illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

31JAN20 - REGULAR SEASONAL TOURNAMENTS

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Hiei View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Hiei Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2020 at 20:30
Greetings Illyrians,

I firmly believe that if you are going give regional bonuses to alliances it should be to the regional winners alone to give them a competitive edge and increase the chances that players will participate in the next upcoming tournament.

Not everyone needs a piece of candy, mkay?

Hiei
Dungshoveleux View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dungshoveleux Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2020 at 22:10
My alt enjoyed taking part, but since everyone has chosen food, what is the point of winning since ALL towns in an area get the bonus, even the losing towns. Logically, it would be better to ignore the tournament and just assume that the food bonus will stay.  The only reason to affect the outcome of the totem would be to prevent someone else keeping it inactive.
Rikkos View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rikkos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2020 at 22:22
I agree with Hiei!

Edited by Rikkos - 02 Mar 2020 at 22:24
Illy playername: Tamerlane. Used to play as Rikkos
Skorg View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skorg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2020 at 01:48
not everyone chose food, just most
zolvon View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zolvon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2020 at 05:29
All this food will have a big impact on many market prices.

Just a thought!
Yitshak View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yitshak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2020 at 09:36
https://elgea.illyriad.co.uk/#/World/Herald

Sooo - any hint as to what these "New choices in totemic enchantment are"
Remember to be nice to the squirrel.
Wartow View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wartow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2020 at 19:51
Originally posted by Yitshak Yitshak wrote:

https://elgea.illyriad.co.uk/#/World/Herald

Sooo - any hint as to what these "New choices in totemic enchantment are"

My speculations:

+ Mana Production
+ Research Point Production
+ Rune Effectiveness

Less likely speculations:

+ Blight Effectiveness
+ Geomancer Effectiveness 

Most unlikely speculations:

+ Diplo Visibility
+ Diplo bonuses (offense or defense)
+ Military bonuses (offense or defense)
+ Any type of production (other than basic res, mana, research) or crafting bonus.
+ Scribe of Allembine movement speed
theElderKing View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote theElderKing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2020 at 00:09
Well I agree with your research bonus thing. If we look at totem figures on Herald Page(here), we can see that centre figure is a vial, containing a green liquid. Research is represented in game by a flask containing green liquid. So most likely this totem will give research bonus. Research speed up maybe? Hopefully? Makes sense if we see it that way that only that city will get research speed up bonus which is located in the region where research totem is selected by winning alliance.

Anyway if we look at figure to the left of centre, we see a armoured warrior carrying two swords in the likeness of Men. 

Leftmost figure is heavily armoured carrying axe and definitely has beard. A dwarf !

Figure to the right is aggressive, certainly not-good-looking and wearing crude light armour and carrying rugged, cruel spears. Typical of Orcs Smile

Rightmost is fair looking...thing. With arrows and light armour but well crafted. And those sharp, keen eyes. ''Legolas what do your elf eyes see?'' LOL

Also consider second sentence from Herald Page.

...very minds and bodies of every denizen living in the affected region.

''every denizen in regions'' Well every denizen includes Elves, Dwarves, Orcs and Men.

I guess that it has something to do with races. Most likely attack/defense bonuses. Not sure though. Bonus can be anything but it has something to do with different races.

theElderKing View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theElderKing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2020 at 00:39
Originally posted by theElderKing theElderKing wrote:

Well I agree with your research bonus thing. If we look at totem figures on Herald Page(here), we can see that centre figure is a vial, containing a green liquid. Research is represented in game by a flask containing green liquid. So most likely this totem will give research bonus. Research speed up maybe? Hopefully? Makes sense if we see it that way that only that city will get research speed up bonus which is located in the region where research totem is selected by winning alliance.

Anyway if we look at figure to the left of centre, we see a armoured warrior carrying two swords in the likeness of Men. 

Leftmost figure is heavily armoured carrying axe and definitely has beard. A dwarf !

Figure to the right is aggressive, certainly not-good-looking and wearing crude light armour and carrying rugged, cruel spears. Typical of Orcs Smile

Rightmost is fair looking...thing. With arrows and light armour but well crafted. And those sharp, keen eyes. ''Legolas what do your elf eyes see?'' LOL

Also consider second sentence from Herald Page.

...very minds and bodies of every denizen living in the affected region.

''every denizen in regions'' Well every denizen includes Elves, Dwarves, Orcs and Men.

I guess that it has something to do with races. Most likely attack/defense bonuses. Not sure though. Bonus can be anything but it has something to do with different races.

Okay..I just realized my mistake. Orc and Elf figures are to the left of centre and Men and Dwarf figures are to the right. I have absolutely no idea how to edit posts so....
BrianN View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrianN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2020 at 22:54
Illy Iz Racist!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic