Play Now Login Create Account
illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedA diplomacy tournament

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Southern Dwarf View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Direct Link To This Post Topic: A diplomacy tournament
    Posted: 22 Jan 2012 at 14:41
As well as I like Illy I am more than fed up with fighting tournaments. So imagine a different tournament like this:

Mysterious cloaked structures apear all over the map to help some sinister purpose. To challenge them ancients texts must be found to prepare rituals to reveal them.

The tournament would have two stages:

I At first you would have to use your scouts to find those writings at the special buildings in your region. Temples in Larn for example. Then you would have to prepare a ritual at those places with a recept you just found(send a small amount of different ress to the place). The structures would then uncloak for three days and spies would be sent to search for clues how to destroy them. After that you send your saboteurs to level them. Later they would cloak again and you would have to visit a different special building to use another but different ritual.

II If enough structures are destroyed the cabal which placed them in first place will be revealed. As they and their slaves hide around the world they must be found be assassins to put a timely end to their actions.

Player competion evolves around the number of structures which are destroyed in the first and the number of circle members assassinated in the second part.

But if there are too many saboteurs they kill themselves and each other together with the building. If there are not enough the building is only damaged but not destroyed. So one could sabotage each other by sending more saboteurs to other buildings.
And if you send too much assassins the circle members smell the trap and flee but if there are not enough the more potent leaders might kill them first.
Also known as Afaslizo ingame.
Rill View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General
Player Council - Geographer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2012 at 21:04
The Human Statues mystery was not a tournament but started out as a search for the statues.   This sounds like it would be fun, even though I'm not a fan of map crawling in general.  (Just me personally, some people really like it and more power to you!)
abstractdream View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2012 at 22:28
I think the more the merrier. A little bit of something for everyone.

The more options there are the more participation there is and player retention goes up, I think.
Bonfyr Verboo
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic