Play Now Login Create Account
illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedYour avg. daily bonus collection per week?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 4.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
dunnoob View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2012 at 00:48
Originally posted by Diomedes Diomedes wrote:

I never leave it open
I never leave it closed, only for the prestige collection or to get at the search form I close it.
Rill View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General
Player Council - Geographer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2012 at 00:49
Smile

Edited by Rill - 09 Jul 2012 at 22:09
abstractdream View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2012 at 02:17
I will admit, the search bar could be in a better spot.
Bonfyr Verboo
Roland Gunner View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2012 at 04:42
Originally posted by Avion Avion wrote:

Originally posted by Diomedes Diomedes wrote:

I don't understand why this seems to be an issue. Good housekeeping habits suggest that if the adv res bar is closed when you have finished using it, then it will be closed when you next come on line. I never leave it open, and only open it to check on adv res builds and quantities.

Same here.  I don't like to keep it open if I am not using it.

I think these two posts help prove the point that the current setup for showing advanced resources could be better.  Advanced resources, and keeping your queues full are a huge part of efficient Empire management.  

If you had an "arrow" to hide basic resources, would it still be good housekeeping to hide that information?   

My point (the same one I made with the compulsory friends list) is that having options to obtain more information in less clicks should be a goal of the interface, not finding interesting ways to hide that information.

R.

Rill View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2012 at 05:46
Smile

Edited by Rill - 09 Jul 2012 at 22:08
Roland Gunner View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2012 at 08:10
I'm not suggesting that they force people to view the information, just adjust the popup so that it doesn't cover the search window or the daily prestige.  In other words, I'm adding my voice in agreement with the OP.

If we had the option for an adjustable pop out window for announcements it would solve half of this problem and four or five other ones I have (key word "I", I know most don't).  It would make life much easier if we could choose which announcements we wanted to be displayed and add a dismiss option to each announcement.  For instance you could turn on announcements for when adv resource queues finish, or building or tech queues are empty.  Then dismiss each announcement as you take care of the problem.  Basically a "Hey Stupid Window" to remind us of things we missed.

I've mentioned similar ideas in other threads and very few others seem to have a problem with this, but I'm still screaming into the wind hoping to make enough noise that it may get future consideration. 

I'm off topic, but I'm curious what the average "fill rate" of queues are for the average player?  Is it unusual for a player to try and stay well above 95% for adv resources and near 100% for Research and Construction?  It's difficult to have the basics in stock to set 10k queues all the time for non active prestige accounts.     

With that being said, I would agree with the "less information crowd" that it would probably be healthier to just let stuff sit idle and not worry about it, but that is easier said then done.

R.
Rill View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2012 at 08:26
Smile

Edited by Rill - 09 Jul 2012 at 22:06
Subatoi View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2012 at 17:27
On regards to the feeling to make the daily bonus more obvious,

While I do not doubt that with UI changes various aspects in Illyriad have become slightly less noticeable and therefor easier to overlook, the daily bonus is a freebie and perhaps should be more appreciated? The developers did not have to place in a daily bonus ability in illyriad, with the option including one free prestige, perhaps we should be content to remember to minimize the adv resource bar and be happy overall with the ability to get a prestige per day, with no cost to you other then remembering day to day?
Rorgash View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2012 at 17:31
how about you stop complaining about having to click a button and remember to take free stuff and pay for it like alot of others..

i mean thats what you are doing, complaining about having ro remember to take freebies, something they REALLY dont have to even give out..
Tordenkaffen View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2012 at 17:47
Would be nice to just recieve the reward once every 24 hrs. upon login. (sitters excluded ofc.)

The prestige bonus is basically a reward for being active on a regular basis, there is no real reason why it should require so much clicking every time. 

I prefer things smooth and practical is all.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic