Play Now Login Create Account
illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedA blight by any other name...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Amroth View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Direct Link To This Post Topic: A blight by any other name...
    Posted: 11 May 2011 at 09:22

Below is a copy of a letter sent to me and my response, be it noted for the record.  I feel fully justified putting this up as the matter has been broached by Carl in global Chat. > RE: Talks
> Received: 11 May 2011 08:14
> Original Message:

Greetings Amroth

As you have seen and quickly threatened me about, yes i did break the siege on Cerbs city but to start with I would like to stress that it was solely me acting alone, outside the eyes of my new guild CoK and as such wish to see no repurcussions brought upon them. In adition, my act of breaking your siege was not an act of hostily towards you, rather an act of defense and a favor to a player who help me grow early on in my game. Now as to the hostile message you sent me. Although, seeing as you and I have never had a direct quarrel and as such would like to believe that your message was sent in jest, due to the ammount of time I have put into this game, that is not a chance I can take. If you were serious in your threat I would like to open talks with you regarding the prevention of future hostilities. On a sidenote, as I am sure you are fully aware (being a journalist and all), I was once a member of Dark Blight but chose to leave when A) I grew tired over the constant wars that never seemed to be over anything at all, and B) the loss of friends and innactive players. I hope to hear back from you soon so that we can work to reach a state of mutual respect. 

Sincerely

Carl Zeis

You Sir seem to have made it your business to glean some information about me. I am curious to know how you seem to be aware of my profession. Though I will not expect you to be honest. As to your attack upon my forces. You are without honor to attack me as a neutral party. You say you are protecting a friend, the account is indeed inactive. As a ranking member of an alliance guild, it seems to me very reckless to commit an open act of hostility towards my soldiers, without first some note of your concern or connection to my activities regarding a city which belonds to another alliance and whose true owner is not even active. I wonder if your alliance members were first warned of your actions or the possible consequences. It is within my right to hold all the members of your guild accountable for your actions. That is what alliance is all about. Those who are your A-l-l-i-e-s. I have seen your alliance lists before and know full well most members former DB and no love lost. Just proof (and laughable) how rats flee a sinking ship.

You say you were defending DB interest, yet You all stood by for an entire week while I sieged Aberdon at esplanade and reduced his city from 14000 to under 900? I only voluntarilly withdrew my siege Today rather than raze his city, because he reported he was unable to effectively conduct a defense because of a glitch, and could not sally? I did not fully understand this since he had sallied several times, all to no avail, yet I have had only honesty from aberdon and regard him as a valiant combatant. The fact that you would let him be smashed by the enemy and offer no help reveals your quality. Your undeclared attack upon my forces confirms it. Regardless of whether aberdon was honest about the glitch, I withdrew my forces because Champions are generous opponents. We are The Eternal Champions. It is right that it should be so. If Enmity to is ours to show, to be an honest, generous foe... From a poem 'My Creed' written by a 'journalist' I believe it was Edgar Guest. This is our motivation and the quality of our Character Sir. I do not expect you to comprehend. 

Our general dilemma is still untouched. I am dedicated to razing all former DB holdings, and you seem intent on resisting this. I must say that sinse a confrontation seems inevitable, I will skip the inactive DB and deal with the active one. I concider you to be a dark blight agent no matter your clown costume guise. I will acquiesse to your request that this matter be between us, so long as I have no reports to the contrary. It matters little. If you're alliance was thrice it's strength you would still be overmatched by even one Eternal Champion. Consider this my declaration old boy. You will now become fully aquainted with the Elven custom of Vendetta. Understand That I will post this as evidence that I have been attacked and provoked. When I am avenged to a sufficient degree, I shall offer terms.

Regards, Amroth Anguireal

Edited by Amroth - 11 May 2011 at 09:30
Gemley View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2011 at 21:44
another drama to watch, maybe i could even be a secert agent in it! its Gem Bonds from now on!

Edited by Gemley - 11 May 2011 at 21:45
Clavius Vile View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2011 at 21:48
LMAO, good one Gemley!
[18:24]<Johnny112> books are an advance resource. They're similar to, but not the same as books
lokifeyson View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2011 at 02:54
its Bond...Gem Bond
Carl Zeis View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2011 at 05:27
Although I am low on time currently and was not able to spend a sufficient amount of time check the first messages for any changes (I am not saying any were made) I did send that initial message to Amroth. In addition to these though, there was another set of responses from both sides which Amroth failed to include. In order to paint a full picture I will include them below:

Sent By:You
Received By:AmrothAnguireal [CHAMP]
Date:5/11/2011 9:46:06 AM

In regards to your profession although I do not expect you to believe me, it was somethign that was brought up over alliance chat while I was still in DB. As for attacking my honor I would just have to retort that where is the honor in attacking a player who cannot defend himself. I simply acted as his protector due to the kindness he showed me from the start. As to your final paragraph the reason why I have a problem with you razing all of DB's holdings is because you no longer appear to be razing players for their actions but rather the players because of a name. Finally, if I end up taking a blow for someone who would have done the same had I been defenseless, 
 then at least it will happen with a clear conscience on my part. 

Sent By:AmrothAnguireal [CHAMP]
Received By:You
Date:5/11/2011 10:07:53 AM

You speak of XcerberusX as though he were lying somewhere in a coma. If he cared about his account he should be active and he has been not for many days. You have been sitting his account and you could have attacked me with his forces, yet you did not. You sent a different force after I told you as XcerbX on the chat to look to the cliffs. Your explanation also holds no water as you made no move to support Aberdon. Even when his city was ringed with armies from 2 alliances. So you would throw yourself under a bus to save a friend's house that he has indeed abandoned? I say that you were protecting it not as his friend but so you could use it as an alternate account to move through and further your own agenda. You are a coward and a manipulating serpant. You will have a thorough chance to repent your transgression as 20,000 troops disassemble your towers stone by stone.

Cheers, Amroth Anguireal

I would also like to include that in the attack where I defended cerbs cities, I lost 473 troops and Amroth lost only 377 troops and 2 catapults which can be verified through the actual attack report. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic