illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

2014, New player questions

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 121314
Author
TrollGranny View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TrollGranny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2014 at 13:54
and that is not my picture lol
Rill View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General
Player Council - Geographer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Rill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2014 at 20:22
1) No, the army does not need to stay the entire time to claim sovereignty.  In theory having an army on the square reduces the time to claim the sovereignty by 50%, but in practice you get this bonus as long as the army is there at the start of the time.  (You must have an army there to initiate the claim, so everyone always gets that bonus.)

2) There is no way to speed up diplomats performing a diplomatic mission.  IF diplomats are attached to an army as part of a diplomatic contingent and sent to reinforce a square or city, they benefit from the Forced March skill (if any) of their division commander.   However, diplomats sent attached to an army will only ever defend the square/city to which they are sent and will not perform other diplomatic missions such as thieving, spying, sabbing, etc., so you can't speed up a diplomatic mission by attaching it to an army.
Dustdemon View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dustdemon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2014 at 22:22
Originally posted by geofrey geofrey wrote:

With so any new faces to Illyriad, if any of the more recent players have any questions, feel free to ask them in this message and the community will provide an answer. 

When answering a question please quote the question and provide a solid un-opinionated answer. 

I remember when I first joined Illyriad I had no idea how the sov. system worked until my 3rd town, and I wished I would of asked someone about it earlier. 

So ask away!

Welcome to players from LoU (lord of ultima) and other games. Remember if you have any question you can post them here or you can ask in GC for a fast answers but here you may get a more in-depth answers.
Dragonwort View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dragonwort Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2014 at 16:09
A question about terraforming: when your alt settles his second city on a 7 food square and then he has someone destroy (raze)? the present capital city so that the second city becomes the capital city?

Once you tenaril that second city to where you want it do you then siege it from your alt? AND the spot previously occupied before the tenaril....will it remain a 7 food spot even though you took those resource amounts with you when you tenarilled?  Thanks for any input and clarification...Smile DW

Edited by Dragonwort - 11 May 2014 at 16:13
Just another wrench in the works..
Rill View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2014 at 20:32
Most typically the "main" account sieges and captures from the alt (or from the person doing the terraforming).  That way you also get any completed research in the city.

Not sure on the second question.  I believe that when you Tenaril a city away from a spot, the spot will eventually revert to whatever it was "supposed" to be in the underlying map of Illy.  (Similar to what happens when you Exodus a city away from a terraformed spot.)  But I'm not completely sure.
Silent View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Silent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2014 at 10:38
I have a Question. what are all the Steps in a Siege? Such as camping outside and shooting them and then running in to claim it
dantem View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dantem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2014 at 11:17
I just completed a quest called The Golden Apple Tree and I was rewarded with a one time mana spike? What does that mean? Did my production speed increase or did I just get some Mana?
Mahaut View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Mahaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2014 at 14:12
Originally posted by Silent Silent wrote:

I have a Question. what are all the Steps in a Siege? Such as camping outside and shooting them and then running in to claim it

To send a siege or a blockade

You set everything up and click on the city you wish to siege on the map and click send army (don’t worry they won’t actually set off to the war at this point)

On your army page you will now see a drop down with

Your Armies Awaiting Orders.

Click on the army you wish to send and in the drop down next to Order you have various options

we will pick Siege, so click on that.

A small mini map will appear.

On the mini map pick the chosen tile to which your siege will go (or blockade as it’s exactly the same set up). A small red circle with a pointer will appear in that tile pointing at the city in the adjacent tile.  Sieges take 12 hours to set up so the time which you set has to be longer than 12 hours. So enter the time.

Click send

Siege or blockade is en route to its destination.

The maximum number of siege that will fire at any one time is 30. You can send more than one siege army to different mini map tiles of course, but a second siege army sent to the same tile as another one will simply reinforce the first and the cats won’t fire.

Blockade armies don’t have cats with them. Just a commander and troops.

You can send a troops only siege to a tile, providing you land on your tile first and a siege from another player lands on another tile, that way the siege mechanism works will operate in your favour in that the amount the target city needs to be reduced to will be higher than if a big player landed first.

If you are sieging it with cats yourself then once the troops and siege have landed it will set up camp and automatically begin bombardment after the 12 hours. The first few hits are usually slow, then it speeds up as all the cats begin to fire.

You will get a mail informing you that your siege is setting up and will begin bombardment in 12 hours.

The other player (or you) would then siege till the required population is reached. To see your siege in operation click on the icon that looks like footprints to the top left of the big military overview tab (the one that looks like an axe).  You do get a mail informing you what the required population is but can also check it on this page once the bombardment begins.

When the required population is reached you open your siege page and click on either Storm and Conquer (to take over the city) or Storm and Raze (to destroy the city).  Siege does not stop firing once the required pop is reached so you have to be on line or risk having your sieged city reduced to a pile of brick dust.

Storm and Conquer or Storm and Raze will move your troops out of their siege camp and into the city itself.

Therefore if you are conquering or destroying an inactive and are unsure of his troop numbers you must scout in advance and either send enough troops with your siege or ask someone else to clear the tile for you.

Hope that helps Smile

Rill View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2014 at 17:08
Dantem: you got extra mana one time. 

Edit:  And if you are thinking "that was SO not worth it," I was advised early in my Illy career to avoid quests involving wizards.  This is but one of the reasons.

Edited by Rill - 27 May 2014 at 17:09
dantem View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dantem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2014 at 11:10
lol...i lost 4 scouts for a one time mana boost ??? no more wizard quests....
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 121314
  Share Topic