Play Now Login Create Account
illyriad
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - 31Mar13 Military Unit Production Time Adjustments
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic Closed31Mar13 Military Unit Production Time Adjustments

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011>
Author
Sloter View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2013 at 20:48
Like opk said they sentinels are not equivalent to truehots they are more effectiv then trushots now, in same given production time sentinel give better deff stats then trueshots, and keep same off stats.When commander that gives deff divisonal bonuse is used on sentinel army while they are defending that advantage of sentinels over trushots in increased even more.They are also cheaper to make and they are faster which makes them good for attacks especily considering that in future there will be more spear units used to protect siege camps then there was before and those have low deff against attacking bows.
Arakamis View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2013 at 21:05
Originally posted by Sloter Sloter wrote:

Like opk said they sentinels are not equivalent to truehots they are more effectiv then trushots now, in same given production time sentinel give better deff stats then trueshots, and keep same off stats.When commander that gives deff divisonal bonuse is used on sentinel army while they are defending that advantage of sentinels over trushots in increased even more.They are also cheaper to make and they are faster which makes them good for attacks especily considering that in future there will be more spear units used to protect siege camps then there was before and those have low deff against attacking bows.

That is, imo, the idea behind this update, to promote usage of different types of troops.
opk View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2013 at 21:15
Did the same for Orcs spears. I let you judge by yourself:

train time gold unkeep Move speed carrying cap attck Sp def Sw def Bow def Cav def
T1 Spear 370 1 8 25 9 12 12 6 13
old T2 Spear 1200 2 6 18 19 18 18 11 33
new T2 Spear 890 2 6 18 19 18 18 11 33
attck Sp def Sw def Bow def Cav def
Power/time T1 Spear 0,024 0,032 0,032 0,016 0,035
old T2 Spear 0,016 0,015 0,015 0,009 0,028
new T2 Spear 0,021 0,020 0,020 0,012 0,037
Power/gold T1 Spear 9,0 12,0 12,0 6,0 13,0
old T2 Spear 9,5 9,0 9,0 5,5 16,5
new T2 Spear 9,5 9,0 9,0 5,5 16,5
Beer spear leather chain
Wp demand T1 Spear 1 1 0 0
old T2 Spear 1 2 1 1
new T2 Spear 1 2 1 1
dmnd/time T1 Spear 0,00270 0,00270 0,00000 0,00000
old T2 Spear 0,00083 0,00167 0,00083 0,00083
new T2 Spear 0,00112 0,00225 0,00112 0,00112
Old Penitent Knight
Kumomoto View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2013 at 21:58
Originally posted by Sloter Sloter wrote:

Actually that what Opk's table shows is that this only true for ongoing wartime production, not standing armies. Quite the opposite for building your standing armies.
Sloter View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2013 at 22:35
I have probably calculated things diferently then opk since i used train times from lvl 20 barracks, i just compared stats of 10 sentinels trained within 62,5 min to 6,25 trueshots trained within same time time of 62.5 min.I dont know why i chosen those times, maybe because it was easier to calculate on paper with help of cell phone calculator.Anyway it looks to me that it pays of to train sentinels even in peace time, especialy since they would get 10-15% bonus from comm with divisional deff upgrade not to mention speed and profit made on cows/leather armour.I am not that good with math so maybe i have miscalculated.I am not sure about gold, i think it is 20/19 or so ratio on favor of trueshots being cheaper but i dont think that should stop anyone from making sentinels.

10 sentinels     attack   200  spear deff  230 bow deff  240 sword deff 230     cav deff 160
6,25 trueshots attack   200 spear deff   225 bow deff  225 sword deff 212.5  cav deff 156.25
opk View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2013 at 22:43
Originally posted by Kumomoto Kumomoto wrote:

Actually that what Opk's table shows is that this only true for ongoing wartime production, not standing armies. Quite the opposite for building your standing armies.

Well actually, not in the case of sentinels and trueshots. When you look at the table, you see that there is no significative difference of power given per gold unkeep between sentinels and trueshots. That means that with the same gold production pool, you will have as many power with sentinels than with trueshots, for All stats. And now, power given per time for sentinels equals the one for trueshots. So you can max out your power in as many time with sentinels than with trueshots and end up with the same overall power. 

This is not the exact same story for orcs spears though, where maxed out army of T1 is less good in attack and  cav def than T2, but better for the rest... so for them, it defavors the standing army, indeed, for cav def, and a bit for attack. Though, when you talk about ongoing wartime, T1 orc spears are amazing when you look how much more power you produce overtime for all stats, compared with old T2 orc spear unit. For some stat you produce twice more power/time than previously!! and of course they are cheaper and faster. (see table).
Edit: actually, T1 orc spear being cheaper than T2 in weapons is a say to balance: they ask much more beers and spears over time than T2 (see table), but you can sell leather/livestock and chain to compensate that fact and create the gold needed to buy more beers and spears. 

Edited by opk - 01 Apr 2013 at 23:00
Old Penitent Knight
opk View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2013 at 22:53
You calculated it differently Sloter, but the result is the same. And shown like that, you see better that sentinels give even a little more power per training time, though im personnally thinking, seeing the very little bonus, that it's not the main argument to build sentinels instead of trueshots. Speed and mostly weapon demands being the main arguments.
Old Penitent Knight
Sloter View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2013 at 22:58
I agree that speed is most important, to compensate all those spears that will be used in deff in future.Considering bonuses that bows receive on mountains compared to cav penalties i think sentinels are good replacement for cavalry attacking siege camps on mountain which will probably in future have atleast 50% spear units which was not the case before.Even used for attacking sieges in forests they are more likely to get better results then cavalry considering that defender would use mostly spear for deff in forest.
opk View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2013 at 23:11
Sentinels are almost as fast as cavalry, and they have an excellent recovry time for mountain attack, for all the reasons developped in the preevious pages (less weapon restictions, more sov availability,...), so it's totally possible for them to replace cavalry in the role of siege breakers on mountains, and i agree even on forests. Poor cavalry... the problem about their decreasing usefulness is serious... while cavalry is a unit mainly used to defend onself.
Old Penitent Knight
Kumomoto View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2013 at 23:11
??? The power/gld is better for Trueshots in 3 of the 5 and equal in 1 of the 5...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011>
  Share Topic