FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

20APR20 - RELEASE NOTES

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
GM Stormcrow View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
GM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote GM Stormcrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 20APR20 - RELEASE NOTES
    Posted: 20 Apr 2020 at 16:11
CUMULATIVE RELEASE NOTES

Hi everyone,

Hoping you and yours are all staying safe and well.

There have been a huge number of releases over the last few weeks, and I thought it'd be useful to summarise them all into a single place.  

ENHANCEMENTS

Regional Tournaments Automation
We've completed the automation of regional tournaments (details here).  This means that initiating each quarter's tournament, kicking it off, tracking progress and winners, and closing the tournament down - including handing out medals and administering Regional Totem changes - is now an automated process, hurrah.

Long Service Medals
Medals for the 10, 7, 5, 3, 2 & 1 year anniversaries for each individual player have been handed out retrospectively, and are also now automatically granted for each anniversary.  Details are available here.

50 Prestige Package available
There is now a 50 prestige package available in the store.

Tournament XML feed
There is a new Tournament Squares XML datafeed, available here, with details here.

New Chat & Notification System
The system has been rewritten, and updated to a newer version of TLS.  A couple of general enhancements to chat came with this upgrade, and you can find details here.

Forum merge
The News & the Announcements subforums were too similar, and have been merged into a single entity.

THIRD PARTY DISTRIBUTION SITES

Illyriad is now available on Kongregate
You can access Illyriad via kongregate, and you can link your existing account to your kongregate login as well.  Details are available here.  

Purchasing Prestige via Steam
Steam purchases for prestige were buggy as heck, and this has now been fixed - hopefully forever!

Steam Achievements
If you get achievements and scores in Illy, these now update into your Steam achievements feeed, regardless of method of login.  ie. If you log in via the website (rather than Steam), your achievements and scores will update on Steam without you needing to log back in via Steam.  We have also back-filled scores and achievements previously gained ingame.

BUGFIXES

• Fixes for Chrome samesite cookie change
  • Fixes for TLS 1.0 and TLS 1.1 depreciation
  • Added redirect from insecure site to secure site before login
  • http image link on Daily Reward page making page display as "insecure"
  • Fixed various other http links; now should all be https
  • New medals igm signature fix
  • Facebook app login fixes
  • Steam app login fixes
  • Windows Store app login fixes
  • Windows 10 fixed reconnection crash
  • Fixed using Steam login via website
  • Fixed Steam achievements and score update; now also update continuously rather than just at login (note: research achievements need to be researched rather than achieved via capture)
  • Avast virus false positive warning for Steam app (reported to and resolved by Avast)
  • Fixed chat being broken in FireFox
  • Fixed a bug whereby towns mentioned in various notifications were showing as in "undefined"
  • Fixed a bug whereby locations mentioned in various notifications were showing as in "undefined"
  • Fixed a bug whereby players mentioned in various notifications were showing the alliance name twice
  • Fixed short codes for items broken in chat
  • Fixed chat broken for sitters
  • Fixed possessive ('s) playernames broken in notifications
  • Fixed Fortumo Mobile prestige payment which was working flakily
  • Skyfallen stones were falling on Impassable squares, which was causing them to spawn too often on the rest of the map; this has now been rectified and the number of skyfallen stones available on the map is now as intended
  • Research item Raptorstrike renamed to Venomstrike to match the item name
  • Dawnhunter Greatbow Typo Fixed
  • Spiked Platemail Typo Fixed
  • Rockpiercer Recurve Bow Typo Fixed
  • Various other typos, grammar fixes (many thanks to Detros for his diligence in reporting these!)
  • Broken pages for Unit Data on the external site have been fixed (eg here)
We'll have more releases/bugfixes coming through the pipeline.

Stay well, stay safe, and thanks very much for playing Illy!

Best wishes,

SC and the team

Edited by GM Stormcrow - 20 Apr 2020 at 16:17
Tensmoor View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tensmoor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2020 at 17:58
Looks like the team have been very busy bunnies Thumbs UpGeekBeer
Snagglepuss View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snagglepuss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2020 at 18:22
any word on the Tuna Farms update? Big smile
Lagavulin View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lagavulin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2020 at 19:30
Very glad for the fixes and glad for you re the automation. Thank you.
Ruarc View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ruarc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2020 at 21:01
Awesome fixes - thanks!

This one though:

Originally posted by GM Stormcrow GM Stormcrow wrote:

• New medals igm signature fix

No signature (my own or anyone else's) appears in IGMs for me. And hasn't in... it's been a while. Are we meant to be seeing signatures in IGMs?
GM Stormcrow View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
GM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GM Stormcrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2020 at 22:41
Originally posted by Ruarc Ruarc wrote:

No signature (my own or anyone else's) appears in IGMs for me. And hasn't in... it's been a while. Are we meant to be seeing signatures in IGMs?
Hmm... I'll have to ask TC what he thinks he fixed :)

Thanks for letting me know!

SC
DeathDealer89 View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeathDealer89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2020 at 09:05
For tournament totem rewards, will those always apply to every city in the region? 
Is the bonus the same as the last time?  Or do we find out a few days right before the tournament along with the totem location?
Tensmoor View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tensmoor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2020 at 09:24
My understanding is that yes the bonus will always apply to all towns in the region. As for changes to the bonuses available I think you are right in that we'll find out just before the tourney start if they have been changed.
GM ThunderCat View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
GM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GM ThunderCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2020 at 17:22
No signature (my own or anyone else's) appears in IGMs for me. 

Should be fixed for new IGMs now
Ruarc View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ruarc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2020 at 19:52
Originally posted by GM ThunderCat GM ThunderCat wrote:

No signature (my own or anyone else's) appears in IGMs for me. 

Should be fixed for new IGMs now

Thanks!

Clap
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic