FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

22FEB20 - Happy 10th Anniversary!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
GM Stormcrow View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
GM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote GM Stormcrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 22FEB20 - Happy 10th Anniversary!
    Posted: 22 Feb 2020 at 16:36
Hi everyone!

Just writing to wish you all a very happy 10th anniversary.  Yes, that's right... Illy first went live on 22nd February, 2010...

IN NUMBERS
Over these ten years:

• 396k Players have been through the Illy gates, settling 514k towns across more than 2,100 alliances

• You have sent more than 169 million in-game messages, containing over 583 million words - the equivalent of 658 Complete Works of Shakespeare (or 741 King James' Bibles)! I'm not going to mention the quality of those words, by comparison ;)

• You have made nearly 30 million posts in GC, and nearly 52 million posts in AC!

• ... collectively played 39,492,545 hours of Illyriad (1.6 million days' worth, or the equivalent of more than four and a half thousand years)!
  • ... conducted more than 129 million trade missions, for more than 8 trillion gold (8 million million)!

• ...sent 43 million harvesting missions, 18 million quests, and 863 thousand sovereign squares have been claimed!

• ... and despatched more than 244 million military missions, of which nearly 105k were sieges, with a grand total of more than 4.3 billion casualties!  Incidentally, nearly twice as many casualties have been taken in the last five years than in our first five years - the game playstyle has certainly become more militaristic.
During this 10-year period, we've had 14h22m of oopsies (ie unscheduled downtime) for which we apologise, but we're also quite proud!

THE ORIGINAL ILLY
In case you weren't around at the beginning... here's what the v1 town map looked like.

And, please note the subtle way the world map blends the arctic north into the rest of the gameworld:

10-YEAR CELEBRATION MEDAL
Everyone who logs in directly (not via sitters) between today and the 1st of March 2020 will receive a thank-you medal for participating in our 10-year anniversary week.

The medal looks like this:

... and will be awarded to everyone (who logged in during this coming week) in a big batch on the 2nd of March.

LENGTH-OF-SERVICE ANNIVERSARY MEDALS
From now on and going forward, players will also be awarded medals for their length of time in the game when they hit 1-, 2-, 3-, 5-, 7- & 10-yr milestones.

These medals will be awarded shortly after midnight on the anniversary of their player creation date.

These medals look like this:

ONE YEAR ANNIVERSARY

TWO YEAR ANNIVERSARY

THREE YEAR ANNIVERSARY

FIVE YEAR ANNIVERSARY

SEVEN YEAR ANNIVERSARY

TEN YEAR ANNIVERSARY

Within the next week, we'll be handing out these anniversary medals to all the players who already qualify for them; we just need to write some batch code to grant them in bulk.

----

Many thanks for joining us on this journey, and I hope you'll remain with us longer!

Best wishes from all the team here at Illy,

SC

Edited by GM Stormcrow - 22 Feb 2020 at 17:48
Lagavulin View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lagavulin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2020 at 16:43
Cool. I like this idea.
Thirion View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thirion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2020 at 17:19
I really like the idea of anniversary medals.

Thanks a lot for the multiple updates in the last months - i really appreciate them :)
DeliciousJosh View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeliciousJosh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2020 at 17:26
Hug

PublicRelations
HumanResources
rajput View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rajput Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2020 at 20:15

Wow! Koool!

Warning! Author of this post has weird sense of humor...
Fanuidhol View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Fanuidhol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2020 at 23:34
ELVES Quest Account View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ELVES Quest Account Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2020 at 00:14
Hey...so..uh... is that *original* creation date? or current one?
KillerPoodle View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KillerPoodle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2020 at 14:12
Bueller?  Anyone?  (KP was born on 22nd Feb 2010)

Edited by KillerPoodle - 04 Mar 2020 at 14:12
"This is a bad idea and we shouldn't do it." - endorsement by HM

"a little name-calling is a positive thing." - Rill
Bill_Cipher View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill_Cipher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2020 at 19:06
-

Edited by Bill_Cipher - 08 Mar 2020 at 19:06
Let fate chase you not me
Dungshoveleux View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dungshoveleux Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2020 at 18:11
Medals anyone? I do not seem to have any on my awarded medals page? Or am I just being dense?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic