplomatic knowledge just wasn't enough to satisfy your needs, you should have quit the alliance sooner.

At the end of the day, I have to agree with most of the points Toki made. Back when I knew you in ICE, it seemed like you spent most of your time awake behind the computer screen. Yes, there could be those out there in the Illy-verse seeking to manipulate you, or those who care more about the game than you, but your former alliance-mates in ICE are not in that category.

Open your eyes and stop throwing about false accusations at those who only mean you well.

To make things clear, I speak for ICE, and ICE members alone. My current place in EE has nothing to do with this issue and should not be taken into consideration in any way.

Edited by Dreamz - 25 Nov 2019 at 23:40
OssianII View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OssianII Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2019 at 09:45
Originally posted by Dreamz Dreamz wrote:

This is my first post on the forums. Spartan, I will respect you, your game, and your views by not debating your points 1 through 6.

However, I will not stand the slander of ICE or its former members just because you thought our relative inactivity implied secrecy. As an Officer of ICE just like you, I knew exactly as much information as you did; in fact, you were even promoted to your position (Chief Intelligence Officer) before I was promoted to mine (Chief Financial Officer). Given your size, alliance position, and level of activity higher than all the other ICE officers combined, you have no reason to plead ignorance and slander that we hid the truth from you.

I do not even know if you are directing the whole of your #7 at ICE members/officers specifically (although it certainly appears to be the case), but let it be known that we did/do not have the time to set up some elaborate scheme to fool you. We are here to play a casual game. We prioritize our IRL lives over Illy. Simply put, this game does not matter that much to us, and very few of us have the time to play for 6+ hours a day like you did. If our diplomatic knowledge just wasn't enough to satisfy your needs, you should have quit the alliance sooner.

At the end of the day, I have to agree with most of the points Toki made. Back when I knew you in ICE, it seemed like you spent most of your time awake behind the computer screen. Yes, there could be those out there in the Illy-verse seeking to manipulate you, or those who care more about the game than you, but your former alliance-mates in ICE are not in that category.

Open your eyes and stop throwing about false accusations at those who only mean you well.

To make things clear, I speak for ICE, and ICE members alone. My current place in EE has nothing to do with this issue and should not be taken into consideration in any way.

Looking at The_Spartan's post, he refers to ICE briefly in a generalised way. ICE is an alliance which no longer exists and so The_Spartan is not naming nor is he implying any wrong  done by specific players. The only person who confirms that former ICE members may have been playing contrary to rules is you Dreamz. The_Spartan was making a generalised point about game play he didn't directly accuse anyone.

Originally posted by Hiei Hiei wrote:

To be frank Spartan, I honestly feel like you’re taking the game a bit too serious and you take too many peoples’ opinions in the game very serious to the point that you’re delusional. At times it’s pretty scary. There may be some truth to some degree but the people are probably manipulating you or trying to get information out of you by telling you many lies. When people are even being 100% honest with you I don’t even think you would believe them simply because you don’t know who is trying to manipulate or be a true friend and it’s hurting you.

If it were me I would move on completely from my old friend group or play solo and play the way I wanted.

Cheers

Toki/hiei
In my experience you are one of the most manipulative and sneaky players in this game. You have recently been involved in a campaign against one single player  and to my knowledge this is not the first time. You have the nerve to try and pass yourself off as someone who can advise on honesty. You do not know the meaning of the word!!!
“If anyone was to ask for my opinion, which I note they’re not, I’d say we were taking the long way around.”
Gimli son of Gloin.
Dreamz View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dreamz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2019 at 20:39
Originally posted by OssianII OssianII wrote:

Looking at The_Spartan's post, he refers to ICE briefly in a generalised way. ICE is an alliance which no longer exists and so The_Spartan is not naming nor is he implying any wrong  done by specific players. The only person who confirms that former ICE members may have been playing contrary to rules is you Dreamz. The_Spartan was making a generalised point about game play he didn't directly accuse anyone.

In my opinion, Spartan had no reason to name-drop ICE in #7 other than to call its former members out for hiding the truth. I apologize for failing to provide background information about this issue, but he has made this intent explicitly clear to me in PCs and Discord DMs for months, the contents of which I all have but are not to be disclosed publicly on this forum.

Regardless, if being a midwife to truth only serves to insinuate the innocent, I will fall silent and speak no more. Let it be known though, that the truth was heard.

I wish you all the best,
Dreamz

Edited by Dreamz - 26 Nov 2019 at 20:41
Lumelthien View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lumelthien Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2019 at 00:21
You guys are so damned silly
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The_Spartan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2019 at 17:29

(Chief Intelligence Officer)

While I would be very happy to answer a lot of things you liked to point out, let me clear this one out for you...

Chief Intelligence Officer only had to take care of diplomatic units (spies/scouts/etc), as well as training people in how to use them. That is what my predecessor did, and that is what I was told to do when I was promoted.

In my opinion, Spartan had no reason to name-drop ICE in #7 other than to call its former members out for hiding the truth. I apologize for failing to provide background information about this issue, but he has made this intent explicitly clear to me in PCs and Discord DMs for months, the contents of which I all have but are not to be disclosed publicly on this forum.

I ask forgiveness for not being a native english speaker, but let's be honest... I was very clear in what I said. I said that I "never had acess to anything but the discord channel at ICE (which was pratically inactive 90% of the time)", which is the truth. I am aware of certain backchannels but I never frequented them. I don't see how I was slandering ICE by saying that the discord channel was pratically inactive. As you pointed out, you wanted to play a casual game right? So no problem with inactivity once in a while, I suppose.

I didn't say that ICE, or any of its members, was involved in anything at all. If you assume so, that is your own conclusion, not what my words stated.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On a side note, I was also told certain people did try to impersonate me in private channels, but like I said above to Dreamz, I never had acess to any backchannels. I only communicate in-game, or through steam. I did use Discord and did have acess to ICE's public and private channels (only) in the past though, but I stopped using Discord at all.

I even heard from certain sources that some people accused me of spying. Which is ridiculous, since all my accounts were on ICE. My sister did have one on nCrow and another on Rebel, but that is all - she never even asked for any link / permission to acess their channel on slack/discord/whatever program they may use. And while some people might have fictional sisters and many other family members, let me tell you I do have a brother and a sister indeed.

I even made Grombrindal aware that my sister was on nCrow, and if there was any problem about that at all. And on Rebel, she was on the top 5 donators in terms of prestige. So much for spying, right? And just for the record, the nCrow alliance channel (in-game) was pretty much dead most of the time (I did sit her for a while so I did see it myself), so even if I wanted to spy, I couldn't get any valuable info from it.

... Some people just go to any length in order to frame you... I hope people realize that.
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The_Spartan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2019 at 17:41
I wanted to edit my previous post to mention, that back when Night Squires disbanded, my sister also had the option to join Tcol instead of nCrow - but she prefered nCrow, a far more casual and inactive alliance. If we suppose that my sister never existed, and that I was truly a spy - why would I do that. Why wouldn't I join Tcol instead, and learn everything I could possibly want to know? Also, why would I stay out of discord / slack / whatever?

Just my 2 cents.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic