Play Now Login Create Account
illyriad
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - 31Mar13 Military Unit Production Time Adjustments
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic Closed31Mar13 Military Unit Production Time Adjustments

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 11>
Author
opk View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2013 at 20:58
i knew you would be happy, Rorgash ^^'
Old Penitent Knight
jordigui View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2013 at 21:05
 The rationale is to f*ck humans ... as the other major release ...
 THanks anyway
 PS. Could you also try to fix the combat system, as has already been reported in petitions.
opk View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2013 at 21:10
Humans will not be as simple to play as before now that there's more interest in building human def units. Maybe should change this on the welcomming page description. Elf is the easiest to play. 
Old Penitent Knight
Sloter View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2013 at 21:16
I wonder if devs considered all aspects with this release.While cavalry only looked stronger then all other units it was perfectly balanced with other since its main use was as fast respons unit against sieges.This release will only benefit regional alliances, while spread out alliances will be harder to defend since now cavalry would not be able to remove sieges in time due to greater troop numbers involved in defending sieges.If anything this has not brought balance, it has just created situations in which it is easier then ever to siege towns considering disproportion of cavalry unit train time compared to deff unit train time.
JimJams View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2013 at 21:33
the changes are big, and probably exploitable in some way (be sure I will study it deeply)
I don't have an opinion about it at the moment, but I think changes like that can completely change the way a player see his/her account.

As a MINIMUM I think players should now have an option to change their race. 
It is not that hard to do, and you can limit the changes if you fear for abuse.(a change every 3 month ? something like that)
JimJams View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2013 at 21:34
Originally posted by Sloter Sloter wrote:

I wonder if devs considered all aspects with this release.While cavalry only looked stronger then all other units it was perfectly balanced with other since its main use was as fast respons unit against sieges.This release will only benefit regional alliances, while spread out alliances will be harder to defend since now cavalry would not be able to remove sieges in time due to greater troop numbers involved in defending sieges.If anything this has not brought balance, it has just created situations in which it is easier then ever to siege towns considering disproportion of cavalry unit train time compared to deff unit train time.

Cavalry is and will be still overpowered. Anyone who don't say  that, is an human :-)
JimJams View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2013 at 21:38
By the way developers, if this is a try to make defense stronger, it is the wrong way, absolutely.
We need better city defense, or, even better, a better city war interaction, where siege and defense are way more complex than how it is now. Actually even most of the already present mechanic of siege is unused (i.e. sally forth is pratically impossible to use because of the very easy way you can wipe a garrison INSIDE the city, even before to drop down walls).
Shella View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2013 at 21:41
So does this mark another aspect of the war mechanics that is unfair?  
Knowledge to the ignorant is just ignorance, knowledge to the wise is Wisdom.
opk View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2013 at 21:49
Originally posted by JimJams JimJams wrote:

As a MINIMUM I think players should now have an option to change their race. 
It is not that hard to do, and you can limit the changes if you fear for abuse.(a change every 3 month ? something like that)

I would follow you on that suggestion JimJams, +1

About human cavalry talkings, Sloter isnt a human. Im human though and i would follow what Sloter said about cav. As i said, direct attacks against cities dont do any serious damage as far as the target is active (can avoid), while cities are often on plains (7 food). And with this release, cavalry is getting less effective on mountains and forests (which sound normal though) against orcs and elves, than previously, which is a furthur issue for siege breaking as siges are very often setted on mountains and forests. Cav is still impressive on plains, which is good for leveling up the commanders. But overall cavalry gets less useful, that is sure. 
I couldnt really say if it's good or bad for the moment, the cav subject is complex... but they'd get less useful during wars i think. As i said, attack power means def ability. They would get more useful if it was possible to inflict more damage to cities with attack stratagem, that's my opinion.

Edited by opk - 31 Mar 2013 at 21:52
Old Penitent Knight
opk View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2013 at 21:51
Originally posted by JimJams JimJams wrote:

We need better city defense, or, even better, a better city war interaction, where siege and defense are way more complex than how it is now. Actually even most of the already present mechanic of siege is unused (i.e. sally forth is pratically impossible to use because of the very easy way you can wipe a garrison INSIDE the city, even before to drop down walls).

didnt read your post before my last post. It joins my comment about cav in some ways. +1
Old Penitent Knight
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 11>
  Share Topic