Topic ClosedYumeshi's diary

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 11>
Author
Yumeshi View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Yumeshi's diary
    Posted: 22 Apr 2011 at 21:11
These are the scripts of a long forgotten serie of books, narrating the life of an ancient elf that lived on Illyriad. Will it relate some fantastic and unrealistics events or the daily routine of a boring person? you will have to read it to discover it, but be patient, because the diary emits a weak but unbreakable magic, that makes each entry from the diary unredeable until the next day.

April 21st, 2011
Those who read this lines probably will think of me as nothing more than a crazy guy, but each one of these words are true, i swear it over my name. I didn't born on this world, i come from a place where the steel replaced the trees, the acid stain the water and the smoke contaminate the air. While reading an ancient book, one of the few that remained in my world, i started reciting a strange bunch of words, I dont know how did it happen, but suddenly i got tired and my eyes got heavy, i couldnt keep awake and so i fall in the place.

A strange noise i longer has forgotten awake me, little creatures with soft wings were chirping around me, and the shadow of giants trees cover my body like a blanquet. The floor was really soft, and the smale had a stronge fragance, strangely making me feel at easy.
When i tried to stand up, my body felt weird, my hands were white, with a faint blue tone on them, and i felt so light, that i almost fall back when standing. My clothes were rudimentary, just a few pieces of cloth sewed together and a pair leather shoes. Withouth direction nor objective, i began wandering around that forest, searching, maybe, something that i could link with reality.

How much time pased... hours? days? i cant even see the sky so i dont know, my feets hurts like hell and my mouth is dry, i drank a little water from the tree's leaves, but is not enough to compensate the effort i was doing. Will i die here all alone? without understanding what happened? No... i wont allow it... is this what humans call survival instinct? it makes me move forward even withouth energy. Please... let me find something...

Just at the verge of my forces, i saw a small light in the horizont, a group of small houses where the trees were smaller could be seen from far away. I collected the energy left in my body and run toward my hope, but looks like the luck wasnt in my side, i triped with a tree root and fall on the soft ground. I hadnt the energy to rise up again, so i just let the tiredness to embrace me.

When i opened my eyes, the first thing i saw was a wooden ceiling, my body felt really numb, and i still remember that hangout, it was the worst one i ever had. I couldn't move my body to stand up from the bed i was laid on, but even if i could i wouldnt do it, what reason do i even have? after a few minutes, a little girl entered from the door with a simple dish of food, it was nothing espectacular, but the hunger posessed me like a demon, once i started eating i couldnt stop until the dish was completely empty.

After a small talk with her, she exited the house, bringing with her minutes later an old man with pointy ears, wait... pointy ears? i didnt noticed early but the girl too had those ears, what is going on here? after i explained him my situation, he concluded that i was experiencing a shock and probably had amnesia, but the stories i told him about my world awake the interest in him. He answered everything he could, they were a small tribe of axemen that live inside the forest, a pacific tribe that didnt interact with the outside a lot. When i asked him about the ears, he started laughing softly, while explaining that those were the racial facts from the elfs, and then pointed at myself. I didnt understood him at first, but when i touched my ears i could feel a pointy touch on them. That was really weird, but explained that my body feels so diferent.

When i tell him about my people technologies, he started to consider something in his mind, i heard from him that he was the elder of the tribe, that means, the one that leads this people, he asked me to help their people with my knowledge. The help i recieved made me acept at the moment, if i could help them in anything and, at the same time, understand the world im in, i will gladly do it.

Now im here, sitting on a wooden desk on my new "house" that the people of this place had lend me, writing these events that had put my world upside, at least the food is good and the place is quiet, so i dont have nothing to whine about. If anyone get this diary some time, i invite them to hear about this people history. I think i will stay with them a long, long time.

Edited by Yumeshi - 23 Apr 2011 at 00:51
kicking5251 View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2011 at 23:03
/me is lovin it Smile
Gemley View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2011 at 00:04

Good story so far Clap

Yumeshi View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2011 at 01:40
At the end of the day, the misterious diary start glowing with a green and blue light, while a weak current of air elevate it a little in the air. Slowly, the book opens, and stop on the second page which was still in blank, but in the white page, black letters are being written by a phantom hand.

April 22nd, 2011
Its been just a few hours since i arrived half-dead to this village, but the tiredness i got from the forest is almost gone, a rest in a good bed is always wellcome. Since i woke up, the people of the town have been all over me, looks like im the new topic of the town since the elder told them about my origins, at least they were enough considerated to let me rest the last night.

The more i talk with these people and walk though the village, the more use i get, although is still really weird; i mean, just 24 hours ago i was in a metallic world with almost no social interaction, and now look, surround by wood, animals and people asking me withouth leting me breath. Of course i didnt just answer questions, but asked a few too, that way i learned a bit of the traditions and stories of this place and what they call "common knowledge".

Looks like this world is called Illyriad, a word that i dont recognize from any language, its comprensible, since im not in my world... another thing i was surprised to discover was that i can speak their language, i heard and say the words in my language so at first i though we all talked the same language, but when i saw their writing i understood it was different, i cant understand even one letter... another thing i heard is that in this world there are four different races: humans, elves, dwarfes and orcs; the people of this place are elves and they say im an elf too. But how can that be? im human... i mean in my world there are just humans, why i ended up being an elf? i dont understand it...

Its not even midday and im already tired, the childrens here are too energetics! it seems i cant follow their rythm, still im a lot faster than in my world, its like my whole body was made from thin air. When the little elf boys finally let me go to play by themselves, i continued my walk though the village. It wasnt that big, but the trees everywhere and the hidden paths made it hard to visit every corner.

it was in one of my walk though the path hidden at the forest, where i discover something fascinating and scary. A giant ball of fire was heading to my way appearing from nowhere, if i reacted a few seconds later, i problably had been burn, maybe not to death, but it would have an ungly scar.

Still on the floor, half surprised and half angry, i looked around me like a wild beast, trying to discover the reason of my "intense" experience. At least i could see a little boy running to me with a worried expretion, i couldnt get angry at him after seeing that face of temor, he was probably afraid of having hurting someone.

I stood up slowly, even if i wasnt burn alive, i got a really big hit when landing, to have a faster and more agile body doesnt mean that my mind is agile too... With an ankward smile, i tranquilize the boy showing him that i was okay, hearing that the boy finally calmed down a little.

Still in surprise and, when the boy finally was in the mood to talk calmly, i asked him what was he doing there alone in the forest. He told me that he was practicing magic that would be dangerous on a place with magic but that, thanks to the humidity of the forest, it doesnt have any danger on this place. Basically, i had bad luck. But wait, thats not the point here, did he say magic? are you serious? i though magic was a fantastic thing, just existing on the imagination... but now that i think about it im in another world, poblate with four different races, so i should be a little more open-mind...

talking a while with the boy about the magic characteristics and the use the elves had for them, i was guide by him back to the village, looks like i got lost in the hidden paths and ended in the deep forest, that explained that i couldnt arrive at the place i wanted. Just when we were about to depart, the boy stoped me and made me luck at my leg, look like i got a small scratch that was bleeding, i was so absorved in the talk that didnt even noticed it. He crouch to touch the injure softly, then his hand began shining with a pale white. At first i receive a sharp pain, but later i didnt felt anything, just like an anesthesic. The guy couldnt reprime a smile when he told me that it would be hard for me to go back with the leg slept, i answered him with an ironic smile while he went the other way.

I had to go back to my house with one leg, it may have been easy in a street, but in this places, where roots and herbs are everywhere, it was a challenge for me. Once i arrived, the first thing i did was fall in the bed, if im going to end the day withouth energy everyday, please someone shoot me... looks like today was a free day, to let me "rest" and know a little about the village and the villagers, but tomorrow it seems i will have to help and work, i wonder what they want me to do as the elder sustitute...

Kurfist View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2011 at 01:45
Amazing. Don't stop!
Patience is a virtue, resource giving is a sin
Gemley View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2011 at 02:24
Clap
Nokigon View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General
Player Council - Historian

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2011 at 07:42
Very nice. Very nice indeed......
Bravo, sir!

Edited by Nokigon - 23 Apr 2011 at 13:42
Yumeshi View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2011 at 18:51
A new day pass and once again the light of the diary illuminate the dark empty room, but this time the page finally flip, opening a new pair of pages. If u try to flip the pages again, you will notice that they are glued together, just like if it were a unique piece. New words begin to appear, showing the relate that it keeps in them.

April 23rd, 2011
I cant remember the last time i was so nervous, well its just normal, in my world i wasnt anyone special with a routinaire life, and suddenly here i am, in a place full of strange animals, different races and even magic; and i will have to take care of this little land from now on... i will seriously need some help...

When i stood up from the bed, the elder was already waiting me at the hall. This is a small village and all the people knows each other, so is a courtesy to leave the doors opened so anyone can enter if they need. From what i heard, not even once there has been a problem with that, honestly that surprised me, in my place you need at least three locks just to be safe...

This time the elder introduce himself properly, Erestor, that was his name. When i gave him my name he was a little surprised; looks like is not an elvish name, not even a name from the other races; that made him let out a small laugh, but stoped it almost instantly while looking at my eyes, looks like he was starting to believe my story.

Then he asked me the same question i was having since the day i arrive here: How can we comunicate? its obvious that they, as a different race and culture, would have a language completely different from my world. So why when i hear them talking, i listen in my own language? I explained it at Erestor, and then he exhaled as he understood what happened. Looks like i had a spell cast on me, merchant usually buy this spells from archmages so they wont have any trouble talking with the different races in Illyriad. But then that create another question: why do i have that spell casted on me? is not an expensive one, but turning it into a permanent magic should have take a lot of time. While i was lost in my mind, the elder could see my worries, so he stood up and told me to follow him. He just said one thing before we began to walk "its time already"

The image i saw when we arrived was just like in a fairy tail, at my front there was a giant tree, completely alone in a clare of the forest and with strange carvings on it. It was emitting lights from the inside, and a big group of elves were waiting at the outside.

The elder put me a hand on the shoulder and invite me to keep going forward, in front of the eyes of all the people reunited. Withouth leting me say anything, Erestor started talking, just a few steps at my side. His words were strong, shorts and full of confidence, the experience from leading this village were visible in those times. He said that the years were punishing him already, and that he wont be able to continue serving his people like before, so it would be necesary a new leader, someone with a different mind, with new ideas and a child curiosity, but the responsability of a grown man. I didnt knew who he was refering to, probably one of his songs, a wise erudite or a strong warrior. When he pointed at me, i almost lost my breath. I already knew that he asked me to help with the leading, but i though i would be an assistant or some advicer that share the knowledge from his world, but... a leader? in a world i dont even know? i couldnt back off now, so i tried to force a smile, following the events.

Some of the elves didnt agree with the new leader, others though it was a joke, but the few people i could talk with yesterday though it was a fresh and interesting idea. They were talking between them for a while, until the elder raised his hand, creating the silence. He said that i would help him with the elder's chores for a week and then, if nobody was against it for a good reason, i would take the role as the elder. Now that i think about it... the tittle name should be change... im not that old... right?

I spent the rest of the day with Erestor. He was teaching me different things, like the races and their traditions; the magic, the uses it has and the difficulty to produce it; the functions every part of the village, buildings and people, has; and the history of the village. Looks like it was built so many years ago that they dont even remember, by orders of a great king to take profit of the giant forest it had around it. The wood that the kingdom got from here, was of a fine quality, and the quantity was more than enough, thats is why they called this village "the sons of the high king" when the elder wrote it down, i could read it as "Ashan'rai", so this is the name of my new land, eh? not bad...

After hours of reading and listening stories, i arrived at home with a new class of tiredness: mental exhaustion, it was still better than not feeling my legs, but my head hurts like hell... at least writing this diary help me to sooth the pain a little. Its already too late in the night, and here i am, siting on a wooden chair... i think i will go to the bed already, will need the energy for tomorrow...
Kurfist View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2011 at 19:30
You are not allowed to discontinue these stories.

Edited by Kurfist - 23 Apr 2011 at 19:38
Patience is a virtue, resource giving is a sin
Amroth View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2011 at 20:30
very good, I hope you will make it a constant journal, very happy to read your story. good work
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 11>
  Share Topic