FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

31JAN20 - REGULAR SEASONAL TOURNAMENTS

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
GM Stormcrow View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
GM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GM Stormcrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2020 at 00:13
Originally posted by Eros Eros wrote:

Totems can not be 'turned off'?

Sure, if the Regional Winning Alliance chooses the 'Inactive Totem'.  

As above, in the FAQs:

In the end, everyone either stays resource neutral (if the "Inactive Totem" is chosen)... or they get something distinctly useful, chosen by the Regional Winning Alliance. 

Cheers,

SC
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
GM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GM Stormcrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2020 at 13:03
Originally posted by eowan the short eowan the short wrote:

One... slight issue. The inability to be kicked for a month seems like a potentially abuseable thing if people know it will happen regularly. 

[snip]

Could there be some way for an alliance leader to force recall a player in that alliance's troops from a tourney square or some other way of dealing with this?

It's an interesting question, but I do rather see this as an edge case.  This scenario has been possible in any other previous tournament we've run, and hasn't happened before.  It would seem to me that a possible workaround would be for the alliance who wish to be rid of the player to simply recall all their own armies just before a large hit on the tournament square, leaving the disruptive player to take the hit on their own, and thus leaving them without any troops on a tournament square, and the ability to be kicked.  That is, if kicking someone from the alliance is deemed more important to the alliance leadership than potentially winning or losing the square. 

I think it's unlikely that we'll implement such a 'forced recall' process.  Alliances are responsible for their own recruitment and vetting procedures, and I'm not sure the dev team should be spending time on providing people with easy solutions to problems of their own making :)

Regards,

SC

EDIT: typo

Edited by GM Stormcrow - 02 Feb 2020 at 13:04
Starry View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Starry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2020 at 15:23
Thanks for the tourney, current and future.    We're looking forward to regular tourneys in Harmless. :)

Happy 10th Anniversary Devs!!!  :)    Wow, I can't believe I've been playing for almost ten years...(next month).    
CEO, Harmless?
Founder of Toothless?

"Truth never dies."
-HonoredMule

Jadefae View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jadefae Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2020 at 17:33
My friend and I are having a debate. I know there are medals for top 3 times. Are there medals for regional wins?
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
GM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GM Stormcrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2020 at 17:41
Originally posted by Jadefae Jadefae wrote:

My friend and I are having a debate. I know there are medals for top 3 times. Are there medals for regional wins?

No, no medals for regional wins, but the more awesome reward of getting to choose the regional totem.

Best, 

SC
kodabear View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General
Player Council - Astronomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote kodabear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2020 at 08:40
This is awesome idea 
Fanuidhol View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fanuidhol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2020 at 14:26
Yay Thumbs Up 

Snook View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snook Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2020 at 04:33
Can devs make a listing for all tourneys stats so we can see how they progress please
and like last tourney i think it was the largest be nice to see and know all this 
Morgweneth View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morgweneth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2020 at 01:22
I think that The Cornucopia is the most obvious choice at the moment but perhaps the Devs might like to consider other options in the future like a boost on a particular building type, or say a speed up in one troop or dippo type, magic range and efficiency etc etc.
Or a second positive if you select a suitable/corresponding negative.
There are plenty of possibilities that could make the choice more interesting and also difficult.
But all in all its a nice enrichment from the Devs.

Edited by Morgweneth - 01 Mar 2020 at 01:25
Starry View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Starry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2020 at 01:47
Thanks for a great tournament and congratulations to everyone that won a square or participated in the tourney.   It was great fun, our members loved it and we look forward to the Summer Tournament.

Great idea Devs!  Thumbs Up
CEO, Harmless?
Founder of Toothless?

"Truth never dies."
-HonoredMule

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic