Topic Closed22APR12 Release Bug Reports

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 9>
Author
Rill View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General
Player Council - Geographer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2012 at 08:58
When attacking an NPC, the picture of the NPC no longer appears in the mini-map on the "Send Army" page. ( http://elgea.illyriad.co.uk/#/Military/Orders)

Petition 6013 and 6014

Edited by Rill - 22 Apr 2012 at 09:10
Aurordan View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster
Player Council - Ambassador

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2012 at 10:38
Originally posted by Rill Rill wrote:

#2 the ability to send armies to coastal areas was accidentally enabled early and has now been disabled - this has the unfortunate side-effect of being unable to recall them early via messengers (they should still return when you have set them to return on their own) ; 

This seems to have not worked, at least for me.  I still have an army hanging out on the beach at 262|394, who have overstayed their original deployment and are giving no indication when they might return.  While it's possible that this is not a bug at all, and simply my treasonous soldiers deserting en mass to work on their tans (It's happened before), I would like to give then the benefit of the doubt and raise the issue here.
Innoble View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2012 at 11:09
Not sure if this is a bug, but NPCs seem to be moving even when a player army is moving towards the square they are occupying. This makes it very hard to attack them. If this is as intended it is a very bad change.

Sure, moving animals is realistic, but then armies should have a way of continuing the move and track them and not return home just because the square is empty when they arrive.

Should I be sending 9 armies now ? 1 to the square the NPC is on and 8 to the squares around it? I am very surprised if that is what the devs intended.
Rill View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2012 at 12:08
There have been some changes to battle reports.  I don't know if these changes are intentional.

The first change is that it no longer specifies the type of creature in the mail title.  It just says NPCs.

The second change is that the order of the units killed is changed.  It used to be listed based on the least experience first.  I'm not sure what the order is based on now.

The third changes is that no gold is given for the fight.  It is possible that this is related to the fact that the armies are not returning.  Or it might be that we no longer get gold when we fight NPCs.

Victorious battle against NPC units's forces at Square 871|580 by Rill's forces from Gloriana

Sent By:System
Received By:You
Date:4/22/2012 10:56:33 AM
Two opposing forces clash against each other.

Cavalry comes into its own when able to strike hostile forces at will, and from unexpected directions - and nowhere is this more feasible than on open plains. Lightly armoured spear units, however, prefer terrain where there's some cover available.

Fighting defensively on open plains, cavalry draws strength from the ability to form and reform their lines of engagement depending on the direction of battle, and it is here where cavalry excels.

Attackers:Unit:Quantity:Casualties:Survivors:
Commander: SnufflelufagusKnights Knight1Damaged for 10, 72 health remains.
Troops:Knights Knights60654
Commander: Glory BeeCharioteers Charioteer1Damaged for 10, 72 health remains.

Defenders:Unit:Quantity:Casualties:Survivors:
Troops:Diseased Rats Diseased Rats28280
Troops:Ratlings Ratlings51510
Troops:Elder Bucks Elder Bucks18180
Troops:Rats Rats56560

Edited by Rill - 22 Apr 2012 at 12:09
Rill View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2012 at 12:34
On the military summary for each city, the bar graph is glitched in two ways: 1) The bottom level on the defense graph is the lowest defense number, not 0. This makes it appear as though defense against bows is 0 in every case. 2) The defense against cavalry bar reflects the value for defense against swords. Defense against swords correctly reflects the defense against swords value -- the graphs are always equal. This is consistent across all my cities and has been reported by numerous players.

Petition 6026
Starry View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2012 at 13:13
Cannot recall armies on ocean squares.    I sent two armies to two different squares to occupy them, decided later to recall the armies, sent messengers who successfully delivered messages to armies but the armies are still occupying the ocean squares.   

Please fix this, petition #5999  (Aradil account)

Also, the new smileys are ghastly, please restore normal smileys.  :(
CEO, Harmless?
Founder of Toothless?

"Truth never dies."
-HonoredMule

LadyLuvs View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2012 at 13:47
Are the armies that are camping suppose to still show like they are marching or are they suppose to look like camps like they used to?  Mine look like they are ready to leave the spot they are on, but are camped for another 2 days.

Oh and I put a petition in that the is an issue with the new mail ticker not disappearing when you have checked your mail until you refresh your screen.  It is Petition 6032.

I also have someone sending caravans to a city and I don't have a blue ticker mark above trade icon in that city.    I have notifications of the caravans en-route in the Notification section.  They do show up in trade movements.  Did you get rid of the blue ticker for this?

I also dont have a Building or Research Cue Ticker above the city map icon and it does not show anything in the Next Events for building or Research.

The arrows next to the City drop down box don't work either. 

I am using FireFox version 11.

Edited by LadyLuvs - 22 Apr 2012 at 14:18
LadyLuvs
Raven, Murder of Crows Alliance
JimJams View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2012 at 14:01
  • my own armies are now green. i would prefer a different colour like before (not sure if a bug or a feature)
  • my vans are invisible while travelling (but they are blue once in place and harvesting)
  • the occupy army icon is the same than the travelling one. I prefer a lot the previous icons where you were able to immediately know the status of the army (not sure if this is a bug or a feature) Overall all the new icons are way less visible and understandable... sorry, I know you made an effort, but the result may be nice, but is less informative...
  • it looks like we can siege from coast. I have the option to do it, but not sent, so unsure if the army once arrived in place would really start the siege. I would love this, but from what you stated on the release note it should be not possible. Having unsiegeable cities is bad, having now those cities even powerful via the food tiles around them is .... well I cannot use the right word ;-)
  • Please restore standard smile, the new one are uninformative, I cannot understand if the weird elf smile or cry :-(

Edited by JimJams - 22 Apr 2012 at 14:01
Lord Nathan View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2012 at 15:20
Caravans delivering res for trade quests do not show up in map.

Petition 6041
Llyorn Of Jaensch View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2012 at 15:20
Both recently 'Exodus'd' cities have returned to original resource allocation with incorrect resource building levels.

Mail shows 'unread msgs'. Incorrect.

Petition 6043
"ouch...best of luck."
HonoredMule
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 9>
  Share Topic