Play Now Login Create Account
illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic Closed150 Sov Squares

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 4.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Anjire View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Topic: 150 Sov Squares
    Posted: 26 Apr 2013 at 16:29
Immediately following the tournament, I will be testing whether there is a discovery to be found when/if a town claims 150 sov squares.

I want to thank Gon for the donation of 10 Elven Thoroughbreds and Shadow for the donation of 65 light leather.  I will be adding in some light spears to increase my armies speed for an increase of +35% speed.  (I will be purchasing 10 more Elven Thoroughbreds and 10 more light spears to protect against any mishaps with NPC's).

Additionally, I will setting up my city to run 4 Chanceries for a 75% reduction in level 1 sov costs.

The plan is to send and send and send rinse and repeat till I have 150 Sovs claimed.  Then hold the sov squares for at least a one week period (possibly as much as a month depending on how well i can sustain it).    Army unit will be T1 cavalry commander with one t1 cavalry unit - cavalry commander will be level 10 for 15% forced march.  

City can be found here to watch the progress:  http://elgea.illyriad.co.uk/#/World/Map/-735/-344/7

If you have any suggestions on how to speed up the process or mitigate the cost, please share via this thread or IGM.  

~Anjire

Beecks View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2013 at 16:42
Good luck. I find it nearly impossible to claim even 20 sov squares in one sitting. Getting all 200 done for an account is nearly as tedious as the population gap between cities 9 and 10.

If there is a discovery to be had from this, It will be neat to see the map light up as everyone rushes for 150 squares.
Brandmeister View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2013 at 17:43
An admirable experiment!

You might want to ask The Duke about 150 sov. I believe I asked if anyone had tried this in a prior thread, and IIRC he said it had been attempted.
Auraya View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2013 at 19:13
I can't guarantee to have very much to offer but I shall donate some gold/books towards upkeep costs if that would be helpful. I look forward to watching it! I've often wondered about it.
Albatross View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2013 at 21:13
Ready-reckoning L1 sov with 4 Chanceries (+Scribes bonus) on that terrain tells me you'd need to feed your city an extra 363 research/hr at 0% tax.

= 3050 books/week with 150 claims. Not too bad; not "1984" :o)
Anjire View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2013 at 21:20
Well, I have a few Million RP already in that city so I don't think RP will be the sticking point. 

And, thanks to the tournament - I have been able to whittle away the 50K stalwarts down to 10K left which will be good for getting level 10 on all the new T1 Commanders coming on line now.  

Gossip Boy View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2013 at 00:02
Good initiative.
Though I doubt it would bear any fruit, it is good to see players experimenting and willing to share their results Clap
Elessar2
[08:34]<Rill> when you've just had part of your brain taken out, you lack a certain amount of credibility
<KillerPoodle> I can say anything I like and it is impossible to prove or disprove
Brandmeister View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2013 at 00:31
@GB: if you want to read about more experiments (all failed, sadly):

http://forum.illyriad.co.uk/failed-expeditions-map-experiment-graveyard_topic5028.html
Rill View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General
Player Council - Geographer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2013 at 02:22
Perhaps it is 150 level V sov squares ...

Personally I doubt either lev I or lev V sov squares will trigger a discovery, but I suppose it gives us something to do.
Ossian View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2013 at 11:03
/me watches Anjire with interest.

Hmm seems harmless enough....wait Harmless?....They are trying to start a new arms race! Wink
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
  Share Topic