FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

04MAR20 - New Notifications/Chat System

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
GM ThunderCat View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
GM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GM ThunderCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 04MAR20 - New Notifications/Chat System
    Posted: 04 Mar 2020 at 07:56
This month (March 2020) browsers are depreciating older versions of TLS (the protocol that makes https secure).

Our notifications and chat system was on a server that did not support the newest versions of TLS and relied on some older technologies that couldn't be moved to a newer server.

To resolve this we have completely rewritten the notification and chat system and deployed it to a new server.

Hopefully this transition should be seamless and pass mostly unremarked.

Once enhancement is Alliance Chat like Global Chat if "popped out" will display the number of alliance members currently logged in and the number with chat open.

However; like any upgrade there may be teething issues. If you have any problems please post here or raise an petition in game.
GM ThunderCat View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
GM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GM ThunderCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2020 at 08:17
Some players were experiencing issues so backed this out until its resolved.
Hucbold View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Hucbold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2020 at 11:41
Hmmmmm. Finally confirmation that we are talking to ourselves ...... !
Seadog View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Seadog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2020 at 15:56
I'm guessing this update has now been made live because I've seen the change on the chat box showing the number of users.

I'm getting problems with my notifications (the box at the top right). The regions and towns are not listing and are just showing as "undefined". The links to the locations still work, it's just the description that has gone. I'm also not seeing the icons that show harvested items collected. So if some skinners arrive at a location it says they have arrived and started harvesting but it doesn't say from where, or to which region, or what they are harvesting.

I have seen this in 4 browsers on my desktop PC (Chrome, Firefox, Edge and Internet Explorer), running Windows 10. I have also seen it on my laptop, also running Windows 10. I have connected from an Android phone using Firefox and that works.
Jadefae View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jadefae Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2020 at 20:00
I lost chat in firefox again Jadefae.
Beleg View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2020 at 21:12
Both in GC and AC my posts (and those of theElderKing and Kuldjargh) containing code that depicts a unit, show twice for the poster, with first version clickable, second isn't, and others only see the non clickable copy of the post. It also happened to Vato Loco. Posting golden monkeys, flufflumpsters, cobras, dragons. Beer [ @c=12] is non clickable for poster and invisible to others, and the other beer [ @i=3|12] is clickable for the one posting but also invisible to others.
Kuld ads: Interestingly, it's only the [ @ c = ] stuff, The [ @ f ] work, (region only shows title), As do [ @ r ] shows no double post. [5|undefined] in undefined refers to somewhere in Middle Kingdom on 5| (rest is missing, leads to the map but unclear what the other number is exactly).
System messages about sieges are said to contain more charcters referring to alliances involved, and definitely also have the "undefined" in them lately. They can be clicked to see what towns are involved.

Edited by Beleg - 12 Mar 2020 at 21:13
Beleg View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2020 at 21:41
More Kuld posting: I see [ 0 | 0 ] in Middle Kingdom ... GC sees [ 0 | 0 ] in undefined

Several people report notifications to be all 'undefined'so sending harvesters is like gambling.
sonnet View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sonnet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2020 at 22:13
I now have a completely blank global chat window. Using Chrome on a Chromebook.
Beleg View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2020 at 22:15
[12 Mar 19:03]<System> * Alliance News: Dran'Zail Gildenfyre [ZZZ] The Lodge [ZZZ] has sent alliance-wide mail entitled: FW: Victorious battle against NPC units's forces at [295|-1650] in undefined by Dran'Zail Gildenfyre's forces from Foghat

Willd Elff [Willd] The Willd Bunch [Willd] has dispatched caravans to Willd Elff [Willd] The Willd Bunch [Willd] town [174|715] in undefined 16 minutes ago

[22:05]<System> ** News Flash: Gladyath large hamlet of [-469|198] in undefined is now under siege by Porku [SkB] Skeleton Boar [SkB] huge city of [-430|179] in undefined
sonnet View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sonnet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2020 at 22:51
Originally posted by sonnet sonnet wrote:

I now have a completely blank global chat window. Using Chrome on a Chromebook.

Clearing my cache and refreshing the browser window fixed the problem.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic