Play Now Login Create Account
illyriad
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - 22DEC2014 - Illy art contest! (WINNERS ANNOUNCED)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

22DEC2014 - Illy art contest! (WINNERS ANNOUNCED)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Marty View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2015 at 09:37
Hey, there's ART in Marty too!!!
Brids17 View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brids17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2015 at 14:52
Let me start off by saying this took *way* too long to make. I spent around 2 hours on it, which is pretty amazing considering the quality (or lack there of) but this happens every time I go to MS paint for some kind of contest. Anyway, if you can guess what this image depicts without going reading the bottom explanation, I'll be seriously impressed. 

Explanation: It's a muskrat sieging the city "Center of Learning" (Isn't Thundercat British? Didn't he spell Centre wrong?), GM Thundercat's largest city, minus the one I sieged a few years ago, while a "Thundercat" runs from the burning ruins. AKA: Why aren't there muskrats in illy yet!? 
Rill View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General
Player Council - Geographer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2015 at 14:59
lol Brids, that is AWESOME!
Rill View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2015 at 15:00
Arte, I love your map! I want one for my wall.
Kafka View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kafka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2015 at 10:35
Portrait of Rikoo on the Ban Hammer Balcony
by Kafka's Ghost and Rill

One day I awoke from unsettling dreams to find myself transformed into a medium-sized Illyriad player
Kafka View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kafka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2015 at 10:38
I know that Rikoo probably wouldn't wear a t-shirt and Doc Marten's, but i ran out of time to design orc armor.
I also ran out of time to make the 2 or 3 page comic book i had meant to submit.
One day I awoke from unsettling dreams to find myself transformed into a medium-sized Illyriad player
Brids17 View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brids17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2015 at 14:51
Originally posted by GM Rikoo GM Rikoo wrote:

(you design it and show it to me and I will make it for you and award it to anyone you want)

By the way, while I don't actually expect to win, when you say anyone do you mean, only one person? Or could I get you to award it to every single player in all of illy? Because that would be amazing. >.>
Rill View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2015 at 17:56
I'd like to point out that in Kafka's drawing the wolf's name is Mammoth.
Orin View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Orin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2015 at 21:59

Here we go. Just something I did quickly, sorry its the wrong way up. Quite proud though.

*edit Fixed image path

Edited by GM ThunderCat - 03 Jan 2015 at 02:36
Kafka View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kafka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2015 at 00:53
Also, the collaboration with Rill began when I asked her what she would do, because I didn't have any ideas. From then on, she brainstormed with me and gave me constant encouragement. She basically wrote the picture. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic