Play Now Login Create Account
illyriad
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - 22DEC2014 - Illy art contest! (WINNERS ANNOUNCED)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

22DEC2014 - Illy art contest! (WINNERS ANNOUNCED)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
GM Rikoo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Community & PR Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GM Rikoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 22DEC2014 - Illy art contest! (WINNERS ANNOUNCED)
    Posted: 22 Dec 2014 at 19:00
WINNERS ANNOUNCED BELOW! (if you want to see the full-sized art or need to read about the contest, scroll down.)

I liked all entries, and in the end I decided to pick 3. There will be one grand prize winner (prizes detailed below) and 2 runners-up. The runners-up will each get 75 prestige, however they want it delivered. So, to the awards!

1st place, best overall: Shûl-nak's completely unsettling 8-bit art piece is awesome. Go to his post to see its description. It's so creepy. And cool. And creepy.

First honorable mention goes to Artefore's awesome real-life maps. I used to make real-life maps for games and have always dreamed of having one of Illy for myself. Looks like I'll have to barter with Arte!

Second honorable mention goes to Kafka and Rill's wicked drawing of me (GM Rikoo) on my balcony, holding the banhammer!! (For those who do not know, general chat or GC is set in the square of Centrum. All of the leaders in chat are gathering in the courtyard to haggle, fight and eat. My balcony overlooks the courtyard so I can keep an eye on them all and can make announcements!)

Congrats to all of the winners!

GM Rikoo

Original post:

I like art. Heck, I am an artist. I grew up doodling and drawing and plastering my walls with art. I still do. And I love Illy's art. One of the main things that attracted me to Illy was its artwork and "old school" charm. Hopefully you like it as well.

I want to host a art contest over the course of the holiday week, and you can enter and win 150 Prestige! We can deliver it to you in scrolls or cold, hard P$! You will also win a free name change (if you want one) a free medal of your design (you design it and show it to me and I will make it for you and award it to anyone you want) and a forum title of YOUR CHOOSING. I'll also give your commander(s) any mount/weapon/armor you want! (with some exceptions, no stuff that is part of mysteries, etc)

The theme for this contest is ...

..wait for it...

ILLYRIAD. What do you love about the game? When you think of Illy, what do you want to paint? *looks suspiciously at the orcs*

Here are the rules:

1) You can submit 1 (one, uno) drawing to the contest. If you submit more than one, I will laugh at your attempts, weirdo. Do as many as you want.

2) The art MUST BE ORIGINAL. Do not use a saved picture of Spock or something. Aragorn? WE DON'T OWN THAT. Make it original and yours and yours alone.

3) You can use ANY medium as long as it doesn't break the rules or gross us out. Yes, I am looking at you orcs again. Photoshop, MS Paint, clay, macrame, whatever... take a photo of it or save it and post it in this thread.

4) If you share it with us here, you give us permission to share it across the interwebz; Twitter, Facebook and all of that. If you don't want your player name associated with it, give me a name.

5) All drawings must be turned in by 11:59 Server time on Friday the 2nd of January.

We will judge them that weekend and award the prize on Monday the 5th!

If you need some help with posting a photo on the forums, this thread might help you: http://forum.illyriad.co.uk/profiles-screenshots-and-other-helpful-tips_topic5880.html

Now, get to creatin'! 

GM Rikoo

Edited by GM Rikoo - 02 Jun 2015 at 18:16
Illyriad Community Manager / Public Relations / community@illyriad.co.uk
Artefore View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior
Player Council - Biographer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artefore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2014 at 22:09
Are we limited to drawing?  Can we create sculpture as well?   
"don't quote me on that" -Artefore
GM Rikoo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Community & PR Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GM Rikoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2014 at 22:24
"3) You can use ANY medium as long as it doesn't break the rules or gross us out."

GM Rikoo

Shûl-nak View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith
Warpainter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Shûl-nak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2014 at 07:19

I did this in MS Paint in a few hours. I've always been a doodler but I've never really tried my hand at art properly, so go easy! I enjoyed having a go, anyway. I thought some pixelly/Medieval-ish art would be sufficiently old-school for Illyriad.

I know it's an art competition, but I was inspired to write a little Christmas tie-in story behind the piece too. Check that out here if you're interested. http://forum.illyriad.co.uk/an-ancient-winter-tale_topic6041.html

Edited by Shûl-nak - 23 Dec 2014 at 07:34
GM Rikoo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Community & PR Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GM Rikoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2014 at 13:19
lol! Awesome! :)

Rikoo

Artefore View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior
Player Council - Biographer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artefore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2014 at 11:20
Could the date of this please be extended?  Many of us are busy with the holidays and would enter if we had the time to work on a project, but cannot due to RL.  Thanks!
"don't quote me on that" -Artefore
GM Rikoo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Community & PR Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GM Rikoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2014 at 13:33
Originally posted by Artefore Artefore wrote:

Could the date of this please be extended?  Many of us are busy with the holidays and would enter if we had the time to work on a project, but cannot due to RL.  Thanks!

Possibly. Maybe. Could be. Not sure. Mebbe.

GM Rikoo

PS: I'll get back to you.
GM Rikoo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Community & PR Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote GM Rikoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2014 at 16:09
Extended the contest through the 2nd, for you people who celebrate such things!

GM Rikoo

JodaMyth View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JodaMyth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec 2014 at 02:16
This may seem lazy... because it is. Without further adieu here it is. Illy nature "photography". Titled: 

Birth of a Baby Giant Scuttler     Shocked

Edited by JodaMyth - 25 Dec 2014 at 02:43
ubluntu View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ubluntu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2014 at 02:13
Illy-Newbie Problems... the Clay :0...

what_to_do_with_all_the_clay
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic